1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Light a fire!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nafsteelers, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Nafsteelers

Nafsteelers Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    I know we played like garbage on Sunday, but maybe just maybe we needed that, I felt like we were getting to complacent at times and sometimes you need that kind of beat down to keep you humbled and on your feet. I believe this will light a fire in this team and get them to be more focus and prepared. Let's turn a negative into a positive, Go Steelers!!.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thats what head coaches are for, to motivate these players to be ready
    each and every week. Get a pulse of his team. Prepare your players to play each and every week.
    Does Bill Bellicheck have his players ready to play each and every week? Does he ever lose
    to inferior teams? Think about it. No because his teams are prepared.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Light a fire under the Offense. This will be the only way to win this contest. The Defense is what it is at this time, not very good.
    Ben will have to have an A game. But I said Ben needed to have an A game against the Eagles. D- more like it. If that happens and this O Line gets manhandled again, turn the lights out again.

4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I don't think anybody can argue with you here, absolute right.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    With what happened Sunday, I'm thinking if someone lit a fire we would just have more people on the injury list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    You watch this week,against KC I bet coach T has been in the players ears
    all week after the terrible performance put on the field last week in Philly.
    Get your team prepared to play each and every week Coach T. Is that too much to ask?

7. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    This

8. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know former players that would disagree with some of this but in this case I personally will not. I will say that is this team comes out and responds like we hope they will we can finally put to bed the fact that tomlin gets ripped for not being able to motivate his players

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    [QUOTE="Wardismvp, post: 412519, member: 246]
    Does Bill Bellicheck have his players ready to play each and every week? Does he ever lose
    to inferior teams? Think about it. No because his teams are prepared.[/QUOTE]

I take your point, but I get tired of these constant comparisons to Bellicheck.

Bellicheck is the exception, not the rule. And that's the case whether you respect his record, or put several asterisks next to it.

Perhaps someone like Pete Carroll, or Dungy, would be better comparisons to make. They strike me as being more of the 'mould' that Tomlin measures up against, well or otherwise.

10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    You all know the Steelers pay Coach T 7 million a year, don't you think
    he should have a pulse of his team each and every week? Don't you think
    he should have his players prepared each and every week? Fired up ready to hit anything that walks.
    I understand that players have responsibility also to be mentally prepared, but the head coach needs
    to reinforce preparation and the reason why all involved have to be ready to play 60 minutes. Coaches included.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ahhh, we'll just count that as our 2nd bye week. :cool:

12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Even a blind squirrel ...

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well the pats just got blanked by a weak Buffalo team. Last year they got beat by a bad Philly team. The year before they got beat up by Miami on the opening weekend then completely blown out by a weak Kansas City team... so yeah he does lose to inferior teams too.

You honestly don't remember that in 2014 people were ready to say Brady and Billichick were done because they got beat handily by two weak teams in the first 3-4 weeks of the season?

You're over thinking it here. We played awful last week. When you play awful in the NFL you lose games. It doesn't matter who you play against. It's only one game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Aren't the pats playing with their 3rd string QB ? I'm not so sure it's fair to blame Bellicheat for a choke job because they got blanked by the Bills. What team in the NFL would win with their 3rd string QB? We'd probably be lucky to win 8 games all season if Ben were out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We did last year :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you Mtd , it's like comparing apples to oranges.

17. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Nobody made excuses for us last year when we lost to the Ravens with Vick. Or the 1-5 (at the time) chiefs with Landry Jones. We won games with those guys at QB and the Pats won with Garroppolo and Brissett. It's the NFL, you don't really get to make excuses for anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Not really... did you make those same excuses for Tomlin last year when we lost to the Ravens and the (1-5) Chiefs with Landry and Vick at QB? I doubt it. It was probably Tomlins fault for having bum back ups or for not having a good enough team to win without our superstar QB. Whatever lol

Anyone can beat anyone in the NFL. I'll give that the Pats have lost less games to "inferior" teams than we have the past few years, but then again until this past year they've had much better teams than we had (those 8-8 years were due to an exodus of all our defensive talent at the same time and a lack of talent elsewhere). Sometimes it isn't all Tomlin's fault when we lose, and sometimes he should get credit when we win. Just sayin.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Well the patriots went 3-1 without Brady. They lost to the Bills who aren't exactly the 2015 Ravens. And yes everyone did say "well we don't have Ben" when we first lost to the Ravens and Chiefs. No Ben WAS a HUGE deal and people did use that as an excuse. We were 2-2 with out Ben. I think people last year were more upset that we did not have better back up QB's and the way we lost some games. Landry Jones was our 2nd best option last year. I'm guessing the Pats beat the Bills if they had their #2 QB. just sayin. Losing to the Bill's with a 3rd string QB is not anywhere in the same league as the losses we've had with and with out Ben to horribly bad teams in the last 5 years. When people list Tomlin's worst losses I don't think the losses we had with out Ben will be very high on the list. It's those other games that we had no business losing that mattered. (Bronco's, Ravens, Raiders, etc etc etc)

Tomlin got hammered for losing to the Ravens a 2nd time when they started a QB who was just signed days earlier. That loss was an embarrassment and the coaching staff was rightfully hammered for that loss. The chiefs turned out to be a damn good team last year as they didn't lose again until the playoffs. I do recall everyone saying if we had Ben we would have won. The Ravens won 5 games last season and were easily one of the worst, if not the worst team in the league. And they beat us twice. Totally different situation and outcome then the Pats going 3-1 with out Brady. To say the Pats losing to the Bills is the same as our recent pathetic record against bad teams is ridiculous. Of course every team loses games they should have won. The issue is not one or even two games. It's a annual trend that we've had for several years now...we lose to bad teams even with Ben. If Brady gets shut out against the Browns next week or Dolphins or someone like that... then yes... you can then say SEE IT EVEN HAPPENS TO THE PATRIOTS!.

The Eagle butt whooping is no big deal if we don't let it happen again. BUT if we completely lose focus and show up unprepared against teams we should beat multiple times this season then it's something different. Same goes for the Pats. If they start losing games to bad teams with Brady then we can all rejoice that Brady's career is fading or the Pats just aren't good. I'm sure the numbers back up what I'm saying. Look at the last 5 years. Compare our record against teams with losing records vs the pats record against teams with losing records. Heck compare it with any team with a pro bowl QB. Were do we rank? I'm guessing it's not good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    We were 2-2 with Jones, Mike Vick and the best RB and WR in the league. We lost to the Ravens and Chiefs. The Patriots were 3-1 with some 3rd string hack, Blount, and mediocre WR's. lost to the Bills. And they beat the Cardinals, Dolphins, and shut out the Texans. If we did not have Ben all season we would not win 8 games. I think the Patriots could easily win 8 games with out Brady.

which btw should put Ben in the top 3 for MVP this season if he stays healthy.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Amendola, Edelman and Gronk are mediocre?

Wow.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Come on man, stop. You and most everyone here think Landry is the worst BU QB ever in any universe and we all know how bad Vick played. Its more impressive we won 2 games with them than Patriots winning with Jimmy G and Brisette. Although Brisette did get exposed yesterday.

23. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Can't speak for the first two, but Gronk is just a plodding TE.
    :tongue:

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Gronkowski is a great player, no doubt. Amendola and Edelman are system players. Patriots have a great offensive system. Amendola or Edelman would struggle to beat out Eli Rogers and DHB if they were on the Steelers.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dont like jumping ahead to a pats game thats weeks down the road, my main concern is the jets this week, I hate to say it but this game has all the makings of a trap game with a desperate jets team coming here needing a win so bad they can taste it, and if we play flat this week we are in trouble......

• Agree Agree x 1