1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason era should be over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I heard that particular call with PK as well. PK felt that Rudolph is having to play too soon. He’s not ready. Do you recall what he and Jim said about Hodges? They like him. They talked about how he consistently has success going against the defense in the 2 minute drill in practice. A few weeks ago PK said that when he was at Steelers training camp, one of the coaches (Who he wouldn’t name) said something to the effect that if the front office had any balls, they’d keep Hodges over the other guys.

I’m not going to make Hodges out to be a future Pro Bowler, but he showed no fear in his limited time. I think he needs to see action if Rudolph doesn’t rebound in the first half Sunday.

One other thing in Rudolph: if he’s not ready as PK said, then we’re not going to find much out about whether he should be in our future plans.

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Mason is playing in a different league than 2005, Sounds like another Mason excuse imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not as high on Duck as others but thats real interesting. I agree he does seems fearless.

Seems obvious that Rudolph isn't ready. Hopefully they make the switch at half if they have too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'll put myself on the record that neither Rudolph nor Hodges will be in the NFL 3 years from now.

That said, I'd rather start Duck. At least he has the potential to make some fun Bubby Bristerish type plays in between his..well...Bubby Bristerish type disastrous plays.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    LMAO. I believe Bubby's first start was against Cincy as a rookie. I think it was still Malone at Qb and he was injured. The Steelers, Bubby completed something like 33% of his passes, and the Cincy coach said, "I had to shake his hand that guy is going to be a star". Malone (?) said something like 'hell I complete way more than a third of my passes and get booed'. LMAO. Please take my memory with a grain of salt, I do not care to look this stuff up..those years are painful enough.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    That's cool man glad you heard that I love that show and for some reason PK has a very warm spot for the Steelers. I did hear him talk about duck but I thought he said he would sit Mason in favor of him but he did say he would have put him in the clown game. I also head him say to that caller that he wouldn't put duck or lynch in as a starter.

PK did say he wasn't ready but who is? He also talked about how little help he has around him and especially talked about the difference in the team when Ben was in this position compared to Mason. Just because a guy isn't ready does not mean he can't get ready? Mason is getting zero help from the run game, the oline, his receivers and the play calling. I mentioned this earlier but Mason had a good pass deep and Holton dropped it(as well as others), that has been the story of the year. How is Mason suppose to get better and gain confidence when we drop passes, are getting pressured and fumble games away? One question for ya if we don't fumble those two games away and win them don't you think the confidence level would have been different for Mason? I do and don't get me wrong I am not taking the blame away from Mason but after thinking a lot about this I am ready to keep going with him until I see another performance like the last game. jmo

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That's fine you keep believing that, I don't have to make excuses the proof is there. Both DJ and Juju fumbled games away and took wins from us how is that Mason's fault? This team is a shell of what it was last year when Ben was tossing 5k yds. Ben was struggling in a game and a half, our 1,2,3 rb's have been hurt and now our #1 wr is out.....oh and let's not forget our all pro center. But that's ok I will go find more excuses........smh :facepalm:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Me as well I won't use the "A" word :smiley1:, yeah there is something they see in him but it is awful funny how they cut him and yet in a league where QB is king nobody picked him up. Part of me wants to see Duck come in and if he does well we can put all the Mason talk to bed and if he don't then we can just remove Duck and insert Lynch to the replace Mason talk. I hope that don't happen as if we can't beat the Bungals we have some serious problems.........and this board will not be too fun the days to follow. :roflmao:

9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    There's plenty more to be found but are still excuses. Mason needs to step-up or step-aside until he can be productive.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I do not disagree that he needs to step up but he is not alone and to put the blame just on him is a joke.......

11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Get a Kleenex and dry your eyes FFS. What's funny is how some people just can't move on and the rest of us are forced to scroll through 12 pages of incessant whining and condescending bullshyte.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    We can only hope...

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Find my quote that he is to blame, you will be wasting your time. He is a BIG factor in our offensive ineptitude.
    Excuses can be made for the oline, the running game, wrs ability to contribute, coaching that can all point directly to Mason. Kid needs to get it together, SBs are not won with excuses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    People acting like Rudolph is dropping dimes out there. He's a big part of the problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, you're not going to fool me with the A word again :lolol:

It's understandable that no one would, there is no film on him, that's something only the Steelers would know.

I could see how politics would keep the kid off the field, they picked Rudolph to be the future and told everyone how they had a first rd grade on him. They are going to give him every bit of rope they can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    So by poise you mean the way he is unable to lead WRs, checks down immediately, throws balls behind over and under receivers, spazzes out when pressured, cant scramble? Or maybe you view poise as the way he handled himself during the Myles Garrett spectacle? Oh yes, what a stellar example of what poise looks like... Either way, we clearly have different views of what poise is and isn't. But hey, I guess my dumb comment deserves an even dumber comment by you.

And another thing, if you read my comment and actually "heard" something, then you've got bigger problems and might want to seek professional help.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Mason flat out stinks, nathan peterman caliber QB. Honestly, Mason has to be in the bottom 3 at QB in the league. It's like he's allergic to making plays. He will struggle against cinci. I think the team felt is was best to run wild cat against them last time around. If your team is running the wildcat consistently in a game, that means you don't have a QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Which makes me wonder why so many people want to draft a QB to run the wildcat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Dobbs could do it but we let him go. Just need the te's to make it work.

Edit: & some pulling linemen

20. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    i must have missed that but who wants a QB so we can run the wildcat, which almost never includes the QB?

21. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I agreed with this, but not totally. I don't think he's Peterman bad.

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Right here just quoted it

Why are you looking to bench Mason but nobody else??????

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am disagreeing with the part about dropping dimes.....yes he is a part of the problem. So is DJ so is Juju but you don't talk about benching them......just sayin

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sign everyone...........wait I mean.....bench everyone :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I chose let Mason start in the board pole, I would like to see how he rebounds after a bad game.
    That said I think his career as Ben's replacement is slim to none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.