1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Bryant...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Daddymac10, Oct 23, 2017.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Really? You'd make excuses for that bad behavior? If we were losing, I'd be looking for leaders and those who want to be here even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He aint going anywhere this year. The steelers are not going to let him dictate to them. They are not going to get rid of a player who is an injury away from being very important. He is just going to have to shut the hell up and play. Especially if he wants a pay day from anyone

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's not about excuses for bad behavior. It's about opportunities in the passing game. Bryant is passionate about making plays, etc... but his performance is not up to par. He has to make some plays in order to get Ben's trust earned back.

I don't blame Ben for looking for Smith-Schuster. JuJu usually gets the #3 or #4 corner in coverage. Why not exploit that?

4. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1405096

5. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    He just blew off a mandatory meeting

6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Can't argue with that. But I think we're beyond him proving himself on the field. He needs to start acting like he belongs in our locker room.

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I really think Marijuana has a lot to do with keeping this guy focused and up to par of playing on a high level (no pun intended).

So now he is staying clean and his play has dropped off badly.

But, when he fails drug tests he was lighting it up (once again no pun intended).

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Guess he'll never be a tv announcer.

9. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    He likely has very limited social and coping skills and is probably extremely uncomfortable in a sober world. Most likely been self medicating for past 12-14 years. It will be interesting to see where his career goes. Had the potential to be a steal at the 4th round but can't get out of his own way. His intitial interviews at camp were probably rehearsed with his agent and PR people to show he had matured and how much of a team player he was. So much for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He really has a maturity problem... "I busted my ass to get back ain't nobody helped me but me"

Nobody put baby boy in the corner but himself! If he hasn't figured that out by now, I don't really know what sending him home for a week or more will do to straighten his ass up. I don't know what his trade value is either but I see a scenario where if they do, his ass will somehow end up on a roster that we don't want to see him on down the road.

I believe He thinks the Team is against him for whatever his perceived reason is and his immature ass is gonna kick and scream and pout his way out a la Blount.

I want to see him thrive here, but if he's already checked out I don't know if he can be reeled back in here... It just doesn't appear to be in his nature to man up and keep working. Probably doesn't help that he has a this ain't fair teenage mouth piece in his ear pumping him up either. Dude just hasn't shown that he can own up and move forward. Always somebody else's fault. I don't know that any discipline is gonna straighten his head up.

I don't know how you handle the situation but his ass needs to be collared one way or the other. Hate to see him go nor do I want to see him light us up as an opponent, but you can't have him wrecking the club house either.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

He missed mandatory team practice today. He is all but gone anyways

12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Marijuana is legal in Colorado, Washington state and Massachussetts. The NFL should recognize the laws in those states. IMO, players who play for Broncos, Patriots or Seahawks shouldn't be penalized for recreational marijuana use. Maybe Bryant would do better on one of those teams if the NFL would loosen it's laws. Then again.. hell no for Bryant going to the Patriots. He would be Randy Moss 2.0 there with Brady throwing him passes.:facepalm:

13. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    If that was the case, the rest of the league would have a hard time fielding a team hahahahhaha

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    You may be right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    This organization stuck by this clown through his own poor choices, now he wants to turn his back on the Rooney's? Deactivate him, and dress guys that want to work hard and get rewarded for it. The Rooney's owe him nothing. This team has championship aspirations, they don't need some childish, immature brat drawing attention away from the ultimate prize.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He just has to remind himself to be patient, he's missed a lot of football. And he needs to ignore trolls on social media.

Ben spoke to him after the last way overblown drama and had this to say:

"I have talked to him," Roethlisberger said during his weekly appearance on 93.7 FM, via the Tribune-Review. "He doesn't want to go anywhere. Sometimes things come from agents because they want what they think is the best for the player and don't realize that it ends up hurting the player. I don't know exactly what happened here, but what I do know is there hasn't been any inklings of unhappiness. It's unnecessary drama.

