1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

MAKES ME SICK

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelMojo, Dec 20, 2011.

1. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    ALL THE SO CALLED FANS SAYING WE ARE NO GOOD ONE AND DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS ALL THE OTHER BULL**** I SEE IN POST AFTER POST LOOK HOW MANY INJURIES WE HAVE AND THE BAD CALLS BY THE REFS NO TEAM CAN PLAY EVERY FREAKING GAME PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL BE FINE HOW ALL YOU SO CALLED FAN FORGET HOW WE WON THE BOWL FROM THE WILD CARD SPOT!!!!! SO SOME DAMN LOYALTY :yeehaw: :towel:

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't believe we're one and done. After all, we'll likely play Denver. :D

But, come to reality. No team plays perfect every game, true. But when have you seen us play even close to "Great" (forget perfect) yet this year?

We have the talent. We have the experience. But we're not putting it together. Seeing as I'm in my typically foul mood following a loss, I'll not go into the plethora of reasons why. But one thing is for sure: there is no passion on this team. They've been phoning it in all year.

This is not the Steelers I know.

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Thank you for this thread - because I completely agree. The goals for every team at the beginning of the season - in order of importance are 1. Make the playoffs. 2. Win division. 3. A home playoff game. 4. Secure #1 seed. After that, the rest is gravy.

Yes - it is disappointing that the Steelers probably will only meet the first goal, but they are going to the post-season. That's something that 20 other teams cannot say. The Steelers should be relatively healthy come January, and if I were a potential opponent, I wouldn't want to play them.

There's no reason to panic at this point. And - there's no reason to assume that the season is over because of a loss. This is still the same team that dominated New England - a better guage of the potential than anything else. Once the playoffs start, anything can happen, and the team that gets hot usually experiences success. Personally, I enjoy the journey and whether they are one-and-done or become road warriors throughout January, I'll bleed black-and-gold until the final whistle.

GO STEELERS!

4. mongoose

mongoose Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I really don't see us winning the division.....to many teams have to do us favors for that to happen, but it is not impossible for a few other shocking upsets. The thing that really puzzles me is how can a team play so well against NE with a stellar game plan and then play like they have on some of the other games they barely squeaked by with later in the season. They had 10 (ten) days to prepare for this team.....it makes me wonder what they did with those 10 days. They could have probably played as well as they did last night with one day practice.

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Our QB had only one day practice and our QB turned the ball over 4 times. I was in the camp that figured a hobbled Ben gave us the best shot to win last night. I was wrong :(

6. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree!!! with everything that was on the line last night, and the way the play calling went, i believe alot of these post are out of anger! I am still ticked that we lost, but it is what it is! Cant make everyone happy, and who knows, this may light a fire under there a**es!. I thought defense played great and gave every opporotunity for us to win untill the end, but when the offense cant stay on the field long enough to give em a breather, they get worn down by the end of the game! Everyone seems to be forgetting WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS no matter what happens!! Once the playoffs start everyone should be haelthy and strong and we will be a force!! Things happen and we had a bad game all around. Lets just all take a breath and look forward to playing in january!!!!!

7. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Agreed, and it goes beyond this year rarely. We haven't really played close to great the years we actually make it all the way. It's often a matter of fourth quarter heroics and a little bit of luck. We have amazing talent, but we keep putting ourselves in jeopardy even when we have a decent lead most of the way in. It just seems to be the nature of the beast these days.

8. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I agree on all points. I think the shocking upsets were all used up last week, and I think we're in for the wildcard (and hey, that's ok with me because earlier this season I didn't even think we'd get that far). And I think you nailed it here, it's the inconsistency that's so infuriating for a lot of fans. I love the Steelers, and will always be a die hard fan, but the team makes it really hard to be excited about them when the seem to finally figure out a plan then totally blow it the next week. We never really get a string of solid wins these days, and it's hard for a fan of any team to go into every.single.game. totally uncertain about which team will show up that day.

