1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis Bryant lottery

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, May 7, 2017.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Name the game which will be Martavis Bryant's last NFL game. Then cite the date and time of the NFL's press release stating Bryant has been excommunicated from the NFL ad infinitum.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    SB LIII

Steelers SB Champs.

Bryant SB MVP. Parties too hard, gets high, texts a picture of himself flipping the bird, with 15 doobies between his lips to Roger and is suspended for life + 15 years.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto, LIII

It will be his last game because he will be a FA and we will not be able to afford him.

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Super Bowl 62, Bryant retires from football with 5 rings

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Week 7 of the 2017 season, failed drug test for marijuana and suspended indefinitely by the league. Vanishes into the crowd only to be heard of in they could have been great segments

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In all honesty Blast I am rooting for the guy however nothing in his recent interviews says to me that he is over his usage or trying to be. His comments sound like he is pissed about people asking him about it and not someone in a recovery program. Most programs I know of involve several steps that include acknowledging you have no power, asking for forgiveness, making amends and so on. He doesn't sound like he is at any point in one of those programs. He said he used to quiet his mind and help him sleep so I don't think he is addicted to weed( conversations about weed addiction aside) he is addicted to the feeling that helps him sleep. Sooner or later he is going to go back to that to get that feeling again even though he wants to not do it, it happens because you want to be able to sleep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    changes his life ala chris carter and becomes a model citizen in pittsburgh, 3 rings later. :hehehe::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I like this scenario the best, but I think Thorn's is more realistic based on what I've been reading about the guy.

I'm saying Feb 4, 2018; Super Bowl 52. He has a 10 TD season, and finishes it up with a big TD in the biggest game - and then when the adrenaline of the season fades, and he's no longer around the support structure of the team, he relapses just before his big contract year.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. I just think he is on a mission to prove everyone wrong this year and if he's going to relapse, it will come after this season.

Just my gut feeling.

11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Just asking, but I'm not sure he was in any real recovery program. Is that required when the NFL suspends you?

I simply thought that the NFL suspends you, tells you what you can/can't do in terms of involvement with the team, tells you when you have to get tested, etc. Whether you decide to seek treatment, rehab, counseling is on you. If you stay out of trouble and your urine tests clean that's all the NFL cares about.
    But I could easily be wrong.

12. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'll go with Week 3 Preseason. First test since being reinstated after a chance encounter with Josh Gordon.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Back on March 12, 2016 there were a bunch of articles saying he was going into rehab. Now, that may have been his own choosing.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

It seems like bryant failed stage 3 of his intervention program:

Intervention Program

The intervention program is for players who have failed a drug test, have questionable behavior (arrests or psychological signs of substance abuse), or refer themselves. The intervention program has three stages.

Stage One
    The medical director evaluates a player and comes up with a treatment plan for him at which point the player receives treatment through a clinician or facility. The player agrees to release information about his progress to the medical director. He is also subject to substance abuse testing.
    A player can be in Stage One for up to 90 days. If stage one is completed successfully, the player is discharged. If not, he moves on to Stage Two. The "if not" usually includes failed tests or noncompliance in treatment.
    Violations during Stage One result in a fine.

Stage Two
    Stage Two lasts for 24 months or two full seasons and is similar to Stage One in terms of the treatment plan, testing, and violation. During this stage, however, consequences are more severe. In addition to a fine, players with infractions during Stage Two face a four-game suspension.
    Subsequent infractions result in a suspension of four to six games. These players also advance to Stage Three.
    Players who complete Stage Two are discharged from the program and start over at Stage One if they have another violation, just like first-time offenders.

Stage Three
    Stage Three, like the other two stages, involves complying with a treatment plan and submitting to unannounced drug tests. The consequences for violations during Stage Three are much more severe: The player faces a year-long ban from the NFL. If the first violation in Stage Three is for marijuana, the player receives a 10-game suspension instead of a year-long ban.
    Interestingly, the NFL commissioner is in charge of reinstating players after their one-year bans.

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think there's a greater chance of him winning a first grade spelling bee than of him staying off drugs and neither of them are very likely to happen. But that opinion is just "minds". LOL!

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I will just guess he gets an injury late in the year, then he gets caught smoking dope a couple weeks later and we dump him then.

17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    AFC Championship Game. Bryant catches the game-winning TD in overtime against the Pats. Bellichick instantly runs to the officials with a sample and claims it's Bryant's, citing a clause in the rulebook that nobody has noticed before. Refs enact a post-hoc lifetime ban on Bryant, discount the TD and award all future Superbowls to New England.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    to conclude: a sniper in the form of a disgruntled oakland fan takes out brady, hoodie and goodell for moving his team to vegas ad the refs pow-wow and change the call. james harrison then wins another SB and retires only to be made head of all drug testing for the league.(God knows he knows the process) martavis becomes the face of and poster child of drug free nfl and goes on to win 2 more sb's with the steelers.:smiley1::cool:

19. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Roger... the Raven fan... is busted for... Suspending AFCN wide receivers to help the Ravens keep up with their opponents offenses.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I tried shipping MB & mike mitchell for a higher 2nd round
    draft selection so we could get a much needed safety, hell I would have
    even thrown in Cockrell.