1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LET'S GO PENS!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 13, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Shoot! Rangers goalie sure has come alive. Made some big saves last night.

Sure the hell don't want TB winning again. Don't want the Rangers so viva la Oilers!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm rooting for Colorado. Don't want to see TB three-peat. Hate the stinkin' Rangers. I honestly believe Edmonton does not have the goal tending. Mike Smith is a head case. He'll stop 30 shots, then let in three out of the next four. I still think TB are the favorites, because they have the experience, the goaltending and they can score and skate with anyone. But Colorado is the one team I think that can take them down.

3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I know it's just one game but NYR must have had quite a team meeting after being down 3-1 to us. Sure the hell can't count the TBL out after 1 game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Colorado looks unstoppable. If memory serves they won the Cup their very first year in existence moving from some Canadian city.

5. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Yep, from Quebec. They had Eric Lindros to thank for that. Quebec had the first overall pick, Lindros said he wouldn't play for them, so they made a monster trade with Philly. The rest is history. Like this team, that team was loaded.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm guessing I was a Quebec person I'd have been pissed as hell them moving and winning the Cup. Damn LV Knights almost won it all in their first year of existence. I was happy for MAF.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Rangers are done, finally. You have to be able to score 5 v 5, you can't depend on the PP as a strategy. Shesterkin held them in through the Carolina series and at times against Tampa Bay. The Rangers lived and died all season with their power play and goaltending, and it finally caught up with them. The Stanley Cup Playoffs will magnify every weakness. If the Pens would have had Jarry or even DeSmith, I think they beat the Rangers. However, I think they would have lost to Carolina.

Should be an entertaining SCF. Two good skating teams that both have some grit and toughness in their respective line-ups. TB could get Brayden Point back and it would be a huge lift as he's led the team the last two years in playoff goals. You have to give Colorado the edge in overall speed, but TB gets the nod in net and overall playoff experience. My guess is the Bolts in 7.

8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Colorado having an easy run at Cup.

9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hell of a SC game last night.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well they locked up Letang until he is ready retire. Looks like Malkin and Hextal are going to have to find common ground or else the core will finally be broken up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hextal swoops in at the last moment and keeps the core together for one last hurrah. Way to go Ron.

This is what a captain and leader does.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1