1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Madden brings us all back down to earth.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by METALMAN_68, Nov 14, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I commend your intestinal fortitude

Oysters make me want to barf

I like oysters better than Madden

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    He's only right about blatantly obvious things. The rest of it is pure BS.

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The only useful thing I have ever heard him utter was in a documentary about the Pens where he said that after Mario's initial retirement and shortly before the bankruptcy that Jagr knew he had to get the team into the playoffs to keep the team afloat so he went out there and played even though he had one thigh that was just a huge purple bruise and no one knew how much pain he was in just trying to keep the team in Pittsburgh.

Other than that like I said before he is the same way he is in football. He has been banging the drum for years that they should drop Geno and Letang and even trade Crosby to get a huge return to rebuild the team. He doesn't realize the mess Shero made of the farm system and how the draft in hockey works. Dumping the top players doesn't mean you draft replacement ones who are ready to go.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    The sky is always falling according to Madden. That’s been his schtick over the years.

I remember him calling Ike Taylor the worst pick in Steelers history - before Taylor became a star - if it makes you feel better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He was average. He played with HoF and top tier talent that made his job 100x easier. He’d get burned and drop easy ints. Defenses he played on and never made a pro bowl or considered top at his position. He was an average role player that benefited from being apart of great defenses. Nothing more. Drafted to a different situation he bounces around the league.

So your telling me if Joe Haden was on those teams we don’t win a lot more games. More Super Bowls. And he doesn’t make the pro bowl once???

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Disagree. That’s one area if you have to give him credit. He called Bell, AB, Juju, and Claypool out while fans and media were blinded by their BS.

7. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Fans were not blind. Most were incensed by their actions. You're just making sh!t up to fit your agenda against Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All I can say is.....How long, and great of a career did Bell, and Ab have after they left???
    This is not aimed at You @METALMAN_68 ....I'm just using Your comment as a jumping off point.

• Like Like x 2
  9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    He called Juju and Claypool out about what exactly? Let's be fair here that the end of the story on Bell and AB turned out to be right but had Bell not gotten bad advice from his agent and stayed in Pittsburgh for his second contract chances are he not only gets paid and has success but then he can sign a 3rd deal somewhere else for more money than he is worth and can fade from starter roles without harming himself. AB if not for his going off the deep end most likely leads the Pats to the Superbowl if he holds it together for just a few months.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Taylor was comparable to Haden, though Haden could actually catch the ball. No, I don't think they would have won more Super Bowls if they had Joe Haden on those teams instead of Ike Taylor. Taylor was a rock solid corner and a key part of some great defenses. Madden's take on him was clearly ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ike Taylor played with one HOF player.... Troy Polamalu. You act like the '05 and '08 defenses had as many HOFers as the 70's Steel Curtain. :facepalm:

Only other player on '05 & '08 defenses that has a chance at the HOF is your beloved James Harrison. :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Just because Trubisky had the greatest 15 minutes of his career against the Bucs, I am still not forgetting the 3 and out offense that he was running.

I'm still rolling with Kenny.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Wrong this has nothing to do with Tomlin. Fans were blinded by ABs smile and dance moves. Madden said from the beginning he was a jagoff and was right.

Juju tiktoking his way out of Pittsburgh. A lot of what ifs about Bell and AB… Madden was right.

“rock solid corner” LOL

Let’s put it like this.. Ike was the weak link in those defenses. I won’t even bother comparing Haden vs Ike’s career stats because it’s embarrassing. Ike was an average role player. The end.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You are totally Wrong about Ike Taylor. He was one of the stronger parts of that Defense.
    Also I will put Ikes playoff stats, and SB stats against Hadens any day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    @SDOT Juju didn't tiktok his way out of Pittsburgh. His play led to getting a offer from the Chiefs and after giving Ben another year to try for one last hurrah he left knowing Ben was done and the money wasn't there. But sure Mark Madden called it Juju tiktoked his way out of town.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Steelers didn’t want JuJu. Him and his mom made that very clear. He only got that last year because of Ben. His nonsense rubbed off on Claypool who got traded.

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Well that's one opinion thats for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Should I believe Juju and his mom or Thorn058 regarding Juju?

19. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That's completely up to you. Considering you have been boycotting the entire NFL for the last four years I wouldn't hazard a guess as to what you do and don't believe. I will however point you in one direction. The statement

is your opinion about what happened in a locker room that you are not part of and was not covered by any statement made by Juju or his mother. So it is one opinion and completely yours which you are trying to pass off as fact by attaching it to a known statement like Juju's .

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I would say it is the end of your credibility, but you lost that a long time ago.

I get it now. You must think the only way to judge cornerbacks is the total number of interceptions. How embarrassing for you that you think that.

Regarding your defense of Madden, trolls of a feather...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I mean...

If there is one major tangible form of improvement I want to see from Kenny... it is this..

Now... compare this to the 2021 Class.

Kenny is takin' his lumps; as do all NFL Rookie QBs. The sooner people realize that every Rookie QB is not going to be the likes of Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott and Big Ben, the better degree logical deductions people will have. In short?

Give these young guns some time. Heck, people railed on Justin Fields until two weeks ago; finally beginning to figure it out. Trevor Lawrence was much of the same thing. Both are in Year 2 now and both were far higher on every draft board than Kenny ever was.

The moment the game slows down for him in addition to more consistent play, the better idea we all will have of him.

22. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I blame a great amount of KP's issues on the OC. I feel for KP having to go through this crap this season. Hopefully he holds it together and steelers bring in a real OC for next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Rewatch the Cardinals Super Bowl last two tds on Ike. The last one that could’ve cost them the game was the same play that cost them against Denver in playoffs. He couldn’t be trusted in true one on one. Ben and offense bailed him. Polamalu and media bailed him out his whole career.

Ike also got burned on 3rd and 10 with 6 mins left that cost them the Packers Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Just stop. He was trusted one-on-one all the time, and I don't think the defense was playing man-to-man on that long touchdown to Fitzgerald. The first touchdown was a jump ball to Larry Fitzgerald, arguably the best high-point receiver in the game in the last 30 years.

Your argument is now three plays. That is weak anecdotal evidence, almost as bad as you claiming that he wasn't good because he didn't have as many career receptions as Haden.

• Winner Winner x 1