1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Man this Ray Lewis love is killing me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Oct 24, 2011.

1. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    These ESPN guys are really some tools

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I know the hatred for the Ravens runs deep among the Steelers faithful but come on. The guy is 36 years old and is playing some of the best football of his life. He has had an impressive career and is definitely a HOFer.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    OK ...................I am speechless

4. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    As much as I hate the Ravens...I mean hate them. I have a lot of respect for Ray Lewis on the field, the guy shows up everyday, every game for 16 years. He is a lights out player and not many can do what he is doing at his age.

Ok that is enough Raven's love for the year...Lets go Jags!!

:herewego:

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The guy's a thug, not to mention a felon. The only "love" he should be getting should be from a fellow inmate named Pinky in cell block B. :bscow: :blink:

6. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Why? No one is allowed to show some respect for other teams/players?

7. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the love that Lewis is getting is because of his on-field performance. Facts are facts... the dude is a beast and will go down as one of the best LBs (if not defensive players) the game has ever seen.

8. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In my opinion you're wrong. The off the field stuff matters, especially in this day and age.

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah Scott, he's awesome. Just be careful going out to the club with him. You might find yourself stabbed 11 times and laying in the gutter in a pool of your own blood but nobody saw anything. The guy shouldn't even be on a football field. I have zero respect for him.

10. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not wrong, they were showing him love because of his on-field performance.

Regardless, just because someone screws up off the field, you can't recognize their on-field talent?

11. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Having respect for someone and recognizing their talent are 2 completely different things.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh OK dude. I choose not to put the guy on a pedestal regardless of how talented.

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I am longing for the day that this guy announces that he is retiring from the NFL. He has been a thorn in the Steelers' sides for much too long now. I'd even chip in a little for a nice retirement gift. Anybody with me??? :D

14. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    While I, too, cannot wait until he retires, he has been the least of our worries over the last few meetings. Suggs, Ngta, and to some extent, Reed have been a bigger pain than Ray Lewis lately.

15. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ray Lewis is a quality player even at 36 years old. I hate the ravens, but they have some real-deal players, and he's one of them. Off-field stuff carries no weight with me; if it did, my favorite team would be the Green Bay St. Paul Lutherans, with Pastor Roy as my favorite player.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I was thinking exactly that, too. Suggs is much more of a threat to us than RayRay at this point.

17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm going to disagree.

I have no problem with the love he gets for his play on the field (even if he gets a little TOO much credit over his whole career. He's still a HOF LBer. Not best of all-time. No way. But HOF nonetheless)

What I do have a problem with is ESPN especially, NFL Network to a somewhat lesser extent, and other media presenting him as some uber spiritual, elder statesman of the league. Give. Me. A. Break! :bs: :bscow: He's a thug. He has always been a thug. "Oh, I told my team about my dying Aunt and the wonderful life lessons she taught me, and then they took that and beat Pittsburgh." Excuse me while I put my hip waders on... :bscow:

Telling Joey Porter he was praying for him, and then ESPN reports the incident as if Joey was the bad guy and poor Ray Ray was only trying to make peace. (Truth: they were both in the wrong)

I just hope that when his career is over, he just goes away. Please don't give that guy a TV job. :beg:

18. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Totally agree with that. He's a good player, but I don't like to listen to his preaching.

19. steelranger

steelranger Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He is w/o a doubt an impact player on the field and one of the best in the league, but the "love" goes way too far........many more contributors on that team (as well as all teams). That is the fantasy reality of today's sports reporting and commentating, it's all about stars/individuals, not teams. Since the only stats I care about are Ws vs. Ls and championships it's all just a waste of air to me.....

I am more bothered about the commentators constantly giving their defenders a pass on the very same type of plays they crucify a Steeler for. If a Raisin it's good, hard defense. If a Steeler they led with helmet and their head-hunting, crying for a flag & fine.

20. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :this: Look at Rothlisberger.......opps did I say that?

21. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ray Lewis is a pain in the "Ray Lewis". When they play the Steelers I hope some one knocks him on his "Ray Lewis", then wipes their "Ray Lewis" with his doo-rag. All of those clowns on ESPN can kiss my "Ray Lewis" :herewego!:

22. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    So, you are inserting "Ray Lewis" into your post in place of something else, right? Hmmm... I wonder what he is trying to say about Ray Lewis? :hmmm:

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Spot on, Suggs KILLS us, effen beast. Ray was a great LB, now he's more important to them as a locker room leader then his on field attributes. When we play the Ravens I'm not thinking about RayRay, it's Suggs, wish I could make him go away :wizard:

24. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This is exactly what I was thinking, as a Steelers fan I will in no way bring up the "off the field issues". I know Ben was not convicted of anything or put on trial but he has put himself in plenty of bone head situations. Hines Ward is another that comes to mind as well. I'm not nominating Lewis for the Nobel peace prize or anything but you have to give credit will credit is due, he is a big part of what they do on the field.

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

:this: This +1 for SteelerD. Thanks man you made my day ;)