1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Traded by deadline?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HawkeyeJames, Oct 30, 2017.

1. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just curious what everyone else thinks? I think he will be a Steeler after Tuesday but this will be his last year in Pittsburgh. I would love for the Steelers to get some sort of compensation for him but don't see it happening until the summer. Right now his value is at an all time low. That being said if he continues to be a pain in the arse get rid of him.

Personally I would love to see them package him to SF and our 1st round pick for theirs. Or whatever compensation it would take to get their pick. Then we draft Ben's replacement, whenever Ben is ready to retire. This is a young team overall, especially on defense and we could be looking at another championship window if we can find a franchise QB to take Ben's place.

I am in no means wanting to force Ben out. He has earned the right to retire on his own timeline.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    We need him for depth, you never know when some one is going to get hurt.

FYI I also like his talent better than Rogers, Hey Bey, or Justin Hunter.

Trade him in the off season, I don't think you will get much for him 5th or 6th rounder at best.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hes under contract for 2018. So he'll be a Steeler unless they unload him which I dont think they are going to.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It doesn't make sense to trade him now, when his value is at an all-time low. He can still help this team.

The one exception would be if they can get a player who helps right now, but I don't see that happening.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    with our cap space next year, we need some of these lower priced players and he fits that scenario. :cool:

6. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't know but yesterday was poetic justice.

Ju Ju was the star of the game, and Bryant had to sit on the bench and watch it 1st hand.

It was savage. Tomlin had to love it.

I guess a reporter asked him during his media conference after the game. If Bryant still was going to factor into the offensive of plans.

His was response was, I don't know.. I'm not sure yet.

I really like what Ju Ju brings to the team. He's like a breath of fresh air, because he is drama free, compared to everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I loved it. Now lets see how Bryant responds...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    When Bryant was playing his best football... he was better than JuJu is now. In JuJu's defense, he's only played 8 games, so he will just keep getting better and better. Will he be able to outperform Bryant's '15 level? Who knows, but it's looking good for JuJu if he can stay consistent.

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It has been a while since we saw Bryant at his best. The ideal would be for him to come around and provide that consistent deep threat while Smith-Schuster gives them a great slot receiver along with Brown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Can everybody stop this talk? All hands on deck for possibly Ben's last year. Why do you want to trade a deep threat for a pick. What does a pick do us right now? Also, JuJu and Bryant have different roles. So stop the JuJu > Bryant bs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Having more weapons can only help things down the road. No way they trade him with that much time left on his rookie contract, trade value would be horrible.

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Bryant gets traded by the deadline. On second thought if some gm offered something absolutely ludicrous like their #1. If that were to happen then the Steelers would jump all over it and rightfully so.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben is not the Good Ben anymore . As I stated before Bryant is a bad fit . He is not the smartest zone reader, Bryant is not a precise route runner, Bryant is not good at adjusting to the ball.

Bryant and Ben are a bad fit. Bryant wont give us much this year maybe he can after Ben is gone ? If he can stay work hard and be happy waiting for a better fit at QB then keep him. If he is going to cause trouble then ship him out.

14. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    To be fair, if Ben could have made the throws, Bryant would have at least a couple of long td connections, or at the very least, a handful of long receptions. I like that he stretches the defense but, I have no idea where his mind will be after serving his penance.

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Remember Limas Sweed. Kendrell Bell Don't praise rookies till they been around a while

16. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I really don't ever remember anyone praising Sweed. LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If this is Ben's final year ( lets all pray that it is) maybe the next QB will get the ball to Bryant and make the little baby all happy again. Ben doesn't have the aim anymore, he just floats it out there for everybody.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just to clarify I never said JuJu was better than Bryant. I was asking what people thought would happen. If he works hard, keeps his nose clean and accepts some humble pie I am all for him staying a Steeler. But the me first attitude needs to be checked at the door or he needs to be shown the door.

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I've been thinking that JuJu on the outside as #2 and Martavis coming in on 3rd down might be a better set up for the team (same as Bryant's role as a rookie).

20. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    right now we would be lucky to get a Joe Montana lunch box for him
    (pick another QB if you're thinking of some other team than the 49ers)

21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Well looks like we got our tall receiver. That was the extent f his praise LOL

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol!!!!!

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    we can use Bryant but it's a shame Ben can't hit his long balls anymore, otherwise our run game would greatly open up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    a) I don't see any team giving us much for MB on his own. 4-5th rounder is what I've heard elsewhere too. Trading a malcontent stoner for a high round pick... that dog won't hunt.

b) Can't see the steelers caving to that kind of extortion (unless it was for a ridiculous deal of course).

c) Seems it's in MB's interest to make this year a good year to bump up his value

Not saying anything new here but, unless someone (the browns or jets?) do something stupid, I don't see MB going anywhere. The only other way I see him getting the boot is if he pulls a "Blount" with JuJu.

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    After Jujus performance does MB go back to being #2 ? What your thoughts