1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryland CB Sean Davis

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 17, 2016.

1. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    You should tell the NFL Champion Denver Broncos they are clueless fools who don't know what they are doing. They started 2nd round pick Ty Sambrailo Week 1. He started 3 games before going on IR Sept 27th.

Kelvin Benjamin and Star Lotulelei both were week 1 starters for the Panthers.

Only bad teams start rookies huh? Like the Broncos and Panthers? Or KC starting Peters and having the 3rd best scoring defense in the NFL?

Sorry how many playoff wins do the Steelers have since 2010? One. One wildcard win over Marvin Lewis starting a backup QB and only won because Burfict and Pacman are idiots.

That's your problem. You are smug, glib and arrogant. The Steelers are underdogs. They should play with a chip on their shoulder.

And how are you twisting Cockrell into being responsible for the 30th ranked pass defense?! Veterans Will Allen and Antwan Blake were the worst players in the secondary and had 7 years in the Steelers D combined. Golden was no great hell either and has multiple years in the system.

Your argument is that the Steelers coaches know what they are doing... and at the same time ignoring that Tomlin said 3 rookies could start on D.

Please explain how starting rookies irreparably damages them?!

"The list of failed draft picks who started to early is enormous." <--- what does that even mean?!?!

NFL rookies bust all the time. If they start sooner you find out they are bad players sooner. That is all. How is game experience a bad thing for the player?! It can be bad for the team but not the player.

You're so pompous.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    ... As an injury replacement

Elite talent, good comparison for Sean Davis

I realize context is difficult for you to keep track of. Glance up at the thread title when you start going off on a tangent.

It's amazing how many stupid yinzers think that's some kind of trump card.

How are you arguing that Cockrell proves an inexperienced player can start, when simultaneously arguing how much the secondary sucked?

You are exactly right. Which means every time you disagree with me you are waving the moron flag.

"Tomlin said we're going to start rookies!!!! the Steelers don't start rookies!!!!"

"Tomlin said we're going to start rookies!!!! the Steelers don't start rookies!!!!"

Explain something to you? Seriously?

*Too

Does that help?

No. Sorry, everything you think... Is wrong

Yea

3. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    "Explain something to you? Seriously?"

RPO,

Cockrell proves the Steelers do start inexperienced players.

You didn't understand that?

You said "Rebuilding teams start rookies. Contenders don't."

This is demonstrably false. Roethlisberger going to the AFC Championship in his first season is one of dozens of great examples.

Obviously you had to once again move the goalposts and say that Davis isn't as good as other rookies without him ever having played a down in the NFL or been to more than one practice.

You must be clairvoyant.

All you have is tearing down Davis for no reason. That is all you are doing. Over and over in different ways with no evidence that he can not hack it.

Explain how starting rookies early damages them. I need a laugh.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    You are literally saying that the Steelers know better than other teams and that you also know better than other teams.

You are literally saying that I am wrong by stating that how quickly rookies are brought along is a philosophical difference. That is all it is.

You are literally saying you know better than hundreds of NFL executives, coaches and scouts.

The KC Chiefs have had a rookie starter week 1 every year since 2003.

So all of you who give Davis 0% chance to start are smarter than the Chiefs entire staff. Those NFL professionals don't know ****.

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Some of these guys that are tearing Davis down are the same ones who said, " oh the Steelers wont take a cornerback in the first round." A select few are mad because all their old, antiquated ideas and notions of how the Steelers operate are not flying anymore. The front office is starting to do some things different from the past and some people are closed minded and refuse to change with Colbert & Tomlin.

Remember, they tried to argue with me about ladarius Green telling me he has to block because, " that's the Steeler way for TE's". When they had never seen him while I've been watching him for two years here on the west coast. LOL. Ladarius Green is a grade C blocker on his best day. LOL. Then...Tomlin came out and admitted at Green's press conference that Green is a designated pass catching TE. Then the old heads had to be quiet and move on from that discussion because they were wrong.

You guys that are holding on to these old notions of how this team is ran need to pay attention to the facts of this team is doing some things different. Start being more flexible in your thinking.

Because the truth is Davis cant be any worse then what we had last year opposite Mitchell. I too would love to cling to old ways; its more comfortable doing so.

But I see them doing things different and I acknowledge it for what it is; not what I want it to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    More of this...

Less of this...

:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe the Steelers have improved their secondary, but the casual fan may not
    see it. Carnell Lake & Coach T, Coach Butler have their hands full. There will be lots of eyes watching how these
    2 highly drafted db's + Golson perform. (Player development) We are going to need these young guys to contribute this year
    to get us where we need to be. #7 only has so many more chances left. We will still need to generate a pass rush that will help these young players.
    Attack and watch the W's grow.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao: no wonder you think you're right all the time, you lie and make stuff up to fit your story.

Never Never Land must be fun.

9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    You throw a rock in a pack of dogs; the one that hollers is the one that got hit. Stop hollering BF. LMFAO!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I know Dean, you're not that clever but the alternative is to let you lie and spread things that aren't true and this dog is going to hound you all over this board calling you on it when you do.

Try and have some honor, don't lie.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This is rich coming from you since you know better than the Steelers and are quick to point out that teams make mistakes all the time whenever someone supports our coaching staff. I thought we were supposed to embrace independent thinking :hmm:

Guess it's only the Steelers that don't know what they are doing.

12. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Cockrell started because Allen went on IR.

You don't seem capable of discerning the difference between anointing rookies as starters, and having rookies (or inexperienced players) like Sambrailo and Cockrell step in due to injuries.

Of course Davis isn't as good as other 1st/elite rookies. That's not moving the goal posts, that's common sense for anyone who has watched him play.

13. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I'm "literally" not saying any of those things. You have difficulty with reading comprehension. You interpret everything within the scope of your predetermined position.

14. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    "The steelers don't start rookies, and they've only won 1 playoff game in the last x years"....

Next day

"The Chiefs have started a rookie every year since 2003..."

The coherence of your arguments is very impressive. Keep it up!

15. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Pk
    Please...
    No lies are being made. Your just a grown man who cant stand to be wrong in front of others. It's sad.

In my post, your name wasn't even mentioned but because of your guilty conscience, you came swooping in. LOL.

I've decided to ene dialog with you BF. Have a wonderful day.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    What's funny is that is exactly how you come across, Dean.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    The personal attacks and name calling are over. We gave it a much longer leash than we ever typically do, but it's all done now. I'm sure there are many forums out there that indulge that type of discourse, but this isn't one of them.

18. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    TT, no problem with me. I totally agree with you on that stance. I won't read his post anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Got it

20. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    That is a fair point.

I see the key pieces on the Seattle Seahawks were week 1 starters in 2012. 2nd round Wagner and 3rd round Russell.

And I see that KJ Wright and Richard Sherman both started as rookies in 2011 despite being 4th and 5th round picks.

And I see that Russell Okung and Earl Thomas both started game 1 in 2010.

Those 3 classes with rookies getting ample playing time early were the foundation of their defense and team and the reason they will be contenders for years.

I see the Seahawks as the team most closely resembling the Steelers from 2005-10. I wish we could watch that defense and I wish the Steelers would run to set up the pass. But you can wish in one hand...

You are right that I am critical of Tomlin and it is because I prefer Cowher ball.

Cowher had a rookie starter in 11/15 draft classes. "But he didn't know what he was doing because rookies shouldn't start and the Steelers have never started rookies."

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015

So the Seattle Seahawks started lots of rookies coming out of an era where they went 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, 7-9

And that is relevant to the Steelers how?

Earl Thomas started? Does anyone think that's relevant to Sean Davis?

Is context this hard?

the argument "see rookies started, therefor Seab Davis could/should/would start" doesn't pass the sniff test. Try something else

Maybe put some effort in to why you think Sean Davis is starter capable at safety, preferably something more than listing his height, and the number of bench presses he did.

22. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Chiefs have finished 3, 2, and 5 in scoring defense the last 3 years. They know what they are doing on defense.

The Chiefs have the same playoff record as the Steelers since 2010. The Chiefs shut out the Texans and lost to the Pats by 7 or they would have gone to the AFC Championship.

Again... all you have is tearing down other teams and Davis.

Davis was the second fastest and second strongest safety drafted. He played safety for 3 years in a college system but you reference his 4th year at corner as being detrimental.

Somehow Davis lost the mysterious art of playing safety.

You keep talking about "elite" players. All you have is elitism and arrogance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    So now it's where teams finish in defense that matters not playoff wins?

Your Goal posts are made of play-do

24. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I don't know why you think I'm putting down Davis. I think it's fairly objective to have my opinion (in general).

As opposed to your homer position which is essentially "anyone the steelers drafted at safety immediately becomes qualified to start".

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Very first sentence was a lie, never said we wouldn't draft a CB in the first round.

Won't waste time tearing down all the other inaccuracies, you'll lie again anyway.

Clearly talking about me Dean, like I said, not that clever.

Ending dialogue? Thanks, my day just got much brighter.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1