1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Marqise Lee

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SGSteeler, Jan 9, 2014.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I've been pimping him pretty hard the past few days, so I decided I'd just do a profile on him. I'm sure many of you are at least a little familiar with Lee, but if not, here are some reasons why I like him at our pick at 15. (I took some of my stats and a quotes from Peter Smith at withthefirstpick.com so I wouldn't give any misinformation).

While he isn't the size that I know everyone is calling for (6'0'', 195), he is an incredible leaper and has a bigger catch radius than his size indicates. The dude can fly, and is probably the most exciting WR in the class with the ball in his hands outside of Sammy Watkins. He has the ability to take it to the house on screens, slants, and deep balls alike. He runs pretty good routes and has good hands as well. Most of his drops come from trying to make a play with the ball before the catch is secured.

The part of his game that many would be surprised about (myself included) is his blocking ability. Peter Smith describes him as a competitive blocker who is more than happy to block for his teammates down field, and has shown the ability to put a guy on his butt. He sometimes attacks the wrong shoulder on his blocks and falls off, because he is trying so hard to dominate his opponent.

Anyways I just wanted everyone's input here. I know he isn't 6'5'', but I think his style of play would really fit in well in our offense. Him and AB could be a nightmare to defend. Any throw (no matter how short) could end up being a catch and run TD :cool:

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    In my eyes, Watkins is clearly the #1.

Then its a battle between Mike Evans and Marqise Lee for #2. And really, it all depends on what flavour you like. I think Lee is the safer choice, but I think Evans has the much higher ceiling. For what the Steelers needs are, I would go with Evans.