1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Madden tweeted Bell facing suspension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Jun 15, 2016.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Says strong rumor Bell missed a drug test, however Bell denies the story.

I hope there is nothing to the rumor, but usually where there is smoke there is fire. How could a rumor like that get started with not one iota of truth in it?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...he-missed-drug-test-and-is-facing-suspension/

If it does turn out to be true, I would be so pissed off this happened again I would be ready to say goodbye when his contract is up. You have to love the game, your livelihood more than weed. So stupid if true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sign Steven Jackson!

Seriously though until it's either confirmed or denied by the Steelers I'm not going to make a fool of myself by spouting off about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm with you Glenn. I have strong feelings on this, but am going to keep my mouth shut until we know the truth. Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Where there's smoke, there's fire (no pun intended)? Hope not...

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's hard for me to take anything Madden says seriously. I'd be surprised if it's true considering the source.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope it is nothing more than a rumor. Until it is validated one way or the other I will reserve my judgment. If it is true I have some serious thoughts but no sense putting those out there until it is confirmed either as BS or true.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not saying this "Mark Madden" is correct, but Le'Veon has been in trouble regarding the NFL's substance abuse policy before.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He has?

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Beat me to it. Madden = :poopy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    What did we think was going to happen when he spent time with Snoop Dogg?

• Like Like x 1
  11. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    The news comes from Madden, enough said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Until the League confirms that he missed a test I will ignore this as just another rumor, if he did miss the test then he is piece of crap liar as far as i'm concerned, and a terrible selfish team mate....

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bell: "I can't keep talking about the drug test..".

This makes me go hmmm..

Apparently there was a drug test. And if all is ok, why can't you talk about it? He said can't. Not won't. Not I don't want to. Can't. Hmm..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Maybe he means can't as in I'm not wasting the energy on the topic. He's gone on record as not having missed a drug test.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Also from what I understand Bell had a drug test in April. Would they seriously test 2 mos later? How often do they typically test?

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Bryant failed six drug tests and thats why he got a year off, if bell missed a single test that could result in only a fine since the league relaxed the punishment rules for pot in 2014...

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed, that is certainly a more likely option. And there is no doubt I may be reading between the lines, But this doesn't sound like "I'm not wasting the energy.."

"I probably already said too much about it so I really can't keep talking about it."

Your theory makes sense. Mine makes for a better conspiracy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    The only thing that has me concerned is these kinds of rumors have come out before for other players.. Typically something leaks out while the player is in the appeal process. It is always instantly denied, and then a couple weeks later a suspension is announced once the appeal fails. It's all pure speculation at this point. An odd rumor to just pop up out of the clear blue though. I have to imagine Bell is in the league's substance abuse program, since he was arrested for weed in the past, and subject to additional random testing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bell got contact high from Snoop Dogg

20. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    mark madden:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    This...:this!:

He did have the DUI incident when he was with Blount(Ironic name, no?), and weed was found in the car.

I`m hoping it`s pure BS.

Time will tell.

On a related note, and not to hijack the thread, but what`s all this about them harrassing Harrison with multiple PED tests?

I haven`t been on the board much lately, but didn`t see a thread about it...May be one a few pages back, I`ll look again after this.

I guess James recorded one, got in trouble, tried to record a second one, and was told not to...

Went to the NFLPA, and is in the middle of yet another dispute with the league...

Good for James for sticking up for his rights, but it sounds like the league is out to get him, yet again...

Sure he has superhuman workouts, so, it opens him up to speculation, but it is just as possible, that he has his body thru genetics, and unbelievable effort...

It sounds like the "random" tests are coming too frequently to be "random"..

I dunno, I just stumbled across it this morning while looking at other Steeler "stories"...

I`m sure it`s been discussed here already, when I find that thread, I will comment in it.

GO STEELERS... Bell... I really hope you`re telling the truth!!!:thumbs_up:

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The league isn't out to get Harrison, his name came up in that Peyton Manning HGH story of course he's going to get tested for PEDs.

24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I love PEDs, oh wait, that's PEZ...nevermind!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    If this were to be true I feel like its if Le'veon Bell personally took our would be 7th Lombardi and melted it down to make rims for his car.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1