1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Loging in

Discussion in 'Need Help?' started by oldschool, Oct 31, 2011.

1. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Like everyone else, i want to thank you for this board since I was never able to get onto the other one for a few years. It and now this were the only communities I wanted to join after a really great one on myspace shut down a few years ago. That one was like family with really great and smart people there then it was like a whole family died all at once.

Anyway, I have had trouble logging in the last two days. I have no trouble on my Mac laptop, but for some reason my PC (running XP) desktop is having issues. Even my phone is fine.

What is happening is that I log in and then it says I have successfully done so and askes if I want to go to Steelers talk (I can see my name in brackets [oldschool]) . Then when I select that and the new page opens I seem to be kicked off, my name in the brackets is gone and I can't make any posts.

Again, none of this happens with the MAC. Any clue what is up?

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Hmm, not sure off the top of my head. I just got home from trick or treating with the kids, but try deleting the board cookies link on the bottom right. That often solves login issues on these boards. LMK if that doesn't help.
    -TTF

3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'll try if happens again. Thanks. Not happening anymore. maybe it fixed it when I cleaned my computer. Same thing.

4. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It all of the sudden would not accept my password. So I had to change my name from Greg the man Lloyd to Greg the man Lloyd 1. Any help would be good. It would not send anything to my email.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Ah, ok. I wondered why you had the new username. I sent you a PM when I saw it actually. Very strange that it wouldn't recognize your password. Does your browser fill it in for you or do you type it manually?

6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I just realized we never updated this Greg the man Lloyd. Thought people should know that the problems you ran into weren't site related and that we got your problem figured out pretty easily. :)