1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

let's play gm

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Dec 17, 2011.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    since we are up against the cap this year I am assuming that next year will be the same. Mendy and wallace are the two big ones. Who do we release or restructure to make room for them. I am worried about how much wallace will ask for. if mendy asked for to much I say let him go. I was wondering if hines and hampton may be cap casualties.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep hines and hamton are gone....we need to sell the farm if it means keeping wallace.....I think mendy is gone as well....what can he do that 20 other guys can't

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

so you think that hines and casey are gone. do you think hines will retire or try it with another team because I would hate to see that. do you know how many times we have asked him to redo his contract? I know of once

4. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Gotta keep Wallace. There are enough leaving or having to restructure. Mendenhall's value will be determined by his play the remainder of the season.

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    No question we keep Wallace over Mendy. Hines, Hampton, A. Smith, Mendy, Farrior all could be gone.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The purge will be painful for all you people that wear rose colored glasses.
    But it will benefit the Steelers in the long run. Maybe just maybe we can become a
    player in FA/ draft segment. We need to be more creative in this enviroment to stay competetive
    OG, NT,ILB, safety, QB that will be groomed for succesion to #7 if he is out there?

7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's simply amazing how we stay competitive anyway.With the same issues year in and year out.Oline issues,db issues,backup for Ben,dline getting old, and now there is an issue with who will fill the positions to make our lb corp the best in the nfl again.We only have the wr corp and te's position straight and maybe the rbs.