1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Barron

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Da Stellars, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This guy looks like RyanClark V.2

What would you think if he was our first round pick?

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was hoping our successor to Ryan Clark would be a little faster than Ryan Clark.

3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    It'd be hard to pass on him. People think CB is a need for us but I think Safety is a bigger need. I wouldn't be opposed to moving Gay to safety if we don't draft a safety. He's a solid tackler, knows the defense and is more athletic than Clark.

I'd still think we would need to draft an Ol in the 1st. Its a serious need. Usually BPA overrides needs but not always and in this case we really need to go OL then ILB.

Cajun-

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I like Barron, but I don't see it as pressing a need. An o-lineman would probably start day one. An inside backer or a nose tackle would start depending on whether injuries heal and who's let go for cap room. A safety would be at best a second stringer at the beginning of the season.

If we're going to take a safety in the first round, I don't want him to be Ryan Clark V.2. I want him to be Troy V.2.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree safety is a need, but not a pressing need, like you said. I wouldn't take a safety in the first unless he was some kind of freak like Troy.

Any safety we do take, even if he's good, might not start for 3 years. Clark and Troy are aging, but they aren't necessarily old yet. An intelligent, good good tackler like Clark could play well into his 30s.

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Gay isn't strong enough to play safety, IMO. He can't tackle the more physical RB's and WR's, they'll run his ass right over, ala Adrien Peterson.

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This!

I wouldnt mind a 4-5th rounder or something but yeah thats about it.

8. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    What's the deal with this Rolle guy we just signed out of Florida St.? I obviously remember the name from the whole Rhodes Scolar coverage, but I don't know any specifics on his size, ability, etc. The fact that he didn't make a roster this year tells me he must not be great, but obviously there are diamonds in the rough out there. Is this guy someone that anyone could eventually see being a Safety? Or at least help us to the point that we don't need to use a pick in rounds 1-4 on a Safety?

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'd still love to get markelle martin in the 2nd. he's got size and speed. he also has some of that free wheeling style that troy plays with and will come up and knock the snot out of people. i think he's a mix of the two we have. the kid from boise st. looks like he may be a good one too. :cool:

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Can't we draft him just so I can have a Steelers jersey with the name Barron on the back?

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    use barron batches first name. :think: :shrug: :cool: