1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Look who's laughing now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Oct 30, 2011.

1. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    With a bunch of 2nd stringers and rookies playing for injuries on the Steelers, I wonder what excuses the media will say around the "Great Brady" and "The Hoodie"...

Nice to wee Brady running for his life, and throwing the ball scared!

Great game from our D. Could have been a lot more lopsided, but everyone must be very proud of this W!

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A 43 year old man skipping down the hallway... yep. I am pumped!!

3. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    will be very intersting to see the coverage we get on espn.com and sportscenter... but who coares go steelers!

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    This should shut everyone up, including us, the fans. A lot of negativity leading up to this game on all fronts, and the boys go and re-write the history books with a convincing performance.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :applaud: Our guys played a dominating game and still gave them points. Hard for the Pats, who came off a bye week, to remain crowned by the talking heads.

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The highlights from Berman and the boys was pretty much all of the Patriot plays...I was shocked of course. They did spend a fair amount of time on the game. Not as much as they spent last week on Tebow's comeback, but a fair amount of time.

7. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Just saw the highlights from NFL network. They showed 2 plays. Both Patriots' plays. Of course the one was the fumble/safety. But only 2 plays. Why not any of the Steelers' offense? They followed with the Rats/Cards highlights, showed at least 13 plays. How the hell do they only show 2 plays from the game of the week featuring two first place teams, combined 5 time superbowl winning quarterbacks, etc, etc. Oh that's right, Patriots lost.

8. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    On NBC they showed mostly the Pats plays, starting with the INT. They also called the game "Patriots highlights."

9. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    i would so love to see a meltdown by the patsies and drop out of the playoff hunt ...
    yes, i am drunk but it's 0100 in the morning and the steelers just outplayed the fkn patsies, i'm allowed to be drunk and dream :D

10. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Judge at CBS only said thing about the Patriots...
    They are not the team to beat... they made mistakes, they played bad football... they gave the game away.
    Same on ESPN...

What????

I saw a very different game today:
    A Steelers offense taking advantage of weaknessess of their D.
    Ben making good decisions.
    Arians with a very good gameplan, until 1:30 in the 4th Qtr.
    Very solid WR group (TE & RB included).
    And... a very solid, dominant, scary D.
    Just look at brady's face on the play Ike got injured. He was running for his life and threw the ball as an infield fly!

C'mon, media guys. You can do better than that: Steelers dominated the day, on O, D & ST. Also Coaching. Period. It isn't that difficult.
    If you watched the game, you will agree it could easily had been 35-10, or something like that.

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This game was crazy, Steelers played a perfect game except for a few missed opportunities, but Brady STILL had the ball in his hands to win it at the end of the game. If he had 1 time out and 1 more minute at the end there it could have gotten scary.

12. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    "IF" the Queen had balls she would be King....IF is a big little word!! :rawk:

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I hear ya! I'm generally a little skeptical but today we pulled it all together. We play like this and we are the team to beat. We all know that we can also play like dookie, ala the rats game. As long as this team shows up and not the team from the ratbirds game, we are good. Damm good!

14. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    If the Steelers would have had one more touchdown versus a fieldgoal, Brady wouldn't have had the chance at the end. So much for ifs, Brady did have a chance at the end and the more dominant team won the day. The media can't figure that out, too bad for them. I can't stand ESPN anymore, especially with their decision regarding Hank Williams Jr. I hate all the Jets love the NFL Network hands out. I can barely watch their crap anymore. But the Steelers have won 4 straight and are getting ready to give Baltimore a pounding. I'm hoping for a game like the 2007 home game. : - )

15. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The media is the media. we all knew if we won we will not get the media attention. Thats fine by me. We know we dominated and took it to the patsie's. I dont need Espn or the NFL Network or NBC to tell me that. I witnessed it myself and with all of steeler nation and thats fine by me!!

16. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's okay, we play better "under the radar" and when we are mad!

It will be the same all this week on ESPN, everyone there will be continuing their constant "love fest" with the Raisins. I really want us to pound them!

17. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ya, I read so many comments this weekend about how the Steelers were overrated because of the teams we beat to get to 5-2. We just beat a 5-1 Pats you haters! :cool:

18. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I expect Flacco to resemble your AV after the game.

Which is classic BTW..

19. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yes there will still be a ratbird love fest with the media, i mean i dont get it, the patriot and packer love fest i get, even the jets i get since they play in new york and have a coach who loves to run his mouth, but why the ratbird ballwashing. I mean after that tremendous game they played against the jags last week tbat should have been the end of the love. And if the cardinals could have held it together today that would have been back to back losses to bad teams. Could you imagine the negativity towards the Steelers from the media if we would have lost to the jags in that fashion. Not to mention the constant post season failures the ravens deliver every year. Guess they get all that love from the media since they are picked to win the division and make the superbowl every year, and you know they dont like to be wrong.

20. Tiny

Tiny Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

21. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Half of my family is from the Boston area and almost immediately after the game my fiance says to me "Your brother just posted the word CHEATERS on facebook. I couldn't stop laughing about the irony of that statement. Everyone from that area has been brainwashed into thinking that the Spygate issues were just fabricated by the rest of the teams to explain why Brady and Belecheat were so great. So now, when they need to explain away the fact that they just got their ass handed to them, where do they turn? Accuse someone of cheating. Crybabies! I don't even know what they are calling cheating.

22. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I noticed that too...I was really pumped when they said they were going to show highlights of the game only to show the pick by the Pats??? Unreal. :thumbsdown:

23. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fantastic win for us, but only the first step. Now the Ravens are coming to town, and we cannot trade them FG for TD in the second half and win like we did vs the Pats.

24. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And that's the point. I think we got props for the win (deion even went as far to say we are the team to beat in the afc) but... As dominating as the performance was we were not able to put them away in, dare I say it, Brady fashion.

We've been letting teams stay close (if not worse) much of the season.

Anyway... I like being the underdog... I get to walk into my office (a sports-centric biz) with a s**t-eating grin on my face after games like that! :grin: