1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

List of Players You DON'T Want

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by MorrisFoster, Apr 20, 2016.

1. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Why? Mackensie had the 14th fastest 40 times for corners (does not include safeties), 8th best vertical, 22nd best bench press, 20th best cone drill, 17 th best shuttle.

To top it off he is listed at 5'10 190.

Boykin is listed at 5'10 182.

How can you be one of many to say Boykin is an expendable and undersized slot corner and then turn around and find an identical player in size and athleticism and say he is a 1st round pick?!?!

That makes no sense. Also those are all pro day numbers which are almost always better than combine numbers.

2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yes, I would think he'd be worth the 25th as much as Apple, Alexander or Jax.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    LMAO! You worked Boykin into this topic :roflmao:

Wow, you are obsessed with him. Way to misrepresent my position on him by the way.

And what is laughable is saying his technique is garbage, can't backpedal, and that he is a locker room cancer. Oh, and that he shouldn't be drafted before the 3rd round. Nice try at misdirection though by throwing irrelevant stats out there and dragging Boykin into it :thumbs up:

I get it, its draft time, people latch on to guys they like and dismiss others based mostly on gut feeling and not facts.

Steel Elvis gave a fair and accurate evaluation of Alexander, this stuff you and others are spewing is baseless.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Do you care to acknowledge that Mackensie Alexander isn't even a top 10 athlete for CB in this year alone? No?

And I'm the one side stepping the issue. Have you looked at his footwork? Try independent thinking one time. It's fun.

5. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    I bring up that Alexander is 5'10". How is he going to cover 6'4 AJ Green and 6'3 Perriman?

Pray to God Josh Gordon never comes back.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, I was wondering if you ever watched him. Try having an informed, unbiased opinion, its fun.

You also made the claim that Will Fuller beat him hands down in another thread, Fuller had 2 catches for 37 yards, only 1 of those came against Alexander. Yeah, he really beat him hands down :rolleyes:

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  8. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Wow. What a great fluff piece.

Here's Jack Del Rio HC of the Raiders saying Mackenzie Alexander isn't a "clean pick" based on character issues.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...draft-pick-doesnt-fit-jack-del-rio-clean-pick

(The Raiders... you know the team you can't be a fan of or play for unless you have a jail record or at least bottled a woman in a bar fight.)

So... do you feel 5'10 Alexander is a good choice to cover a fade thrown to 6'4 AJ Green? Can you answer that or do you have more articles written presumably by college students to assert your claim that Alexander is "Darrelle Revis"?

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, are you drunk, man? Serious question, sometimes people are when they post here. You need to read that link you posted again, slower.

Yeah, I'd be comfortable with him covering AJ, I'm assuming Alexander won't have his arm duck taped to his sides before he lines up against him. I'm also assuming that not every pass will be a fade, which is difficult for any CB regardless of height to defend. I'm also assuming he's covered taller receivers in college too :shrug:

And if thats all you took away from that article I posted, not much more to say.

10. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    AJ Green said Ike Taylor was his hardest matchup. Ike did a helluva job against Green until he fell off.

Ike is 6'2 195. He was a big corner. William Jackson III is an Ike sized corner and very physical. That is the TYPE of corner you want defending these tall receivers and which the Steelers do not have.

Regardless of all the **** you are talking and you going overboard to be condescending every major draft site has Alexander falling out of the first which I didn't even check until you went on the attack. But me saying the same is "laughable."

The writer you wanted me to read? I checked his credentials... he has a degree in creative writing and writes for Sports Illustrated. Those are his credentials.

WTF does Jack Del Rio know right?

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Black hole Blast, Black hole! Time to just :facepalm: and walk away.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  12. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

13. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I"m hoping like Hell that Josh Norman signs with one of the teams ahead of us projected to take a cornerback so Willie Jackson can fall to us. That's what I'm hoping. Ideally, I'd like for Norman to sign with the Chargers on a one year deal and that would push Ramsey down meaning your pushing the run on cornerbacks down a pick or two.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    No the Black Hole is in Oakland you know the team that grabbed up Aldon Smith after he made a bomb threat to an airport. They don't want Alexander early... too much risk based on what they've been hearing about character issues.

16. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Oakland has ran away from Alexander. And all the draft heads have done the same as well. That's why you now see Alexander falling in all mocks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Should we change the title of the thread to: "Your thoughts of Mackensie Alexander?"

18. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    If we took him at 25, I'd be okay with that too. With that type of talent, the upside on his play by the end of the year would be tremendous.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Based on that article in the Boykin thread? That's quite the deductive leap.
    :lolol:
    I don't see him as a 1st round talent. I wouldn't be upset with Alexander at 25 though, if that's the kind of corner they were looking for. (I don't think I've given my opinion on that yet) 8-)

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    In the 1st, just about any player not named Billings

21. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Haha comment of the day. I'd change the title but I don't know how plus I might not be around too much longer anyways at the rate I'm pissing off mods.

:rawk:

22. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    Add a little more gas to the fire...

"A few teams have told me they graded Alexander as a third- or fourth-rounder." --- Walter Football

I guess it wasn't crazy when I said Alexander was a 3rd round pick.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016CB.php#elgEuZFuBOf0rbP5.99

23. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016

No TT, I've seen at least 6 mocks and all of them have Alexander dropping now.

24. MorrisFoster

Feb 8, 2014
    I don't see Alexander becoming a #1 corner but will be a solid #2. I feel like the Steelers need a big #1 to match up against the big #1 WRs they will play.

Eli Apple or William Jackson would be no brainers at 25 but chances are they won't drop that far. Both are 6' and very fast. Both are in the top 5 for athleticism in corners this year and long.

To be fair, just a couple months ago wasn't Alexander unanimously a 1st round pick? His pro day hurt him probably but he was coming off a leg injury.

I honestly think that Alexander's coaches are hurting his draft stock somewhat (conspiracy!). Are college coaches forthcoming about character concerns of their players so that NFL scouts take their word the next draft class out? Is it HCs talking or positional coaches who had to deal with a punk college kid?

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i have to chime in here. basing alexanders game off of his game against will fuller is not a great comparison. ND had qb trouble. clemson had a great pass rush to help alexander. i'm not saying no but in the NFL i think he could be exposed more. his zone play seems like more of a concern to me. i think there are better fits for us. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1