1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis, how about a few big plays this Sunday!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Roonatic, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I need more of your highlight rac's!!

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Stop & Go > bubble screens.

#10 agrees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, please!!

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You know I watched some of the game from last week today and the thing that really stood out to me was the fact that even though Bryant had a bad game I noticed that he seemed really supportive of AB and his big plays and just had overall pretty good body language. He also seemed pumped when James scored that second td. He looked a lot more upbeat than Bell. Did anyone else notice this? Maaaaaaybe he's finally about to get a clue. I'm holding out hope but I'm still not his biggest fan at this point just because of the off the field selfishness and downright stupidity. Dude has some atoning to do in my eyes.

5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    and that was plays martavis, not puffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    This is on Ben as well. He has to get the ball to Martavis in a good position to get RAC yards. If Bryant is lunging to get a poorly thrown ball chances are he won't get a lot after even if he does catch it.

7. MackDog21

MackDog21 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Im thinking we will see the offense running on all cylinders, or at least more cylinders than last week. I expect to see Bell early, in an attempt to get him going. He flashed a few plays last week, and a few of his better runs got called back by holding, when he had a first down and they were likely to run him again on 1st, but instead of a long distance situation and forced into passing. I think by getting Bell going early on in the game, it will really open things up for Brown, Bryant, James and co.

I would really like to see Bryant get a long 40+ reception though! I also want to see him get an end around/reverse type play after faking to Bell, once they have the run game established and can make some room for Haley's cute little offensive plays he loves to run. Im basically hoping that Bell is running well, early on in the game, so that when Haley inevitable starts to get cute, it actually works

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think Bell will be a big part of the game plan tomorrow. Hope Haley gives Bryant some chances to light it up & he smokes the secondary.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The only way Martavis gets overly involved is if we pick up big chunks of yardage on 1st down. 2nd and 3rd and short Ben can really open up the passing game.

10. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Yea, let's hope #10 & #26 show up tomorrow...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How many times do you think he will be targeted? I hope atleast 8.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    This is what I was thinking last week watching them against the browns. It was like Mat and Bell didn't even play.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    both have big days today. :cool:

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He was targeted 6 times and had 2 receptions. Not good. AB was balling with 11 targets and 11 receptions. It's all about 84! Maybe when opposing teams realize it's going to take more than triple coverage on AB and they start rolling half of their defense to him, 10 will get some opportunities then.

15. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    It seemed to me that MB was maybe a little anxious and pressing a little bit. Understandable after the long layoff. I think he going break out and have a big game. If not today then next week against the Bears.

16. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I'll be blunt. MB getting off to slow starts can't become chronic. This offense can only function if MB is rolling numbers up in his RAC stat

17. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Also MBryant is on both of my fantasy teams. Hoping for two TDs today!

18. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Browns had Peppers playing wayyy deep last week, they were worried about Bryant's speed. It will take Bryant a lot longer to knock off the rust than Bell though. Can't wait to see it when it's all clicking.

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    is RAC the same as YAC?

20. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cmon!!! Give the guy a break with weed jokes. He done his time let's move on no one's perfect. Bryant will be fine.

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  22. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    calm down

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. DonKnock

DonKnock Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2016
  24. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I thought Bell looked fine. He had a couple runs where he got more than we had a right to expect given the blocking. I didn't see him leaving lots of yards out there. Ben is the bigger issue. He has to get it into his head that he should take the easy stuff before forcing something deep. I have no problem with him taking deep shots when Brown or Bryant are one on one but this throwing into double or worse coverage while ignoring wide open guys for easy first downs has got to stop. Too often we piss away possession when we should be stomping on teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Me and my buddy found these crazy bootleg dvd's once when we were teenagers called Bum Fights and they had this guy on there named Willie that would stand in the streets and yell "Rack, Rack, Rackem! Rackem! Rackem!" and he was like a a crackhead or something. That post reminded me of that and I've not thought about that in years. LOL!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1