1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mahomes...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 29, 2020.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Does this guy ever have like a bad game or even like a sub-par to average game?? I mean beating this guy is gonna take an absolutely spectacular effort on both offense and especially on defense if the Steelers happen to play the Chiefs in the playoffs. This guy just does not lose and plays very well essentially every week. Anything less then the Steelers absolute best will not get it done against that team. Mahomes is that good and in order to beat him you are gonna have to play damn near flawless all the way across the board.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    They have not faced a good defense all year, he won’t be the same guy under pressure

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He is imperious, it does help to have the most explosive receiver and tight end in the game to throw to but I think he would succeed anywhere regardless.

A fully healthy Steelers defence would present him with a lot of problems. I just hope we get that far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s very good under pressure and destroys blitzes.

You’re not going to shut Mahomes down but you can score on KC and our defense can make some plays that see us come out on top. It will be battle for sure.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Mahomes might get hit by a truck next week or get Covid if we face him. I’m only worried about the teams we’re playing right now. I’ll worry about him when and if it even happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Did i miss a trade??? If not this thread is in the wrong forum!.. Mahomes, blah blah this, blah blah that :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Even against the Steelers defense I think he is gonna score around probably 28 or 31 points. So it’s gonna take probably about 35 points to beat them and plus you are gonna have to create at least 2-3 turnovers and score touchdowns off of them as well. It will take nothing short of a great effort all the way across the board to beat them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hill has been unstoppable this year. Kielce doesn’t seem to be as dangerous as years past, but their young RB has been impressive.

If you can figure how to slow down Hill I think they come back down to Earth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Iknow right, i have seen more threads on Mahomes, Brady, or any other QB , then i have seen threads abt Ben :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He is very good when facing pressure. Blitzing alone won't get it done. The defence cant let Hill or Kelce get behind them and they need to pressure Mahomes without blitzing. Mahomes will score on us. There's no stopping that team, so we'll have to win in a shootout. Ben will need to be on his game

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Exactly. Plus with all of his expert medical opinion regarding Covid he needs to be writing articles for the New England journal of medicine.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Some people are just worry warts. Worrying too much about what probably will never happen.

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Anyone have Tonya Harding's phone number?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  14. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The Steelers and Rams defenses are probably the only two that are good enough to bring pressure to truly throw L him off. He’s a monster. One of the best I’ve ever seen.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    After watching today’s game, I came away thinking KC is very beatable.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The key is to take away certain aspects of their game and force Mahomes to play from behind in a way that favors your team. So get a lead and continue to add points on every possession. Much like Brady in his prime you can't waste possessions by trying low percentage high risk plays(see Ben throwing into triple coverage for the kill shot when a 1st down keeps drive going) . Once they have to abandon the run/pass balance you can try getting pressure with a 4 man front and a roving spy. Tampa played some very good defense today but Mahomes was able to escape and make plays. Otherwise best any team can hope for is a driving snowstorm or heavy rain where he can't plant his feet and Hill's speed is shut down.

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah Chuckie's Raiders gave them all they could handle in both games this year so the blue print is there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Well if we are going to try and compare having to play a type of game required to beat Prime Brady I guess the season can get canceled due to Covid now and save us all some heartache. I don’t think we ever beat Brady in a big game. Maybe 1-2 times in the regular season?

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Chargers and first raiders games were his worst

20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The Mahomes that played today would carve the Steelers secondary to shreds. Just flinging it and letting Hill run under it.

Anyone can be beat.. but that steeler secondary does not match up well... so that front has got to get pressure early and often

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I'm tired of seeing him idolized on a Steelers board. Doesn't KC have one you can give your praises on?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Mahomes impresses me by how he can backpedal against the pass rush and/or blitz, buying time, and still have zip and accuracy on his throws. The way Dupree sometimes rushes too far up the field, Mahomes may actually backpedal into him. At least I can hope.

23. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Beating Brady is hard enough but when Ben would waste key possessions on poor plays it was too high a mountain to overcome. Remember the playoff game after beating KC? Bell gets gimpy all of a sudden and then AB is knocked out of the game because Ben hit him in the endzone with a good throw but he was in a bad position and got hurt. They absolutely needed the points that time but not the injury. Similar situation with Mahomes, you need every offensive possession to score points because three and outs open the barn doors and those horse will run.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I think Andy Reid is sitting on his playbook until the playoffs just like last year. Not going to take them lightly.

25. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    He is a product of the last 20 years of rule changes, a great play caller, a great tight end, ridiculous speed on the outside, and knowing he won't take a big hit, what passes for roughing the passer now days is laughable. With no other changes, if he and Darnold traded places, would he be seen in the same light? Not saying he isn't talented, just sayin. And on a side note, is Nick Wright going to get jealous of Romo slurping on him so hard?