1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Traded by deadline?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HawkeyeJames, Oct 30, 2017.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    There was praise the day Limas was no longer on the team.

He had one good play in Steelers history he laid out a Raven on block, de-cleated the guy. That was after he drop a sure fire TD, that hit him in the hands. Then he laid there dead and wasted a Steelers time out because it was under two minutes, that was in the AFC Championship game witnessed it first hand I was at the game.

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I wouldn't trade Marty at all. Keep him this year all year and hope he's able to turn his game (and brain) around. Work with him in the offseason and see if he changes his attitude. If not, then put him on the 53 and deactivate him all year. Screw him.

You don't get to quit on your team, then expect them to get rid of you for peanuts so you can go ball out somewhere else. Nope.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think they will be trading him this year, depending on the BS
    he causes going forward. If after the season, this could change and we will oblige his request.

4. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I would like to see the pedestal that some here put players on. Surely it has to be pretty short.

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I know he's in a lot of doghouses around here but whether you want to admit it or not we will need him for our O to reach their full potential. Rogers and Hunter are not the answer....we need MB back and playing well. We already know when it counts the most , teams are gonna take AB away . We will need more than JUJU to make big plays. MB on top of his game is a big difference maker. We got 13 days to let the dust settle and get him involved and back on track...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey, the man learned his lesson. We get it ... the offense can play without him. But, have we learned, that ben is really struggling and all MB want....is to get the ball thrown to him.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ahhhh.... I never get tired of this one....

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Wasn't it the Bears game that Bryant dropped a bomb from Ben that hit him in both hands on the first play of the game? And in the 4th quarter of the same game Bryant also dropped a 19-yard slant pass that hit him in the chest in the endzone.

Ben hasn't been great this year, but Bryant hasn't performed when he's had a chance to. If he catches either of those balls in the Bears game Steelers are 7-1 right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I don't agree that MB's best was better than JuJu's. He put up better numbers over the course of the season, but JuJu has a much more diverse skill set. He can simply do more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    “What do you Steelers fans use to make those pedestals?”

[​IMG]

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I remember seeing you at that game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think I was in Section 233 closed end zone, seats right up against the wall.

I just remember when Troy intercepted that ball that was the loudest thing I ever heard in my life.

Then it was lot of hugging and jumping up and down with people, I had no clue who they were. But it was Steelers nation!!

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So the Bills inquired about Bryant. They ended up getting Kelvin Benjamin instead for a 3rd and 7th rd pick in 2018 draft.

I wonder what the offer was?

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sweed caught six passes for 69 yards in his career. Smith-Schuster just caught seven passes for 193 yards in one game. That was a silly comparison.

15. WildcatSteeler

WildcatSteeler New Member

Oct 31, 2017
    While Juju is a solid, big receiver who seems reliable, it becomes more apparent every game how nice a legitimate jump-ball deep-threat type of guy would fit on our team. We have plenty of guys who reel it in and rack up yards-after-the-catch, but it's still hard not to miss Ben throwing a 50-50 to Martavis deep or in the corner of the end-zone and watching him go over his defender and scoop the ball up. He adds an extra dynamic to our offense when he's focused. It appears he'll be gone but Ben, as well as I and much of the coaching staff, were definitely hoping this would blow over.

16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

and just set a new NFL with 4tds

17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would say close to the same thing. 3rd. rounder is what I was guessing . After Ben retires Bryant might become the best deep threat in the game .http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/joshua-dobbs?id=2558167

The part about the eye catching 47% deep ball completion rate is interesting .

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    His athleticism and arm will open things up for sure. Needs to fix his foot work and put some meat on his frame.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Is Bryant suddenly going to learn to adjust while the ball is in the air? Or maybe learn how to actually use his size to go up and fight for a ball? Those are things great deep threats do, but Bryant can't seem to do either properly.

That said, some of y'all really need to get over the Dobbs delusions.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Some of you need to stop acting like every pass is a contested fight for the ball and realize that in fact very few of them are.

Even more of you need to stop acting like you know for sure the outcome of how Dobbs will do.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    But when they are contested, or a mid path adjustment is needed, Bryant has not excelled.

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Spot on with foot work and bulk . If he can put on at least 10 lbs. and learn to throw with balance he might just become a very good QB . Funny how most clown Dobbs and his Deep ball Completion rate is better than Ben's everywhere rate this year .I know it's different levels , but it seems a fan would like to give him some time to see if he can do some of the things in the NFL he did in college.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Id have to go back and watch his 2015 tape, Im not taking into account this year. He's clearly been affected by the layoff and Ben hasnt helped matters any.

I don't recall those observations being accurate pre suspension though.

You lose me when you compare "stats". There is no comparison. Lets wait until he actually plays a pro game before making comparisons.

He has a great arm though and feel he has very good potential. I'll be making a post about him when im done doing some film study, if it backs up my hunch that is.

24. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Unless you're the Steelers and Ben is throwing into double/triple coverage or over/underthrowing to wide open receivers where the defender ends up closer to the pass than the receiver. ;)

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I never said any such thing, but I was responding to the ridiculous idea that Bryant suddenly becomes a great deep threat the moment Roethlisberger is gone. Roethlisberger is still much better than Jones or Dobbs and Bryant's flaws don't go away just because there is a new quarterback. Bryant doesn't adjust well on deep balls. We saw that Sunday, when he didn't even try to adjust on the one deep throw in his direction. Despite his size and athleticism, you never see him go up and fight for a ball and actually come down with it. His height is useless if he can't high point a ball. If he is going to be a great deep threat, he has to make the tough catches.

Regarding Dobbs, it is the people drooling over his potential who are assuming too much. What I've seen is a guy with physical tools who has an incredibly long way to go and may never get there.