1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Bill Belichick on Ben Roethlisberger: "That’s a tough kid. I don’t’ know if he gets enough credit for all the things when he does...He's been a tremendous player."

Mike Tomlin on Tom Brady " you know, he's a quarterback, he ah, he throws the ball and tasks of that nature, he ah, he puts his team in situations where he gives them the opportunity to pass the ball in the trenches and ah, be a passing team in that scope and relm of the battle. We'll evaluate that, we'll increase our preparedness and be mindful of that fact of him being a quarterback.... we look forward to playing him again in January

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    The Steelers will win this game. This game is inconsequential for the Pats and for the Steelers. The Pats will beat the Jets and the Bills at home to secure their bye and #2 seed. The Ravens will win the division since the Steelers gave that away in Oakland. This game is meaningless except it will keep Tomlin's job.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Something doesn’t quite add up. If the Steelers win this game then there is no reason they won’t take the division.

Don’t forget that the ravens have to win out to win the division if the Steelers win two. I don’t see them beating all of Bucs, Chargers, Browns.

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Pats are discussed on this board on the daily so like you I will take the hard pas as well..

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Brady is already counting this as a win. He said on his radio show that they are going to bounce back. They are going into this game with supreme confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Why shouldn't they? Steelers have only played 2 competitive games against them since their last victory over the Patriots in 2011... and one of those games Landry Jones was QB. The rest were blowouts... and over with by mid-3rd quarter.

7. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    The Ravens do need to win out. When four games remained, it looked like the both the Ravens and the Steelers would go 3 and 1. With a half game lead, that gives the Steelers the division. However, I see the Steelers going 2 and 2, and I see the Ravens going 3 and 1 over the last four games. Three games yet to go. It's a chess match, but I believe it will shake out this way.

8. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Why do you beat yourself up with these threads?

We should be beating off defenders instead.

9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Mr Spock, you need to re-examine your logic.

This game is not inconsequential for the Pats, if they lose in Pit, and if Houston wins out, they don't get the bye, not matter what they do vs NYJ or Buff

The game is not inconsequential for Pit either. Giving the game away in Oak helps Bal, but it doesn't win them the division. They are still behind Pit, and if Pit wins vs Ne, Bal will still be behind them. However, a lose to Ne and Balt may not trail them anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Any game is winnable, riiight?? Oakland just won

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you do realize we play pats and I pretty much put up these threads vs the upcoming opponent. honestly patriots don't get my panties in a bunch

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I explained my logic regarding the Ravens. I believe they go 3 and 1 over the final four and the Steelers going 2 and 2. Houston could win out, but I find that unlikely since they shot themselves in the foot last Sunday. I believe 2 and 1 for both Houston and NE still gives the bye to NE.

13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This is just another year where I thought to myself that the Patriots had lost a step. That couldn't be further from the truth. They are once again the class of the AFC. The Chiefs look shaky to me now that Hunt is gone. I would not be surprised if they lose to both the Chargers and the Seahawks on the road. I did not come away from the Chargers game overly impressed with LA. It could be another NE Super Bowl that I refuse to watch. With Sony and Gordon now on the roster the Pats might even be better this year.

The Steelers need Conner to play if they are going to have a shot at winning this one. You can't be one dimensional when you play the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Not when the winner is "Pre-Determined". ;)

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Patriots are embarrassed. We are embarrassing. They will be trying to embarrass us even more. Patriots haven't lost back to back games in December since 2002. Let that sink in....

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    They will right the ship with this game and ride a 3 game winning streak into the playoffs where they will surprise everyone with a deep playoff run. Oh you thought I was talking about us....lol.

17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So Belichek should just rest his guys, right? Houstons gonna lose a game and Bills and Jets stink! So no problem. no need to worry about the Pit game.

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think some people might be underestimating the vengeance they are gonna come out with Sunday after the way they lost to Miami. We already showed how we respond to bad losses. We keep the streak alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

yes I do just dont care.

20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If nothing else I will have fun tailgating before hand. Hopefully I don't pull a Boswell, Charlie Brown and slip and fall on my way into the stadium.

21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes but they didn't have have Tomlin.

22. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it will be difficult for our team to stay focused even if we come out on fire. We'll deflate at the first bad thing that happens. Sucks not having Shaz to gate and spy Brady all game. I'll certainly be rooting for us but this year has shown like a rule that we'll tuck our tail and fold.

(yes those were intentional - gotta have fun somehow)

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I am sorry to hear that lol

24. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Actually, the Pats haven't lost 3-in-a-row since 2002. They've lost back to back quite a few times since then, including earlier this year when Jax and Detroit beat them in consecutive weeks. But, your point stands, the Pats will be ready for this game. They won't be taking it lightly.

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    well I care but discussing the patriots is my least favourite thing in the world lol