1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let there be a HUGE chip on the shoulders!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerFanInKC, Dec 13, 2011.

1. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    With the suspension of Harrison, I can only hope that the defense plays the game against the 49ers with a HUGE chip on their collective shoulders! :dfense:

2. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I don't want them to overcompensate. There's no need to be super aggressive and draw additional penalties, but a bunch of sacks and not many points allowed would be nice.

3. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I agree....don't do anything stupid of course, but just play the whole "us" against the world card and pay special attention to detail and hopefully they lay a defensive beatdown much like the Ravens did to them on Thanksgiving night!

4. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I was watching the Monday night pre-game on espn and learned a surprising fact. The most shutouts on MNF is held by the Seahawks with Five. Tom Jackson guessed that the Steelers would have the most, but I don't remember if they had four or three. Lets add another this Monday and show the league that even without one of the best LBs in the league, the Steelers are still a great defense. I'm afraid this is one of the only ways that the Steelers can really stick it to the commish without garnering more negative attention

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I posted this in a different thread.

...I hope the team comes out like mad dogs against the 9ers and play lights out. This team needs something to rally around for sure.

I feel like they sort of lost their identity a bit also. I don't think they are feared on any level anymore. Maybe this wakes them up emotionally and they come out like bullies.

6. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think that was the whole point of the new rules... now teams are thinking..."The Steelers can't hit us, anymore..."

7. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    The problem with sacks is it's to easy to draw a penalty . (At least for us especially now)

8. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    So do you suggest the Steelers no longer try to sack the opponents QB?

I suppose they could just let them run around, play 10 men in the defensive backfield, wait untill they cross the line of scrimmage due to triple coverage on all receivers, then spear them in the chin. Just might work.

9. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011

:lol: Maybe that'll get the leagues attention J/K of course. No I'm not suggesting that I'm just sayin' they have to heed to the new pansy rules

10. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    That would be funny though!!!

11. NecessaryRoughness

Nov 15, 2011
    Fair enough.

Defensively, let's get a shutout and that's it: no takeaways, no sacks.

By the way, I loved your "Goodell Sucks" smilie and I stuck it in my "Recap" thread. Would you mind if I sigged it?

12. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    So you don't want our defense to have any sacks or takeaways?

13. NecessaryRoughness

Nov 15, 2011
    No, I want us to annihilate our oppenents because that's how we prevent them from scoring, but if we don't allow a single point, I wouldn't care how we did it.

If we get a sack, maybe they'll discipline Keisel for hitting Smith too hard. If we get a takeaway, maybe it's because Clark popped a receiver and the ball flew up into the air. We can't risk that. /sarcasm

14. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Would you mind if I sigged it?

Be my guest!