1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

man-to-man coverage

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Jan 23, 2017.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    why are we so reluctant to go man-to-man coverage on regualr basis. Do we lack the talent? I think Pats are always man-to-man and always appear to be in man-to-man coverage. Brown has not had a great game against them because of this.

2. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Brown has had some solid games against them. They double team him with Butler on him and covering in front of him and a safety helping in back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    when we went with a te and fullback last night there we a couple of times brown had bulter all over him with a safety over top plus a linebacker shading him.

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    as for why we don't, I have no idea now. I have defended butler and the 3-4 for years but no longer. I would have rather lost by 50 and at least play man than to let them run completely free all night.

gay sucks. but I have seen enough of burns to know that he can cover man to man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    has there ever been a receiver that burns double coverage consistently?

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Our defensive philosophy is predicated on "not giving up the big play" and I just don't think they trust our young guys to go out there and play man. People were all calling in like crazy about it on Cooler Talk last night. That and the lack of qb sneaks was pretty much the dominant thread while I was listening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    just re watched the 2011 highlights. Saw a lot of man with bumping the first 5 yards. Rushed 4 and olb did stunt blitzs in the middle. Brady didnt really have an answer.

yesterday...i dont want to talk about it.