1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

London

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Oct 29, 2014.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Ironically. Fuster Cluck is Gooddell's middle name. I hate it just as well but I can see him pulling it off as his last hoorah! He's says it can happen by 2022 and I'd say that's about the time he is looking to exit. Wish it were tomorrow but unless he kicks the bucket, 7 years ain't too far away.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The ruination of the league will continue,it is a shame, keep the game in the good ole USA.
    Do you really think the players want to go over
    there to play a game? I bet if you polled them the majority would say hell no.

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I haven't seen a good game played in London yet, certainly the steelers stunk it up against the vikings in their last UK game, yeah those crappy vikings beat em pretty easily..............

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Why take a U.S. game out of a U.S. city and have that city lose all that revenue from a NFL weekend and give it to London? Plus lets not forget all the stadium employees. The people who man the gift shops,cotton candy,ushers,beer,concession stands,security,plus many more who all lose a days pay or more with a game overseas. Why supplement London and its citizens? Keep the NFL in the USA.

5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I agree with Myron.

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:

:eek: (noticing that this is Blast's post)

I mean, this is the stupidest post that I've ever read and I couldn't disagree more! :facepalm:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! ;)

7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    My earlier posted theory exactly. Makes no damn sense.

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with yinz 100% 33. This country is already sending way to many jobs overseas. We dont need to send any more over there. How many more billions does the NFL need to make by f*^king over hard working Americans??? Keep the game in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Not that I agree with it, but the NFL wants to expand to as far a fan base as possible. They don't care if it's US dollars, or if they are English pounds (or euros, whatever lol), as long as they are going into NFL pockets. They could stand to make a ton of money if the NFL catches on at all. The English have great sports fans (mostly for soccer), and while they wouldn't go nuts for it like soccer, they will go to some games and buy some apparel for their team. From the business side, any time you think you can successfully expand your sport into a new market it's a good idea.

My my college roommate was from England, and he really got into Ohio State football. I'm sure there's a good enough market for a team over there. It would be hell to play for though, since road games would be ridiculous... Especially to the west coast teams.

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    How many billions is enough SG.....When they are taking dollars out of U.S. citizens pockets. ITS OUR GAME!! Keep it here.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

I wonder what they call it over there anyway :hmmm:

12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    To any business, there really never is enough money lol I doubt they care whose pockets they take money from, as long as it's all going to them. While I would prefer they don't move a team out there, I can definitely see what they are thinking from the business side of things.

13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    OOGIE BOOGIE NIGHT

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The UK taxes NFL players at 45% prorated for the amount of days they stay there, I'm surprised the players Union doesn't demand that the League has to reimburse them for that tax bite since it's their stupid idea to have games there in the first place:

This year 2013, two NFL games were played in London, where the top tax rate is 45 percent. Players will receive a foreign tax credit against the amount paid in the United Kingdom, but only up to the top tax rate in the United States, which is 39.6 percent. One of the teams that traveled to England to play against the Jaguars was California's San Francisco 49ers. California has the dubious distinction of charging the highest personal income tax rate, now 13.3 percent. This means whatever salaries the 49ers earn will be reduced by roughly 60 percent in combined taxes (45 percent to the United Kingdom, 13.3 percent to the state of California, and 1.45 percent federal Medicare tax). Ouch!

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Send the Chargers over there. They won't really be missed around here!

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nothing wrong with the Chargers. Send the Raiders !

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I get all that SG. However any successful business should remember how it got to where it is.The NFL was built on your great grand dad and my great grand dad your grand dad my grand dad going to games. Three,four,five generations supporting the NFL. Building it into what it is today. The NFL would not be here today if it wasnt for the fan support they have received for 94 years. All that support came from citizens of the good old USA.

A coal miner back in the 1920s or 30s pays 50 cents to take his kid to a game. That kid becomes addicted. He takes his kid.So on and so on.We arrive to where we are today. All through US dollars. This league was built from the dollars out of Americans pockets. PLEASE DO NOT take this game out of the USA. Our dollars built the NFL into what it is today. Its ours!!!!!

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You'd have to live in San Diego to truly understand.
    Send the Raiders and there would be rioting in L.A. AND Oakland, send the Chokers and there might be............8-10,000 people who would really care.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I have to listen to the Rams fans around here, I know what you mean.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  21. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    So what happens to the season ticket older that loses out on a home game?

22. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hmmm... does that mean a Heinz Field super bowl is in the future? :) Not sure how I would feel about that.

23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Did not realize the Steelers bid on a SB.. i assumed the stadium was to small

24. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    And that US city paid for the stadium that sits empty on that game day.

25. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Yep. As long as an owner sees a chance to make more money, they don't care what the U.S. loses. I went to 2 Monday night games in St. Louis the last 2 years (Seattle and San Francisco) and paid $10 a ticket. Can't tell me the owners wouldn't jump at a chance for a couple years of sell out crowds in las Angeles or London.