1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Bryant SI article

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SanDiegoSteel, Jan 13, 2017.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    How did this turn into a Ben bashing? Some of you act like Ben drank all your milk and left the empty jug in your fridge and then kicked your dog. Give it a rest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    my take on mytake
    didn't come across as ben bashing
    just hoping Ben will be the bigger man and veteran spokesman
    jmo

3. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    It's probably more like he used it for recreational purposes so much that his body was used to it and suffered a little anxiety when he stopped. He's obviously not dependent on it now if he's functioning at 100%.

4. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Absolutely not Ben bashing. My hope is Bryant matures as a person as Ben has.

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Does come across as a bit childish....he is the one who didn't act like a grown man and still isn't. What happened to the mention of his depression as the reason to smoke in the first place....guess they forgot about that claim....fingers crossed on him,he makes us so much more dangerous. I think instead of shunning his teammates he should lean on them.....

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Should he be in it for his own personal gain then so be it. Lots of players are like this league wide.

... Just ask Odell Beckham Jr.

7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    this was his problem at Clemson. he had more talent than Watkins did. coaches and students would get so frustrated with him. he is selfish. bottom line. that is the way he is. now, can he still be a great player and teammate? absolutely.
    he isn't gonna kiss the fans butt, as much as he needs to for his own sake. I mean to make it as easy for him as he can. I know a lot of people who were around him at Clemson. its just the way he is. very frustrating but damn, the kid can play football

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I tried to be open minded, so I read it again. He sounds the same the second time.

I had little faith in him contributing in the future. I have less now.

I am also very glad he is exiled from the team. In this case, he would be a bad influence. I'm not seeing that players are reaching out to him. At least not from this article.

Too bad he skipped 4th grade grammar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    new tattoo every 2 weeks - he's going to run out of skin

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Most players in their first couple years are in it for themselves and the money. They have to learn to succeed and respect the team name on their jersey. He'll need to say something to the team or there will be tension for the first couple games. Especially Ben if he lied to him. He doesn't have to say much. Just touch base with Ben and the team with a little conversation.

11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely not impressed with him. Not even close. I will be more shocked if he doesn't repeat than if he does. At least we still have DHB to strike fear in to the hearts of DC's the world over...Sigh.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope he gets it now, and doesn't turn out to be another Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You know what they say: hope in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up faster.

14. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I agreed with you initially, Thig, after reading this post. But after watching the video attached to the article on the SI site, he actually comes off as very contrite. Says at the end he will "show you how much the team means to him...Go Steelers".

Much different vibe from the written transcript.

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I know it's not politically correct. Lets cut our losses from him and go to the next page.

He has let down coaches, mgmt, players, fans. Lets keep who we got playing for us a the wr position.

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I did wonder if it was shaped a bit by the journalist. Like he wanted to talk drugs, but Bryant didn't... haven't watched the video though.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I try not to put too much stock into interviews I read, but this definitely didn't give me warm fuzzies about his road to recovery.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm looking forward to having g him back on the field, but hope he learns some humility and can be a team player.

He sounds like an arrogant ass who cares more about playing then winning championships. Really not a fan of the guy after reading that article.