1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Manti Te'o bizarre story

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by tarheelsteel, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Why did someone like Teo need an internet girlfriend anyway?

2. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Why would Joe Steelers fan still have the Brent Muskberger kool aid on his lips thinking the Steelers should even look at this guy? I dont see it.

1. One big ole media hype all year.

2. Dont think he is better than Larry Foote

3. Freak had a pretend girlfriend- that sounds like a pretty stable dude huh?

4. Did i say media circus- again, will be like a Tebow for defense- getting attention riding the pine and playin punt team

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The red flag is flying high on this kid. At best it shows almost unfathomable naivety if he was duped, and wasn't in on it. That's the best case. I already had him as a bottom of R1 talent (even before the BCS title game). I'm not sure if he's even going to go in R1 now.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I wouldn't take him even in the 2nd round. What a very strange story. The girl who's picture is all over the place as his imaginary GF should get a lawyer imediately and maybe even a court order to keep that looney far far away.

5. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The place where the funeral was suppose to take place doesn't exist,( somewhere in California) this is where I think he found out that it was a hoax, and maybe he kept it going to turn it around on the person who started it? ( that's what I would've done) Punk the Punker

I hope SNL makes a skit out of this on saturday.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

He kept it going even after he supposedly went to ND and claimed to be a victim. According to Teo and ND they found out it was made up on 12/6, but at the Heisman Awards Ceremony he was still talking about her, her death etc. Of course it didn't end there he continued doing so well after that. This nutjob is in full cover his ass mode for being busted as a fraud and pathological liar.

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    ND said they found out 12/26

HACK

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I doubt it, Teo knew about it long before then.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That just says when Te'o learned about it.

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It hadn't occurred to me that all this may have sprung to hide the fact that he's gay. If he is, he should just come out with it already. It'll hurt his draft stock less and be good for the sport and country.

11. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    if teo is gay he's a lock for the vikings

12. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't get it??

13. turkeysniper

Sep 11, 2012
    kluwe (minnesota punte) is openly advocating gay rights. says he would be fine with a gay teammate.

14. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011

As well as one should. Hell, we all have interacted with someone gay and even work with some on a daily basis. Out of 53 on the Steelers active roster I bet there is more than one Steelers player who is- same with other teams.

15. noitall0605

Dec 1, 2011
    Still dont think that little ND weirdo (not cause gay but because of this story) could make the Steelers any better.

16. turkeysniper

Sep 11, 2012

society at large aside, the nfl is a little different. i had a gay teammate in college and it WAS wierd. he was a defensive end, his boyfriend was on the soccer team. do you want the locker next to him while his junk is out? do you want to shower while he's in there? and the biggie at a small college. do you want to share a hotel room with him? (2 beds, 4 to a room).
    most guys in the nfl aren't quite ready for that.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  17. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    WOW JUST WOW
    you mean to tell me you wouldn't shower or change clothes until your roommate left? weird.

there is a higher percentage of gays in the NFL than is thought,because most players keep it on the "DL", plus it really is NOONE'S BUSINESS.

scared to shower because your roommate has a boyfriend,LOL puhlease

ANYHOO, the Teo thing will be ironed out by drafttime and the FO will decide for ourteam

congrats NOITALL on having the balls to share your views :thumbs_up:

most people would say Teo would fit in san francisco FABULOUSLY!!! 2 SNAPS.

18. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    why do you think that? do you know something everyone else doesnt? I dont think there is a high percentage of gay players. I personally have never been around any. I have meet some gay people but to say i know any, I cant. I would be stunned if more than 10 nfl players were gay. I may be naive, but i just dont think the sport is a sport a gay man would want to play. I mean the one we know of is a punter

19. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    dude the punter isn't gay he is an advocate for same sex marriage

it's not a high percentage i said higher than what you think

you say 10 i say more like 100+

20. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought i read an article and seen him on outside the lines that he was gay. I guess i misunderstood. not to up on those issues. sorry

21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  22. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    no need to apologize, that's your prerogative (BOBBY BROWN)

Kluwe called out a Maryland politician who was upset about the Ravens having a player Ayanbadjo that openly supported gay marriage.
    Kluwe just supported another player in the nfl for using the 1st amendment by using the 1st amendment by calling the politician a "cockmonster"

Ayanbadejo claims there is roughly 3% gay men playing in the nfl today

23. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
  24. turkeysniper

Sep 11, 2012
    wasn't 100% a comment on me, i was on the other side of the ball and not around him much. the situation was weird, that much is simply a fact of what was. locker rooms are more intimate than offices remember. think locker room talk about girls. most guys don't want to think about the guy next to them thinking about them like that. and in my teams situation, do you want to be the freshman that shares the bed with him?

25. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

" i was on the other side of the ball" is that code? ;)

don't flatter yourself, gay men or women don't just fantasize about everyone same sex.

on a side note about the pictures Te'o obviously never met his "beard" he thinks she is as big as Hampton when he hugs her.