1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Barron WILL be fined

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Sep 27, 2015.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The fine is what it is, I'd be happier seeing the Refs getting something more than a bad report card that potentially disqualifies them from post season work myself. I'd also like to see a live war room in NY where they have league officials and refs ready to make calls to every game if they feel something isn't being caught and addressed like this noncall.

2. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    For those saying a penalty or fine makes no difference, I don't think fans are seeking consolation. We're seeking affirmation that the rules in this league are applied equally.

This is the third time that Ben has taken an illegal hit, resulting in injury, that never drew a flag.

There was the final game in 2008 vs Browns in which Ben took a shot to the head: the defender leaped and literally tackled Ben around the head and drove him backwards into the ground. CONCUSSION.

There was the Ravens game in 2011 in which Ngata hit him in the face. BROKEN NOSE.

And now today: an illegal shot to the knee (intent is not part of the rule). KNEE INJURY.

No flags. NO FLAGS.

Again: the issue isn't revenge or consolation. It's being sick and damn tired of there being an open season on Roethlisberger without ANY regard for the rules of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    EXACTLY
    even in the Ravens game (2010?) where there was a "fumble" by Ben and nobody went for the ball thinking it was a forward pass; Suggs smacked his head a couple of times
    NO FLAG.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Welcome Hersh (although I prefer Nestles) - this is a great MB - best ever for Steeler fans - but you'll find out very soon that you need to use expletives herein on this MB every time you use the "V" word - otherwise you might face undesired consequences. Have fun. ;)

5. Hersh

Hersh New Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Gotcha, txs.

6. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I believe I just saw a highlight in which Flacco took a little love tap to the head and drew 15 yards.

:facepalm:

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't understand why they just can't make the rules be totally black and white. It's just dumb.

8. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Do you guys know who Barron's DC is? Did you all know he was also the guy took out Carson palmers knee last year in a similar move and it ended his season .... Just saying

Cajun

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    In fairness, Barron barely touched Palmer. And that was after Palmer was already going down. He didn't hit Palmer's leg at all. Palmer just planted awkwardly, and his knee went out.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Aye, Palmer basically killed his knee all by himself. IIRC, Barron basically grabbed his shoulder and Palmer went down clutching his knee.

11. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I bet the tune would change if this happened in a game with New England or Baltimore. Illegal hit resulting in an injury.....that the rules were meant to prevent.....he should be fined. Just because we are indifferent with St. Louis doesn't mean we should just accept it and let the NFL sweep it under the rug.

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    To be honest, this is the first time I am actually asking myself if it was a penalty or not. I was so distraught when Ben went down, that all I could think of was that it was his ACL, he was done, we would be going with Vick the rest of the way, etc..just a million things going through my mind and not one of them was whether or not Barron hit Ben on purpose or if it should have been penalty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Agreed.

The double standards are very apparent and not every QB is afforded the same protection. Or maybe Ben isn't just old enough yet, I don't know, I'd have to run that by Ed Hochuli first.

I'm 100% certain that if Marsha Brady took that hit there would have been a flag thrown, and likely a fine for Barron.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Vick will be OK if he doesnt resort to his bad habits, dangling the ball out in space causes his fumbling problems just like the fumble he had yesterday, hold the ball close and tight when moving in the pocket can solve that problem; if a lane opens up and he runs keep the ball in tight: He will have some passing plays so dont just throw the ball up for grabs, the rats are desperate for a win, but we are the better talented team, plus after this game we get Bryant back with 10 days for Vick to get some timing work in with him and the other receivers, if vick just manages this game without any turn overs, we should win it, but if vick starts free lancing bad things will happen....

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    FWIW, Ed Werder says that his NFL source tells him today that a fine isn't expected.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they would have hauled him out in chains and had an execution if it was against brady.

as for the fine, yep chief that's what i read too. no fine expected. :cool:

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I watched the replay again today and am baffled that there isn't a fine.I don't believe it was intentional at all but the way he crawled into that lower part of the leg, there should be a fine and possible suspension.

If it were Marsha, there would be a huge price to pay.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    That's really no surprise, is it?:shrug:

19. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    In a way I'm glad, because that was simply a football move, much like Harrisons "issues". But, damn, can't Ben catch a break? No flag, which is where it should have started and ended, but now no fine?

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't think it was a dirty hit, but I do think it was an illegal hit per the rules and the way the rules are being administered in most cases.

21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Un-freakin-believable. So now intent matters? I thought the rules were the rules. This's league is losing my interest quickly. What a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Pernell McPhee received a fine last week for a hit to Palmer's knees.

23. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

I guess I was wrong....... hoping for fairness but got biasness....

Cajun

24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Let's hope the league does the right thing

25. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013