1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like Harrison may be playing this week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Nov 4, 2011.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I have a Blackberry app called "Steelers Inside Slant" that has updated daily Steelers team and player related news. One of the items in today's slant list is an article from The Sports Xchange titled "Looks like Harrison will return for Steelers," which states:

"It appears Pittsburgh will get one starting linebacker back for the Steelers AFC North Division showdown Sunday night against the Baltimore Ravens...."

It goes on to say he still has one more examination before getting the green light, but he did have two full days of practice.

Here's hoping to see 92 out there Sunday night :rawk:

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah! :rawk:
    Jerry Dulac from the Gazette reported an hour or so ago that he was likely to start if his exam goes well. http://burgh.us/9jt

3. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I am really excited to hear this, but I just wish it was announced right before the game!

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    EXACTLY!!! Why are they doing this? Am I making too much out of this? I know they are pros and you gotta play who's in front of you but game planning means something. What if the pats knew our defensive strategy last week?

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Hopefully it also means Timmons can go back to the middle with Worilds or Carter on the other side. That would be huge as well.

6. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!: Because the other option is Timmons rushing from the other side. He may or may not be more effective over there. But he usually plays on the other side so his angles and familiarity with those guys has to be more comfortable. Who knows, but switching him all over the place doesn't seem like the best option. Hopefully he can go back to ILB or just make Oher look stupid and contain the ends...

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I always understood that there were quite stringent rules about declaring who was fit to play and who wasn't (seem to remember some controversy about it a fair few years back). So they probably don't have a choice. Could be wrong, though.

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    In addition to that, I read somewhere that the Ravens purposely spent time preparing for all possible Steelers linebackers this week in practice, just in case, so I don't know that it would have made that much difference to hold off announcing it.

9. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope with Woodley out that James comes out fast and steps up! We need a big game out of him if he's gonna play!

10. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    That's GOOD! That means their practice is getting watered down because they have to prepare for all possible scenarios. Still not as good as practicing for one thing and seeing another. Now they are somewhat prepared as oppsed to not being prepared at all.

If our LB's were healthy they would be prepared for them all the way, but now we are in the hole so I say, try to fill that hole with deception.

Should we have told the pats we were going to come out man on man? No. We surprised them. As I believe we should do with personnel. If there is one I think it's splitting hairs.

11. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why couldn't we say today that Woodley is progressing, but will be a game time decision? This would have us covered for when he does not play? That would have the Raisins up all night focusing on trying to stop the unstoppable? Now, they will just say no biggie Woiirds will be in there. I am hoping that Jason W. has a breakout game! I notice that there has been no in-depth coverage if Ngata will be in or out like the media has been talking about our linebackers.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't see how it's conceivably possible that you could game plan defensively for Woodleys apprentice .. Clearly there is not a proven replacement.

Bman