1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Love Them or Hate Them

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by bettissb40, Feb 6, 2017.

1. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My hat goes off to the Pats on there fabulous comeback and 5th SB. I have had the privilege of watching all 51 SB's and this goes down as one of the greatest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The falcons folded like a lawn chair in the second half.They gift wrapped the game and handed right to the Pats with the 3 holding calls and trying to throw the ball on 3rd and 1 while in FG range.

I still choose to hate the Pats.

3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hate the Patriots like maybe 70% of all non Pats fans do, but hey... I'm a Football fan to and you can't hate on the desire and will to win when your down that much and pull it out. You don't want them hoisting Lombardis!!! keep them out of the playoffs nuff said. You hearing me Ben!!!! and Tomlin!!!! If the Steelers don't change their mind set they will be tied with us next year or in the near future just saying!!!

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The 3 holding backs in the first half lead to a grand total of 0 points for the Patriots. In fact, the Falcons got a pick 6 on that possession, so I don't want to hear about those 3 calls. A holding call late hurt the Falcons, but the reality is you can't bury a team only to let them fight their way back. If you have a 25 point lead and you let the game come down to one play, you already blew it before that one play even happened.

The Falcons actually didn't look good all game. They had a pick 6, two turnovers and a failed onside kick that gave them a short field. The fact the offence only put up 21 points is a colossal failure. The defence didn't play good in the 4th quarter, but when your offence gives the other team the ball for 40 minutes of the game, it's hard not to collapse. I put more of the blame on the Falcons offence. You can't give Brady twice the number of plays and twice the time of possession. No defence will hold up to that for long.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nailed it. If Tomlin doesn't significantly change the way we play defence, we will once again lose to the Patriots if we meet them in the playoffs. We can't beat them with the game plan that Tomlin and Butler drew up, it's not possible. We're going to be good enough next year to get into the playoffs, so there's a good chance the SB will once again go through NE. Will we man up this time and actually compete or just fold again and let Brady walk into his 8th SB appearance? All I know is we better come with a completely different game plan or we'll get smashed again.

It still pisses me off how badly we were outcoached that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You want the players mindset to change to be dominate teams like Steelers teams in the past it starts at the top with the Coaches. 10 to 15 yard cushions on opposing receivers is totally spelling failure. I have no doubt that Davis, Burns, and Hargrave will much better next season with a year under their belts and a taste of agony and defeat with a playoff loss lingering. Out of the gates the Steeler have to show dominance both at home and on the road and ride that momentum all the way to the playoffs and ultimately the Superbowl. Go Steelers!!!