1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Live and die by Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 1, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We all know this. in 2005 he was good ben all throughout the playoffs, then hit bad ben in the SB. Difference was he had a running game and defense to help him out.

2008 SB we had good ben(had a bad o line) and stellar D to help him.

2010 SB- this is where Ben's magic officially died.

Like some other posters said if our offense didn't die in the CLE game we win. Defense in the Ravens game kept giving the ball to ben. "do something". "ok" *heaves the ball 5 yards over the receiver*

Ben always has clunkers in a season, problem is there is literally nothing he can fall back on. No running game, no defense, no special teams, bad coaching.

Even Brees/Rodgers can't do much without any help.

I picked Steelers to lose to Balt and win the next 3. Season is likely over but a WC may be in the spotlight if they can win the next 3. Lose in Atlanta and just hope we don't go 8-8.

Tomlin won't get fired. I can guarantee that

I have been a fan since 95 superbowl(I love dallas so much) and I always believed this team had magic, they had the fight in them to learn from their mistakes, and win a ballgame no matter the cost.

I look at them now and all I see is Bell eating a buffet while hitting a cottage cheese butt.

I am officially burning my Bell jersey, he started this mess.

• Like Like x 1
  2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol. Still can't believe people blame our losses on a player that isn't even in the building.

Just craziness the mental gymnastics people will do . Bell didn't overthrow passes. Bell didn't leave their WR's uncovered .

Our current situation has nothing to do with Bell.

Besides, is a 2 way street. If Bell is that valuable to the team, then perhaps the Steelers should have offered more guaranteed money . Bell is under no obligation to play for something he didn'td think is fair, just like the Steelers aren't obligated to offer him what he waves if they don't think he's worth it .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014

I am not blaming Bell. This is on Ben.

I just don't like Bell, so I am funneling this disaster on him lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Not having bell is making it hard for them to have a somewhat balanced offense. But this defense is beyond fixable.. Ppl keep saying to fire butler but whos gonna replace him.. Bell being the way he is and not showing up started this mess now the defense is finishing it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The defense held the rats to 4 field goals in the second half 12 points, no TDs, so you can blame them but if the offense cant score a single point in the entire second half shouldnt they get all of the blame for this loss???

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Exactly, the offense going 3 and out and not having good drives didn't help. Steelers defense isn't good, and you can't let it be out there in 22 out of possible 30 minutes of 2nd half possession time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Our D wasn't great but it was the O that lost us this game. Our O-line couldn't consistently open holes so we didn't have a run game and Ben...I don't know what the hell his problem was. But he was off big time and it cost us.

Even with the putrid execution problems the schemes and play calling on both offense and defense were the biggest reasons for the loss IMO. We're terrible this year. No doubt about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Nothing? Being able to hand the ball to a proven productive RB wouldn't help? Being able to dump a pass to a proven productive receiving RB wouldn't help? When a guy who averaged 30 touches per game last season is no longer there, the current situation has something to do with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was just thinking what got lost in the soup was the defense finally started to play better.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I guess if Bell is so important to the success of the team they should of realized that and found a way to pay him. As far as Butler.....who is gonna replace him? That's the reason to keep him? How about our defensive minded HC takes over or has he already? Butlers scheme could be replaced by a 11yr old playing Madden calling the plays in...

11. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    The defense should get blame almost every week for being so bad but for this game last night your 100% right the O deserves all the blame for this one.. Even tho the d still gave up 460 yards they bent but didn't break in the second half.. To only get like 50 yards of offense the entire second half is beyond awful.. Even the last drive of the game when the game was outta reach they couldn't even pick up a first down on the Ravens prevent defense.. When this defense holds a team under 30 they need to capitalize.. But we're just fans nobody cares what we think anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Bell can suck a d*** how's that for paying him

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Oooo kaaay! but I'm not sure how that fixes the mess you claim he made. Actually what you are suggesting has the potential of causing a mess on its own.....

14. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I honestly don't know how to fix the mess lol.. I think this year it's beyond fixable

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Definitely trending in that direction....

16. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Think the bigger loss is shazier.. But they've had a year to fix that and they haven't

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben after the game

A798847F-EBB7-4016-ACFB-CEBE0EC8F904.jpeg 26F8D4C9-8EF0-43AC-A0A4-15E12009AC50.jpeg
    I think it says it’s an honor to compete with you, first ballot HOF

lol

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Disgusting, that he can go to the rats locker room and smile after that terrible performance he had, giving the game away the way he did......

19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    But at the top, he misspelled “Fuggly”.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1