1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like Jets and Packers are about to announce a deal

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by GoldBurgh, Mar 11, 2023.

1. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    Anything that puts the screws to the Patriots and makes their wins tougher in a division that has been the doormat of sports for decades is delicious!

• Like Like x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't hate them as much now that brady is gone. I actually root for them now so it can hurt the argument off it was all brady for why they won.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    2 yrs with the jets then 1 final year with vikes. Its what packers qbs do

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Plus to follow in Favre's footsteps Rodgers will have to send pictures of his junk to whatever hot female reporter the Jets have now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I can see that.

I'm a firm believer in some kind of split. There's never been a great multiple SB winning QB without a great coach and a clutch defense. Brady winning in Tampa proves that. One year he has a great team around him and a defense that was absolutely clutch. Then in the next he falls short without that coach and defense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    So how many parts of this equation do the Steelers have? I am asking for a friend.

[​IMG]

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’d be careful here if I was the jets, I get that they are sick of looking for a QB but Rodgers is a short term solution at best and will be very expensive. I wouldn’t be giving up that much in a trade.

Rodgers is a monumental upgrade over what the jets have had in recent years but the baggage that he brings is a nightmare. He is an absolute clown show at this stage and I genuinely wouldn’t want him on my team.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Tried to get a link, but all I got was ads lol. Anyway, reports are that Rodgers gave a list of demands to the Jets, including signing Cobb, Lazard, and Odell Beckham. hell, sign everyone, then have him quit on you midseason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

New York is in for a rude awakening. No one is denying the talent of Rodgers. However, it is fair to question his performances down the stretch of 2022; doubly so in the final three games. Furthermore, Aaron is known to be an a**hole; something I don't think that is conducive to a potential superstar like Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner or others.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Here's where we stand on Wednesday afternoon:
    Rogers is claiming he was 90% ready to retire when he got out of his darkness retreat. Then he learned the Packers were trying to trade him.
    Rogers says he's planning on playing for the Jets next year.
    The Packers claim that the Jets are trying to lowball the trade, because they know Rogers wants out.
    Reports are that the Packers want two first rounders for Rogers.

I'll update if anything actually happens.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    ACTUALLY HAPPENS....... LOL

I was watching PTI and they were talking about the Jets getting a list of players they need to sign this offseason from Rogers. Crazy.

Also, if Rogers skips this year, wouldn't the Packers still own his rights next year?

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Until he is traded, he is still a Packer. While it shouldn't have taken Green Bay this long to get rid of his ass, about damn time they did.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Has Aaron Rodgers talked at all about giving back his $40 million signing bonus he just received last year?

No, I wish someone would ask Rodgers that question. If he is wanting to be released from the Packers, and doesn't want the Jets to compensate Green Bay with their 1st round pick, then he could at least return his signing Bonus money he received last year as a gester of good faith. It doesn't help Green Bay for cap purposes, but it would be the right this to do.

Rodgers $58.3 million guarantee does not become official until the start of the season, so Green Bay could sit on Aaron Rodgers until then.

From a Steelers perspective; I hope Green Bay holds out and at least gets the Jets 1st round pick this year, then trades it to the Steelers for a 1st(17) and a 3rd(80), so the Steelers can Draft their LT of the future. :)

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Jets have a good team outside of QB. If Rodgers plays like he can, they are immediately a legit contender

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It depends on how long it takes for his corrosiveness to destroy the good things they have going right now.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    This whole thing is so convoluted, while GB can wait, the longer it does the worse it becomes for them, simply because they still have that CAP hit and the draft picks they could have used this year are gone. At this point I forget about the Stafford trade value and get a first this year, then throw some conditions on a pick next year. Get a 2 that goes to 1 if the justs go to the conference championship..something like that, maybe a conditional 4th that goes to a 3rd. Work it so you feel like you are getting something, can get rid of that bum and start the year fresh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Apparently Rodgers tried to cover that in an interview saying they were just suggestions. Dianni Russini said that was the case, and she actually had more names on her list than those revealed. I get the discussion, and as long as it was just that fine. Then again once you start down that road, and the history he has do you really want to make him feel like he has that much control? They have built a team with some very good young talent, now you let a 39 yo destroy it with his 'demands' lmao

• Like Like x 2