1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Limas Sweed Tribute Video

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by topszn6, Oct 25, 2016.

1. topszn6

topszn6 New Member

Sep 9, 2015

So I was talking with a friend of mine who is a big Texas fan and the topic of Limas Sweed being drafted high by the Steelers came up, and I suddenly had terrible flash backs of him. I searched on YouTube looking for a video compilation of his drops on the Steelers, but came across this video instead. I couldn't help but post this here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Honestly, I was afraid that M. Bryant and S. Coates could become the next versions of L. Sweed. I0m glad that they proved me wrong!

When someone talks about L. Sweed, I always remember this:

3. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The song is quite catchy - ironically enough.

I think the play nobody forgives him for is the fake injury after making the drop against Baltimore. That said, for the rest of that game he actually played well.

In two years here, he had 20 balls thrown at him. He caught 9, dropped 5; 2 were overthrown and 1 was actually a good prevention of an interception.
    http://www.footballnation.com/articles/the-legend-limas-sweed-the-nfl-receiver-who-couldnt-catch

Not great stats, and fair to say something never clicked with him here. But I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a number of factors going on with Sweed, aside from his ability or big game temperament. Didn't Arians forget he was on the team at one point?