And keeping Ben in last night? Stupid. I was one who didn't think they should've played him to start with, and the results might have been similar with Dixon and Batch, but seeing Ben struggle deals a big blow to the heart of the team, in my opinion, and that's what we shouldn't have risked. No one would've been surprised if last night had happened under a backup, but it's hard to play when you take such an emotional beating as well.

9. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Yes - in hindsight - it probably would have been better to start Batch. At least he should have gone in after the 2nd interception. The risk/rewards were not lining up.

That said - the sky is STILL not falling. The Steelers are STILL in the playoffs. They have gone this route before and they still have 2 warm-up weeks in order to peak at the right time. No one needs to be fired/benched/cut/killed. They will win or lose with what they've got and then go from there.

10. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    That's pretty much the size of it right now. The world didn't come to an end when KC beat the pack and I'm sure we'll survive too :thumbs_up:

11. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hindsight is always twenty-twenty. "I started this thing and I'm going to finish it." Those are the words Ben used when Tomlin asked him if he wanted to come out. Not going to leave the guys down. Well he did because he is playing on one leg and a O line that has left him down all year. Ben did not look any better after a 10 day rest than he did after he got hurt playing the Browns. Who is running the show Ben or Tomlin. He should have yanked him at the half and put Charlie in. He couldn't have done any worse he may have done better. For a coach to watch his 100 million dollar QB play when he is that hurt and watch him get sacked that many times he needs to re-evlauate himself as a head coach. Ben's heroics does this team no good under his present condition and maybe that is why the rest of the team is not performing well because they know it is wrong to play Ben, so they just think the hell with it. Just my thoughts and just venting and thinking out loud. Been a fan since 1955 and always will be and believe me and some of the older guys that have been around that long will agree, we have seen worse than this.

12. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    listen. they got handled last night, BUT they were without Harrison, Woodely still isnt 100%, Pouncey was out, Sanders was out and Ben was playing on 1 leg and they were still in that game until the end.

i say rest Ben, Woodley and Pouncey against the Rams and Cleveland if needed and get ready for the Broncos.

the only fear i have of resting Ben is that he has shown that he is not very effective when given time off. whether its to nurse and injury or a bye week he just gets out of rythm.

if anything they should rest him against the Rams and let him play the 1st half against the Browns, But seeing how it pretty much would take an act of God to get him off the field im not sure if he would sit.

13. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with you!

14. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yep, well said! You just got to laugh at all of the fairweather fans jumping out of the woodwork once again.

15. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    IF we play Denver, we will be one and done. I guarantee it.

16. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So MT should have stepped up and said Batch is starting. "Only one day of practice? Sorry, you're not ready to go" should have been his conversation with Ben.

17. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe but unless we were privy to seeing that practice and hearing all of the conversation that took place between Ben, Tomlin and BA prior to the game it's hard to say what Tomlin should or shouldn't have done. That said I think Tomlin should have pulled him after the 2nd INT whether Ben liked it or not. I think because of Ben's iron man history and track record for performing well when injured Tomlin like many of us just kept thinking he was still gonna pull the game out and by the time he realized it wasn't gonna happen it was already too late. Hopefully Tomlin learns a lesson here.

18. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    I think Tomlin was in a no-win situation here. If he pulls Ben after interception #2 with the game still within reach and the Steelers lose, everyone would be complaining and wondering why he didn't give Ben a chance. I guess if he pulls him and the Steelers pull it out, he looks like a genius, but he was fighting against history. Last night's game adds to Ben's body of work, and I think it WILL make Tomlin think twice the next time something like this happens.

19. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I don't think there is any chance Tomlin would look like a genius to the "We should win every game" crowd. I am sure there would be posters hear saying we almost lost because he took Roethlisberger out.

20. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    :this!:

21. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011

Bingo! :this!:[attachment=0:20mnmmlu]Harbaugh1.GIF[/attachment:20mnmmlu]