1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's have some fun this thread is sick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NecessaryRoughness, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Bruce Arians

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Roger Goodell

100.0%
  1. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    (Thanks to Lady Gaga for the thread title, insipred by her song Lovegame. No, I don't like her, but I do know women.)

Don't take too seriously the question that I'm asking. It's just for funsies. (After all, Bruce at least occasionally calls a good game, and when BA ball works, damn it's fun!)

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    BA is only ruining part of one team, not 32...

3. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I disagree with BA's playcalling a lot. There are SOME positives to him though.

However, the undying hatred I feel towards Roger Goodell cannot be matched by any man on Earth. His name alone just gets my blood boiling. Roger Goodell. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

4. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :this!: :dancing:

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    i'd still rather Ariens gone because there are so many things he needs to change. As I can remember the only thing I want Goodell to change is to stop making an example of our team.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would fire Ariens without a doubt.

Ariens has ruined the Pittsburgh Steelers that I grew up watching. When we can't even get 1 yard at the goal line in 4 attempts against the Cleveland Stains, that's just embarrasing and shameful. That's not the Pittsburgh Steelers team I grew up watching and loving. This is some other team that can't run and can't pass on a consistent basis either. We're a disgraceful offensive football team and if it wasn't for our players overcome the worst coaching I've ever seen, we wouldn't have a hope in hell of even competing.

I hate Ariens so much that if he was fire and Ben complained, I'd ship Ben's ass out of town too.

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't even have to think about this one. As much as I cringe with some of BA's play calling and wouldn't miss him, I'd much rather see Goodell gone. The NFL as a whole, and thus the Steelers as well, would be better off without him.

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Reading this you would never know that the Steelers have been in 2 of the last 4 Super Bowls and won one of them.

Go figure.

10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We've gotten there in spite of Arians not as a result of him.

Btw, I hate Goodell :flag:

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Is this a question?!?!
    Goodell, FIRST, followed by BA, approximately a millisecond later! ;)

12. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Well, no, it's about having some fun because I have a Lady Gaga song stuck in my head.

I never explicitly gave my answer. Arians can call some good stuff. It's the inconsistency that bothers me, and I think that it would be great if Norv Turner took over as our OC. To answer my question, I will use some of our new smilies.

:godell: :goodell:

13. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My take on Arians can be related to many analogies but I am going to choose TV/play/Movie production.
    In Tv/play/Movie production you generally have a set of writers who write the story /script.
    You then have director who interprets the script and organizes it into meaning full scenes.
    Then of course you have the actors who follow the script + directors take + their own take on the character.

Arians is a writer, I've seen him create *some* plays that are drawn up really well and just need good execution. However is far from the best writer, his talent in this area is good enough.

As a Director, BA stinks from high hell. He is terrible at situational footbal. He is terrible at organizing scenes (game plans). Hell even Tomlin is a terrible director (see clock management) and to me it rubs off onto their players. The team in general is extremely poor in this area.

To be an offensive coordinator in the NFL I believe you need to have both the writing (play creation) skill and the Director's skills. Arians is marginally ok in one and AWFUL in the other. I see a lot of Steeler fans get confused by the hate for Bruce Arians. He draws up some nice plays that when executed correctly make him look smart. However the downside is these plays have a low percentage and he will consistently call low percentage plays in situations that require some brains.

To Clarify If I had to grade BA on his skills:
    Play Creation / Selection Passing: C
    Play Creation / Selection Running: F
    Play calling: F
    Personnel usage: F

He fails in almost every category but people are willing to cling to his average passing pay calls because our plays execute well.

14. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Dude, there is a league of LB's and some damn good ones who play near, at, and sometimes above his level who don't get fined, penalty yards against their teams or suspensions imposed on them. Shoot there is even one on the other side of our line. If they can do it and not have goodell come down on them so can he.

Ariens on the other hand does stuff a few times every game that adversely affects us. I think everyone is acting on emotion from this event. I'll wait until monday night/tues to see where this poll is then.

I don't want to hear this stuff about how he has good plays drawn up. So do all the NFL teams. He probably inherited most of his playbook once he got here. It's his execution and play calling that suck. that's where we need him most. You can get great plays from watching other teams highlights from the last ten years and just copy them with different names.

15. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    God is bad for the NFL(I keep refering to him as that because that is what he thinks he is!!)

BA is just bad for the STEELERS

16. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Like others who have posted before me (thank you, my ancestors!), even though my disdain for BA is strong, this was a no-brainer for me; Fire Goodell!

17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Goodell has watered down the NFL. Sissified the game. Castrated defenses (not just ours). Unfairly targetted certain individuals over either personal dislike, team affiliation, or just because he CAN, yet let others with arguably worse infractions slide. Placed so much emphasis and nitpicking on the letter of the law for penalties that are subjective at best, that now refs can single handedly influence the outcome of the game.. and not be held accountable.

Claims he's all about player safety, but doesn't care if an offensive player hits someone with his helmet (unless it's Hines Ward), doesn't care that offensive players go at defensive players knees while they're engaged (but that's not cool for a QB to be hit there... unless he's Ben), seems to be ok with multiple infractions by players PUNCHING and fighting, but a LB who's been clean for 20 weeks gets a slight H2H contact that doesn't truly appear to be intentional? SUSPEND HIM!!! Drug dealers? Meh, we'll let that slide.

Is there any question?

Goodell should be fired... out of a cannon... through a plate glass wall... through a blazing napalm field... into a vat of acid.

18. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    :applaud:

19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Exactly : :godell: :godell: :godell:

20. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I voted for BA, because his firing would have the most immediate impact on getting the team in a better position. I'd love to see Goodell go too, but to me, the priority has to be who has the greatest impact on how the team plays.

21. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeeup! :this!: :drinks:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This is a trick question right? No brainer, :goodell: :godell:

FIRE ROGER GOODELL IMMEDIATELY!

Seriously, wtf, Goodell is destroying the game of football and BA slows our offense down (depending on who you ask) but yet we are still 10 - 3 and 2 SB under our belt with him. This is a choice? :scratch: Oh, and a lot of us might not like BA because of his play calling but Goodell has been far more damaging to our defense.

23. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Roger GOtohELL should be castrated so he can't pollute the gene pool anymore.

24. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    How about BA carrying Goodfornothingdell's bags! Don't let the door hit ya in the arse!!! :noose:

25. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    :goodpost: :amen: