1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, he is wrong, especially the bit about benching Roethlisberger. That's not happening. It's not even in consideration, no matter how far the losing streak goes this season, unless he tells the team he's retiring after this season.

He wants to claim the Steelers won more games than they deserve last season, yet he won't consider that they lost some they should have won this year. It is a clear example of a person bending reality to fit his chosen narrative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You’re not wrong either lol

Maybe Heinz is the ultimate reverse jinxer

• Like Like x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't even think a retirement announcement would get him benched, and it doesn't look like there will be a meaningless game to rest him in a couple weeks.

4. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Vegas is a betting town -what are the odds the Raiders are still there in 10 years?

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like our chances, I hope we bring our A game the next 4 weeks, can't let down
    to anybody.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Reality is a bitter pill...

This game is what will separate them from a playoff stint or folding up shop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Here's a play I believe we will run successfully against the Raiders. We throw a WR screen pass to the best NFL WR after-the-run (#84) and have the best NFL blocking WR (#19) out in front of him blocking. Nice gain. Raiders only have an average secondary so I think this will work.

IMG_4293.JPG IMG_4295.JPG IMG_4297.JPG

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Take care of the ball and this will be the blowout it was meant to be

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    A blow out will go a long way this week, I have not felt this down in a long time. I hope they come out and blow them out.......I need it lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Terrell Edmunds is due for his biggest game of the season. If the previous three games are any indication, the game is beginning to slow down for him. For a player who just only learned the position in his final year of college, I would say that, given how the circumstances have played out, he has done well.

This next game will be a big oppurtunity for him. I would say this could be Terrell's "coming out party" of sorts. Cannot wait!

• Like Like x 1
  11. AFranco

AFranco Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Let’s be positive here people! We got this! GO STEELERS!

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Last chance for Ben to win at the Black hole since Raiders will be Las Vegas Raiders next time they play. Last Steeler QB to win in Oakland was the great Neil O'Donnell:)

We get er done!! Ravens lose and we win. Then we lose 2 in a row before winning at home against the Bungholes. Then we lose playoff game in the Burgh. Sounds about right to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The football gods will have mercy on the Steelers by moving Raiders to Nevada. Las Vegas will still be a hell on Earth for the Steelers... until proven otherwise.

14. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Were gonna Murder them Faiders!!!! The Black hole is going to be The Dooms hole!!!!!:dancing::herewego!:

15. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Playoff's? what if we do make the playoff's. How far are will would we go? Its possible we could win it all just not probable. Giving up that lead we had to San Diego was a sin. With our defense being as weak as it is , Ben's inconsistent play and poor coaching, we are doomed to another what could of been season. Sorry to be a downer, just very disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Edmunds been playing well lately

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He was fine against the Chargers, not so much against the Broncos.

• Like Like x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This was impressive.

This should have been a fumble (imo), and his tackle form was perfect not to draw a flag.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't remember seeing that particular replay. It certainly does look like Exeler caught it, took two steps and turned up field before Edmunds lit him up, which means it should have been called a fumble.

That's two close calls I thought were correct and now see otherwise. It really is amazing just how badly the officials screwed the Steelers in that game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Correct. However, against the Broncos, that was his best game statiscially of the entire season.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That just proves there is more to evaluating players than statistics, especially defensive players.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

My point exactly.

The game is beginning to slow down for him. The Broncos game was an indirect indication of that.

If that was not, Sunday against Los Angeles was. As I said, I cannot wait for tomorrow for him.

23. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I was watching a video in the Steelers app and they were talking to Rothlisberger. He was talking about his struggles in Oakland. I knew he had troubles there, but I didn’t know he’s never won there.

We should go through the Raiders like shredded cheese, but we have the ability to make an easy game incredibly hard. I don’t care if we win 50-49 as long as we win. We then need to tighten up for Patriots and the Saints. We should be able to take care of Cincinnati no matter where it’s played.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't agree with your point regarding the game in Denver. I thought the Broncos were able to confuse him and take advantage of his indecisiveness on multiple plays. I was encouraged to see a more decisive and aggressive Edmunds against the Chargers.

25. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    You’re kidding right? Blowout on the road vs... a sub .500 raiders team? What!?

Nah no way lol just don’t see it

• Agree Agree x 1