1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Makes me sick.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Jul 18, 2018.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Steelers will be fine without Bell. Life goes on. We've lost better, more reliable players in the past and eventually recovered... Woodson, Faneca, Lake, Greene, Lloyd, etc. It's not the end of the damn world.

2. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Samuels needs to grow his hair long and kick some arse. make us all forget that Bell is waiting at home.

3. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    If he can put pressure on Bortles or Marcia then Give it To Him!

4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Well Zeke nor Gurley are up for a contract but I guarantee you they will be paid more than those freeman. Leveon from a dual threat standpoint has been far better than freeman. His peers even think so as they've voted him the best rb in the nfl the last 2 years and a top 5 player. His numbers combined from yards, ypc, catches, and receiving yards are unmatched.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    As in he isnt a normal guy trying to sell him self in a normal job. He has qualities and talents that are god given that one cannot simply pickup and learn and perform at the level he does

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You are correct.

I liked my version as well.

7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I just hope Bell has one last good year for us. I cannot believe he turned down that contract.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    And Lev got paid for those yards. Now he wants money for the yards he may or may not get as he is in decline. Sorry it doesn't work that way in that position. Those guys take a beating and the shelf life doesn't keep you at that level long.:cool:

9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lewis Hamilton just signed a £40m per year deal in F1. The market is what it is.

10. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    You can have two Bells in the backfield and it wouldn't matter with our defense that is more a hole in a bucket than anything else. And if Tomlin is truly the one running the defense as I have read on some of these Steelers sites, Tomlin needs to cut that stuff out and leave the job to his assistants.

11. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Pittsburgh may not be the absolute "blue color" city we once were. Our main industries are now in Tech, Healthcare, and Banking etc..

BUT Pittsburghers are working-class at heart

So Le'Veon Bell isn't gonna get a lot of sympathy when he tells the Steel City that $70 million is "not enough"...

Piss off, Le'Veon! Go play somewhere else!!

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Huh? That's how EVERYONE GETS PAID. The nfl is not a you sign a new contract every year thing. You get a contract based of previous performance and your future projections.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Exactly. His future projections are declining and he wants paid the most. He's not the best anymore. :cool:

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Conner can't stay healthy, he also isn't as good in pass protection.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Idk how first team all pro is declining but ok

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    You can call him King of the world but near a full yard per carry less than the previous year is a decline. If you are not leading, you are following. If you want the most money you should be the best. This is a results driven game. I tire of this banter with you, he's got this year and we will replace him. Win the team something Mr. All pro.:cool:

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Bell has only made it through one full season. Reports are Conner has made huge strides in pass protection.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    To add to that Conner had reports of not being in shape and by all reports is in much better shape . I think Conner hits the hole better than Bell.Peeps who understand how Defenses react should realize this has greater value to the PA pass . The point being a quicker to the hole guy can negate the blitz pick up guy it's on the OC to change the tone and play calling to match that with the use of more PA passes.

Conner very well could make the PA game much better

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hopefully we get back to some PA. In recent years, it just about disappeared.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ab hasn't won the team anything either. Nether has none of those oline man or anyone on the team not named ben. Nether has cam Heyward who just got paid and he was the biggest disappearing act in the playoffs.. and averaging one year per carry less is much expected when you the next year carry the ball over 100 times more. That was a larger sample size...

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    100 times more for the same yardage. Caught more passes too but for a yard less per catch. Both declines.

Neither AB nor cam ask for 7 or8 mil. More per season than the next guy at their position and have remained at the top of their position. Heck AB made 5 less catches and many more yards than the previous year. Not Bell, more carries and the same yardage. Spin it how you want but this is it for Mr.me. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    It sure isn't the end of the world:

SI:

Employing big-time running backs doesn’t equate to winning Super Bowls.Among the past eight Super Bowl winners, one—Seattle, Super Bowl 48, Marshawn Lynch—has had a first-round, big-star running back on the team. In the past three Super Bowls, the winning team’s primary backs (C.J. Anderson, Dion Lewis/James White, LeGarrette Blount/Jay Ajayi) entered the NFL as, in order, an undrafted free agent, a fifth-round pick, fourth-round pick, undrafted, a fifth-round pick.

• The running back market doesn’t support the $14.5 million cap number. The next-highest running-back cap hit, per Spotrac, is LeSean McCoy at $8.95 million.

No one disputes the greatness of Bell. But at this place, at this time, the Steelers need impact defensive players more than they need a long-term commitment to a great back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I expect a big jump from Conner in year 2. Getting that first year under your belt makes a big difference.

He's in killer shape and as you pointed out, improved at pass protection.

24. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I think he is going to show flashes, before getting hurt again. He's gonna try to take on a LB and get smashed.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Let's see what happens first, before we flush Conner down the toilet. Bell didn't really light it up his rookie year in 2013, IIRC. He was hurt and out for a few weeks during that season.