1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark my words...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Scott, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Scott

Scott New Member

Oct 15, 2015
    First...Hello everyone...

Happy New Year!!! I am a consistent reader...and a never poster.

I enjoy reading all the different views and seeing what others are thinking.

Back to my thought...Justin Gilbert is going to see the field this weekend. Earlier in the season, the Steelers used him to cover a tight end through out the contest and did a very good job.

I think, from Tomlin's previous comments "Justin is in the future plans", that Gilbert is an ace in the hole so to speak. The Defense will need to handle Kelce, he could be the answer.

The defense has a big challenge this weekend. Kelce and Hill are going to be tough. Keep them in relative check and the Steelers will be onto the AFC Championship Game.

GO STEELERS!!!

Kulgan

• Like Like x 1
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He played in the first KC game, didn't he?

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome to the board :drinks:

Heres a link that expends upon your thoughts:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_c68e88dd-1db0-531a-9e6c-38c6e65ae4ad.html

He only played 8 snaps though, maybe he'll see more action this game. He actually hasn't played a single defensive snap since the Miami game where he had 3. In fact, the only two games he saw any snaps was KC and Miami. All the rest have been on ST.

I'm not sure how much he'll play now in a playoff game but I do hope he or Ayers are returning kicks.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh, where are my manners? Hello and welcome to the board, Scott. :hi:

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think he did pretty well on Kelce in his limited snaps that day, but that was before the other young guys started to come around. I'm not sure how much - if at all - we go man on Sunday.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If he returns kicks I'm cool with that