1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason era should be over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The back-and-forth was over days ago, yet here you are dragging it back up and adding to the antagonism. At this point, the problem is you.

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    OK, if you say so professor. The problem is half-wit know-it-alls who act like they are smarter than everyone else. I think we know who fits that bill.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I can’t say you are wrong time will tell. I will say this in this offense I am not sure anyone will look like Ben’s replacement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Look at the current group of top QB's under 30. Some have had special years, some continue to impress, others are have reached (or are soon to reach) elite status. From Ben's era, how many QB's can you put in that place? Note how many Qb's have come and gone, some having special years. but never really reaching elite. I would say Brady, Brees, Rodger's and Ben. Eli perhaps, Rivers by stats..but never on the great accomplishment. I may be missing one or two, but that list is pretty small. That is what we will be missing, these guys do not come along very often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why would you bench DJ? He hasn't turned it over. Not that you'd bench a WR for turning it over but he hasn't contributed to that problem.

WR is also much more dependent of good QB play than vice versa. Maybe JuJu can wear sparklers so Rudolph see's him when he's wide open. Maybe they can all stretch their limbs so they can catch the passes that are way off target. I don't have any ideas on how they can make Rudolph have more poise and go through his reads when he has pass protection.

It's one thing not to bench a QB like Ben, quite another not to bench a rookie QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are dragging out the antagonism and engaging in childish name-calling as you complain about people having to read arguments on the thread. Perhaps you should rethink a few things. :facepalm:

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    DJ had 3 fumbles of the year and I didn't say I wanted them benched. I was simply asking you since you are saying Mason is part of the problem(which I totally agree with) DJ and Juju are also the problems and there is no bench talk on them. Heck Juju and Conner have fumbled away games and it all comes back to just Mason.

Please stop with the WR's wide open, every QB has that problem. If you want to bring up the "wide open" wr's lets talk about all their drops as well. Also if guys are wide open as you say don't you think in the film session that would get brought up and pointed out..........

Well to give Mason more poise maybe it could start with catching the damn ball. Then maybe if we protected him a little more that would work too. Oh and maybe the QB coach........oh wait don't have one. I know this last one will really get all you guys but the truth is the truth, where was Ben? They show the sidelines and we see Fitch and Mason talking sometimes but last game I did not see Mason and Ben talk once. I get it I am watching tv and don't see anything, maybe the people going to the games can chime in here, is Ben helping Mason?

7 games in, Mason has 1 stinker and we are talking benching, Ben has never had a bad game????? Jacksonville says hi!!!!!!! Take the clown game out Mason had 4 int's 2 were off the wr hands(maybe Juju should have put the sparkler down) and 2 fumbles cost us 2 wins. I would say for a back up in his 2nd year and 6th game he was doing as well as can be expected until the clown game. Mason is not a pro bowl QB he is hurt and on our sidelines........

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Mason has a backup who may be more productive than he is. This is why he is in the benching argument.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    My guess is the coaches and front office don't see it that way. OH and either do 31 other teams who didn't pick this kid up after we cut him. I want the best for this team if it is duck so be it I have nothing connecting me to Mason. But to put all the blame on Mason with this train wreck of an offense it nuts.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Also one more thing how do you say Duck is more productive. when Duck came in vs the Rats mason was 13-20 131yds 1 td o int long pass of 35 with a 100.2 rating......Duck 7-9 68yds 0 td&int long of 18 with a 98.1 rating.

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    If he struggles against the tanking Bungles, will you still be pounding the pavement in his defense? Who can we blame his failure on this week?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well when you get a chance read the beginning because MT talks about how pressure affects accuracy and a clean pocket as well. Just looking at sack% and all that doesn’t tell the whole story.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    How can you say Mason is? Should I cherry pick some stats to back my argument up?

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

First off I am not looking for excesses I am looking at this fairly, if you don't think others are just as to blame for this offense struggling then fine nothing I say will change that and I am not going back and forth with you like I have been reading with others in this thread.

Second the Bungals are coming off a good game they are not just laying down, I think more than one person has posted that here.

Third I started off being on the bench Mason bandwagon but after thinking about it and reading many posts here I am ready to stay with him. If he struggles again I would have no problem seeing what Duck can do if he can add a spark but at that point Mason is done there is not going back after that.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I don't have to read that to know that I have said that before when we had the whole pressure vs sack thing. Good find I will check it out.....

• Like Like x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

If you can find them.......

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    If you think the Bengals are not playing for a draft pick this year...lol
    Yes the offense is horrific this year but it's not Ben's fault this time. Mason takes the heat this year.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah cause that is what NFL players do play for draft picks.....smh. You think this young QB wants a draft pick no he wants to show the bunholes he is their QB. Man it kills me to think some people can think a team will tank........there are 53 guys on this team and most are playing for a job. 17-10 loss to the Raiders showed they were tanking............

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Don't you find it weird that all the receivers are having trouble with drops? Is it the floating ducks that make them think twice about go getting?

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    When a team benches all their starters and or trades away all their best players(Miami) then I will believe they are tanking. Even Miami after trading away all their best guys the players left still aren’t tanking . If you want to say we’re more talented than Cincy and should win the game, fine but with all our key injuries I’m not sure how big a advantage we actually have. If they’re trying to win one game this year this is the one. They won’t lay down unless we make them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I find a lot of things weird like the play calling and yes the drops but I am not sure you can solely blame Mason. Just one thing here you do realize Mason's last game vs these guys......24-28 229yds 2 td 0 int long of 43 with a 124.6 rating? Now add that into his whole 7 games with 2 of them being lost on fumbles and how do you say Mason is THE problem? Is he part of it of course but man this offense is struggling at all spots. We are still talking about a back up qb in his 2nd year we aren't talking about a pro bowler. I feel we used a 3rd rounder on this kid for a reason and you can't just throw that away. jmo :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.