1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Make of This What You Will

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Aug 23, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I heard by Dale Lolley last night ....That in the preseason of over 70 Qbs....Pickett was the second fastest on getting rid of the ball, and Trubisky was the 2nd slowest.....this is out of about 70 Qbs that have played in the preseason.
    He said it was probably by design, but whatever is the reason ...that should be thought about.
    :shrug:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know a few Chicago fans have said one of Trubisky's issues was rolling out of the pocket even when he had good protection and didn't need to. While I understand our O-Line is not doing their job and he may need to run, it sounds like he isn't processing what he is given fast enough. He didn't seem to have an interception problem, but I guess constantly rolling out of the pocket anyone can throw it away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It was one of His problems. He watches the rush. Also inaccurate deep passes.
    My main thing about this though was.....With the line We have going on right now.....Do We want the 2nd fastest getting rid of the ball (Pickett), or the 2nd slowest so far (Trubisky)???
    Remember this is out of 70, or more Qbs that have played in the preseason.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    It it wasn't for this line, i would be for starting pickett week 4 regardless. But until this line changes, it's a no for me. Trubisky can scramble better.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You want 2 go with the 2nd slowest guy 2 get rid of the ball over the GUY that is the 2nd fastest???:shrug:

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

Somebody has an obvious negative bias towards Trubisky.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. So You would rather go with this line....the 2nd slowest guy 2 get rid of the ball ....over the 2nd fastest. This has nothing 2 do with like, or dislike. I don't chose who I like over someone better. Ask anybody that has ever played in a band with Me. I wouldn't do it with the Team I Love.
    I promise.
    If Someone said Lamar Jackson was getting rid of the ball fastest on the team....I would suggest going with Him if He was on the team....,and I think He sucks.....Don't go by who You like,and don't. That's How Green was anointed center last year.

8. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    To be fair, you have done a good amount of railing against Trubisky in favor of Rudolph lately. But to be fairer....er.... you also bring up good points about Trubisky vs Rudolph/Pickett.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    We get it. You don't like Trubisky.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I do understand. But i don't want to see him take a hit because our LG just let a DT go right by. To many of those and he's done.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am waiting for @S.T.D to start putting negative political ads out about the guy.

Mitchell Trubisky is un-american. Mitchell Trubisky is a communist who loves Vladimir Putin. Mitchell Trubisky supports Mexican Drug Cartels.

This advertisement was paid for by S.T.D

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    He also said that Kenny spent a lot more time in the 2 minute offense, so the stats be skewed slightly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm willing to wait until the regular season " varsity " games.. There's just so many variables associated with the preseason..The Steelers, and other teams still don't know 100% , who their roster is, and can still be tweaked...

I've been on the Mitch Wagon...But nothing has really transpired yet...

IF...Mitch starts, and plays bad, I'll be the FIRST one to raise my hand and admit " I was wrong/ get Kenny in there " but I do think ( just my opinion ) that...

A) Mitch gets the first shot...
    B) If he gets the first shot, And the OL isn't the worst OL ever...That he's gonna really surprise a lot of folks...

Again, just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Active Member

Mar 19, 2022
    Second slowest isn't very quantitative. Is that 3 secs?, 2.5 secs?, 1 sec?? Also says Pickett is probably going with his first read. Which given this sadsack OL isn't surprising.

• Like Like x 2
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I pretty much agree and I'd want Kenny too but Tomlin might not see it that way. Probably use Mason if Mitch goes bad. If our O-line is as bad as we hear we'll need Pickett just for his quick release that another poster pointed out. Who knows, are O-line could gel and perform at least average but if it's a train wreck this would be the only time I'd want a running QB. And just until Kenny is ready because I'm not a fan of the running QB.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    At this point yes. He has more experience and the first few games are usually where you find truly what you have and make the adjustments. I don't want Kenny ruined because he gets a throw out faster. It going to come, likely sooner than later but at least try and stabilize the line for him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    As a youth I was told commies had STDs...now I know different lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  18. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, wasn't everyone complaining about getting rid of the ball too quick the last few seasons, because we were only passing within 5 yards and behind the line of scrimmage?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Sort of, the problem was the plethora of short passes. With Mason, you wait long and pass short. So, it’s not like it was just Ben. But I thought the same thing

20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Seems like an overrated stat to me. Too many variables to base success or failure off of. Receivers have to get open. Play has to develop and of course the Oline has to hold blocks. If you are throwing bubble screens all day what good is getting rid of the ball in 1 second if all it does is lead to 3rd and long? A 40 yard pass is going to take about 4 seconds or more to develop. I just don't care for that stat.

• Like Like x 3
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So that's Your answer. LOL. One is slow than the other...You answer...We get You don't like Trubisky. LoL.
    I don't dislike anyone...period....sorry with the line I would rather have the 2nd fastest Guy 2 get rid of the ball then the 2nd slowest....Man I'm terrible. LoL.
    I promise You if it was reversed....I would want Trubisky 2 start....it would only make sense. I could care less about Like, and dislike....this is about winning games. I don't know why this is hard 2 understand.
    For instance....
    It's like Mason...I like Him a lot, but....I think Pickett is better....so I say start Him(Pickett).
    I'm sorry some people let like , and dislike color there decisions. :shrug: Instead of what smartest for the team.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hate politics. I don't go for either side....neither side would piss on You if You were on fire ....unless it helped them.
    Sorry if I bring data 2 You , and it's not what You like.
    :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes He did, but this is out of 70 different Qbs, but You are correct. Although 70 of those Qbs weren't in 2 minute offense most of the time...at least ...I would think not.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree....
    I would bet He gets the 1st shot. We have seen lately...good , bad , or indifferent...once our Team sets their mind on something...it takes a lot 2 change it.....I give You Green at center last year as example. :thumbs_up:

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well out of over 70 Qbs...I'm just the messenger....that's why I said ....Make of this what You will....I'm just thinking with the OL playing the way they are ....You go with the 2nd fastest....not the 2nd slowest....that's all.