1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Makes me sick.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I agree. It’s ridiculous.

But unless he gets busted up or totally blows this year I’ll bet there’s a team stupid enough to do it.

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Barkley already got a fully guranteex contract as a UNPROVEN rookie and got more money than bell wa suffered by Pitt. Idk if Barkley is your 30 Carry a game guy so I dont think he will get that type of payday in the future. I like kareem hunt but I'd like to see him do that again and continue to produce. Kamara is a beast but I'd like to see him do it again as well. I dont think fournette will hold up. I think of course the cap will go up and I see a lot of changes coming in the next CBA.

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    A little trivia, Bells 14.5 M dollar tag this year is more than a million dollars higher than the steelers entire payroll in 1990, my how things have changed:

Twenty-four years ago, the Steelers had the lowest team salary in the NFL at $13.1 million, according to the Baltimore Sun. Pittsburgh was one of five teams with a team payroll under $16 million that year. The other teams were the Saints ($14.1 million), Chargers ($15.0 million), Cardinals ($15.4 million) and Cowboys ($15.8 million).

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Again, the point is that none of know what was guaranteed of the that for the first three. Heard rumors but unless you are privy to the actual negotiations we don't know. I was thinking that it was more than the ten million but not enough obviously.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers have offered Lev Bell a very fair contract. He has turned them down. It is time
    to move on from Le'vean and we will. Again I want to remind all as much as I like James Conner
    he is not as good as Le'vean Bell. He is a good football player and along with Ridley should provide the Steelers
    with a good back field combination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Nice to see Franklin getting carries. I think the kid could find a place here eventually. Hard to teach size and speed. I think he can be a gem in the future. Right now he needs to play solid, learn and keep improving. :cool:

7. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Le'Veon Bell is a fool and Bakari just allowed him to prove it. I applaud the Rooney family and that's a rare thing for me the past few years. Training camp has Steelers in it- Snoop Dog has a stoned house guest.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bell is more into his rap career. Rather live the rapper's lavish lifestyle of money, women, weed, flashy cars than put his heart into football.

9. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Follow the Dez Bryant story and it may resonate with a reality check. Your entire comment is flooded with 'could & might'. Le'Veon is under the tag & belongs at training camp 2018. Period.

10. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dez had opportunities which I believe he declined. From what I understand he wanted to play under a one year deal to prove his worth.

Look at the contracts with guaranteed money being handed out to players. Bell will more than likely get more guaranteed money as a FA than the Steelers offered him. That's the reality check.

Bell does not have a signed contract. So that means he isn't under contract. He's not required to be anywhere at this point under the CBA. He can also hold out a number of weeks to get credit for the entire season. Reporting to camp under the franchise tag is a bad business decision for players with millions of dollars on the line.

11. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Steeler fans understand that offensive guards, tackles, centers & full backs are in training camp working their tails off and getting football ready ..... they are the ones looking around for the stoned 'shirker' Bell. Reality is ...the players up front know Le'Veon is Only what they have sweat & bled to provide him snap to snap- a running lane. Pointing out that paperwork or lack of it might excuse the 'shirker' is shallow. Integrity is still important.... Bell has none.

12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    SOME Steelers fans don't understand that it's a business for players. I think many of us, the players you mentioned, and the ownership understands that it's a business. A really big business. Players put their bodies and ultimately their health on the line. Don't forget what happened to Shazier. Nobody will care about the players when they out live their use fullness to the team.

Where is the idea of "integrity" when teams cut players before their contracts expire?

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

The Jets for me simply make too much sense. Here is as to why I believe so:

1.) New York will likely be desperate enough to throw an unthinkably, colossal amount of money guaranteed towards him. They will have an immense cap heading into 2019.

2.) Bell does not have to travel too far. What is a couple hours away to a couple days? Less travel time and less hassle for him.

3.) Big market city x massive media coverage + unthinkably colossal levels of self importance (i.e. his brand) = more noterity for him. Add the likes of Odell and the entertainment aspects within the sports world in the Big Apple could get quite interesting.

4.) He can still "produce" as New York will need someone to assist with Sam Darnold. Doubtful he is as productive though.

Most important of all;

5.) Vengeance. Pittsburgh is slated to do battle against New York in 2019 at MetLife Stadium. Nevermind the media coverage and subplots. Le'Veon would have a field day generating immense levels of anticipation for a forthcoming showdown in his attempt to confirm the following;

1.) He was worth the money in the end and would love to drive that point home.

And Most Importantly

2.) Wants to make an "example" of his former team by "demolishing" them in front of what is likely going to be a big viewing audience; further placating within Bell's own self importance.

In the end though, while San Francisco is also on the schedule next season, New York will do ANYTHING to get back to relavency as Brady's clock approaches "midnight". In an attempt to leap frog their division rivals, they will likely be willing to throw any amount of money to someone who can rapidly assist Sam Darnold's development heading into year two. What better way to do that than a Running Back; one as talented as Bell no less?

Again, I am not counting out San Francisco because there is no telling honestly if Jerick McKinnon can work out. That being said, way too many signs point to New York for Le'Veon.

14. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Family and business mutually exclusive?