1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Bryant...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Daddymac10, Oct 23, 2017.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

That does sound plausible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    If you want to beat the patriots, you will probably need bryant. Plexico was a patriot killer in my opinion, and bryant reminds me of plex. If that is the truth, I wonder how many 'bryant not a steelers type of guy' fans would change their tunes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah but we need the dude from 2 years ago, not the shell of him that's suiting up this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Idk, Tom Brady don't seem to have problems spreading the ball around & he don't have weapons like we "supposedly" have. I'm a big fan of #84 & #26, but I thought this offense was loaded with weapons. If you got 7 in the box to stop #26, double & triple guys on #84 ...lol come on man somebody has to be open. I know #10 is an @sshole, but the guy got skills & he's a big target. OK we don't wanna use #10 for whatever reason, sit him & try #11. Because our offense is basically playing with 10 guys if we continue to not use #10. I remember there was a point in the game we had the ball and it's 3rd & 1 with Watson behind Ben & you got 8 or 9 in the box with #84 with SINGLE COVERAGE. We got stuffed running the ball. Since we like to force the ball to #84, that would be good time to let AB do his thing, right??

5. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    It’s tough to believe we are seeing the type of immaturity that we are seeing from a pro athlete. He was on his way in 2015, it was starting to click and he was figuring it out. HE made the decision to hit the bowl, so he has to pay the price. Santonio played a major part in winning a SB, and he got CUT! They stuck by this guy and he’s only been back since late August. I think some self reflection and acceptance of responsibility is needed.

6. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

AB should know better. he becomes a distraction by his actions also. there is no he earned being a distraction about it. MB is a very useful tool that isn't being used. he blocks very well if you haven't noticed. he could , if used properly open brown up even more and take some of the double and triple coverage off. there is no earned anything. this is a team game and they need to use the talent available to them. this team is at least 4 deep at WR and they need to do a much better job of spreading the wealth and what is given to them by the defense. it would keep guys happier and make this offense be all it could be. it's ridiculous not to use what talent is here, or under use it. :cool:

8. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I suppose the thing to do is to look at the game tape, not the televised version we are seeing, but the game tape so they can see what the players are doing on each route. If he shows up to the team film review and he is soooooo open and not getting the ball then that is how you start the conversation, not on instagram. Work your way open and come back to the QB if he’s in trouble. Work every route, even if your the third read. Prove your worth on the field, not via social media. I know people are being hard on #10, it is because the expectations were so high for him.

9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  11. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It’s time for the entire organization to treat him like the child he is being and just ignore him. You wanna throw a temper tantrum go for it embarrass yourself I’m just going to watch. Stop commenting on it and when reports ask just say I’m not commenting on the actions of a child. **** him

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Do NOT trade him!!!!! He has no value. Keep him and either he does what he needs to do to make himself valuable or he destroys his career ... The ball is in his court.

He has talent. He has done something we don't know about that has caused his targets and snaps to decrease. I saw him blocking a lot better vs. the Bengals. I don't have the all-22 so I don't know what he's doing when he isn't targeted.

We are better with a Bryant playing hard to earn a new contract or earn enough value to get traded. I honestly don't think he'll be a lockeroom cancer. He throwing a tantrum, let's see how he moves forward!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Keep him, dress him, play him.
    If the team keeps winning and he keeps complaining, he's going to look like a bigger idiot than he already is.

14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Not worth trading, but damn. I have a really hard time trusting him on the field. If you play him and he doesn't get targeted in the first half (highly probable), where's his focus going to be late in the game when it's critical?

Do you really want him out there with the game on the line pissed off that he ain't gettin his?

I don't.

He has now come out publicly and stated that he is a liability. Deactivate him. Let Eli and even DHB draw single coverage. I'm sure losing his 1 catch per game won't sink us.

15. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    How are you this big of a baby? My goodness.

He's a grown man playing a sport that most people can only dream of having the opportunity of playing.

Grow up or get out, man.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    At this point it may be best to put him on IR?

17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Headline: Martavis Bryant Put On Injured Reserve

The Pittsburgh Steelers placed embattled wide out Martavis Bryant on injured reserve for the remainder of the season today. A team spokesman stated that Bryant was listed on the injury report after playing against the Cincinnati Bengals with an ego strain. Social media testing was done the following day and he was diagnosed with a bruised ego and a completely unhinged attitude. It will take a change of employer in the off season in order to repair the injuries. More information will come later on this breaking development.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Martavis is suffering from some bad juju

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    That's some funny stuff right there

20. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    There are more updated headlines....but I refuse to post anymore from this. It’s like a Springer show that wasn’t good enough to air.

Washed my hands of this topic. If he plays he plays. If not, put someone else in.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Well if he'd shut up. Chiefs and Bengals were both games they had to run a lot to win. I could see the Lions game being pass heavy but with him crying if I was the Lions I'd throw double coverage his way all game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    There is a new success to winning for the Steelers, it's called run it 35 times and pass it 25 times.

Good luck getting many looks when the best receiver in the NFL is on your opposite side and you have one of the better pass catching RB's in the NFL in the backfield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    His production is minimal. He doesn't fight for the ball or fight for extra yards. I do like his downfield blocking, but I don't see catching the ball and yac as anything but average. His immaturity just irritates me, but his lack of production is how I judge him as a player.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    LOL:

Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Antonio Bryant tells ESPN: Use me or trade me

25. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    FAIL

• Like Like x 1