"None whatsoever," Roethlisberger continued. "A matter of fact this week I thought he gave more effort in the run game, in blocking for other guys. ...

"Obviously, his numbers aren't what he was hoping and expecting. He's been gone for a whole year. It's not like he missed four games, six games, eight games. It's been a whole year. That's tough. I'm happy to have him back as a teammate, a football player, and I'm excited for what is going to come for him down the road."

17. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
  18. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    The fact that he is not ignoring trolls is very telling of where he is mentally at... I mean if all it takes is some blow hard saying JuJu is better sets off another social site rant/deleted quip/now missing team obligations then the kids not living in reality to begin with.

I'm not putting any stake into this is Ben's fault or Haleys fault or whomevers fault. Dude just don't have it between the ears or in his chest. I was happy he made it back...keep rooting for him but the pattern is getting stupidly obvious the past 2 weeks, and needs to be settled one way or another.

I'm sure he'll apologize AGAIN and say he meant what he wants is more touches not to be traded but it's hard to deny the fact that he's being a little brat that wants to take his ball and go to another park.

19. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Why would we complain about Bryant when he was playing well? Short term memory? What's your point... if a guy plays well 2 years ago we need to support him the rest of his career? That Bryant you speak of is no longer playing. The ONLY reason he's getting blasted now is because the selfish / immature jerk completely fails to recognize he was the reason for the suspension. He failed his team by getting a year suspension. Now he's not playing well and he still thinks it's everyone else's fault. Many teams might have dumped him after 2 suspensions. In stead of being a man, taking responsibility, and working his ass off to help the team win, he's crying about his own stats. He doesn't care if the team won. Now he's trying to distract the team because poor ole Martavis isn't getting enough balls thrown his way. If my 5 year old was acting like that I'd pull him off the field and bench him.

not to mention his slam of juju. "no way he's better then me" was the jist of his quote. JuJu is in everyway better then him becase juju didn't get suspended.. Juju shows up to meetings, practice, and camp to work his butt off in an effort to improve his game... while Martha Bryant skips meetings and cries on Instagram about not getting enough balls.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    It's only a matter of time before he smokes again anyways. He's obviously frustrated, angry, etc. This is how bad habits return. Justin Blackmon, Josh Gordon... Martavis Bryant... The writing is on the wall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It would be great if we could trade him before everyone else figures out he is worthless. We will be fine without him. Management, just don`t be stupid and send him to NE or something where he may get a short term attitude change and help that team.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    But that is not a part of the current CBA between the League and the Players.

With the current CBA the players have agreed to testing. Until the new CBA up they aren't going to change the rules.

I definitely see a strike coming. Between drug testing, penalties, suspensions, fines, CTE, 18-game schedule, standing of sitting for the national anthem. There are a lot of hot button topics.

24. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.... wonder if his doctor visit was to request medical marijuana? If the NFL needs a reason for their random or follow up tests.... do it now.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Most of the balls thrown deep to Bryant have not been catchable. Bens been awful throwing deep this year.

Only 2 games has Bryant been target 8 times, every other game has been 5 or less. Yesterday 2 targets. I'd be frustrated too.

Don't know who is to blame for that without watching the All 22 and mapping out all 7 games. I'd say its a combination of both. Ben has admitted he relies on AB too much.

Forgot you responded to me already? :lolol:

Short term memory as in forgot how good he was. Its been 7 games after missing a year of football. So, I dont know, maybe a little support for this season anyway and worry about the rest of his career later. I expect he will be a bigger piece of the puzzle in the second half of the season.

And he has worked his ass off, anyone paying attention knows he has and he's done everything asked of him to get back here. Some of the criticism being levied at his game is nonsense, if there was any truth to them, hed never have been the force he was prior to his suspension.

I agree he cant say those things about his teammates but he did realize his mistake and delete it and he was complimentary of JuJu in another post.