1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Play Football!!! Not politics

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by STEELWARRIOR, Oct 18, 2017.

1. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What is really going to get accomplished with the owners, Players, and NFL meetings that are taking place seriously!!!! Instead of concentrating on playing Football and working on making their teams better and putting a better product on the field for the hard working fans that actually pad all their bank accounts they wanna play politics. This whole ordeal is rediculous and their using the NFL stage to try and correct issues that go back decades. Until mindsets and attitudes on both sides change of the issues change will never really happen to much ignorance and anger. It's going to take time and the NFL is not going to change a culture or mindset that's been going on for ages not going to happen sorry!!!! What next????

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wouldn't your point imply not creating any more threads about this ill-conceived matter?

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I would like to see the whole Dallas team take a knee Sunday & have Jurri Jones lose by forfeit. Been hating since the 70's & still hate the Cowboys. Murica's team lol.

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Would like for the Steelers organization to not get upstaged by Jerry and his kids. Hate them or not, they handled the situation in a way that made them look professional and in control. We, on the other hand, handled it in a way that made us look like uncle Mike's pop warner team. Two of the kids picking their noses on the sideline, one chasing a butterfly, and three sharing a helmet with gum stuck in the crown. One is wearing a cup and it's turned upside down. Another is wearing chuck taylors and keeps face planting in the mud.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Enforced nationalism is a slippery & dangerous slope.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I just talked to two old friends that are (were) Steelers fans and got halfway shunned by them because I still watch the games. It kind of threw me for a loop how serious folks are about this.
    I'm diehard so stupid $hit won't keep me from watching.

7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'll still watch, but my spending habits have changed dramatically.

The government has never created a job or made a penny. That's across party lines. Our taxes pay for everything the government does and pay every penny of salary/wage. So when the NFL begins catering to the government and playing politics, I and many others begin distancing ourselves.

When the Rooneys publicly took a political side and flaunted it in our faces, I lost immeasurable respect for them and for the organization as a whole.

I'll continue to watch the black and gold on Sundays for as long as I can stomach the political climate. Once I can't stomach it anymore, I'll stop watching all together.