1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let it snow, let it snow.................

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Dec 17, 2020.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    How's everyone in the northeast doing out there, including our fearless leader TTF? Is the media just running with this to avoid other current events or is this really a big deal? Only had about an inch of snow this past week here at 5000 ft at the base of the California Sierras. Last year around this time already had collected about 2 1/2 ft of the white stuff 230 miles south in the Mojave Desert in two big storms.

Please stay safe everyone, especially if traveling for the Holidays (if that's even allowed).

snow 12-26-19.jpg
    December 2019 - Mojave Desert

• Like Like x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What is this "snow" that you speak of?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm in Ohio. We have a little bit of snow, and after a couple of days, it's finally sticking. But it's not really a lot at this point.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We got a foot here in CT. No big deal. I know some folks in the Binghamton, NY area, and they got around 40". I experienced that once in 2013, and I never want to see it again. It took me 13 hours to clear my driveway, and it was days before my road was passable.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks for the update. Stay warm and thirsty my friend. :drinks:

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I spent two weeks hunting in the Allegheny National Forest a couple hours north of Pittsburgh and on Tuesday Dec. 1st we got 14 inches of heavy wet snow. My son's camp has a 75 foot open grate bridge across a ravine and there are no sides. I have an old Ford F-150 which is lifted and I don't mind telling you that even though I knew there was bridge on the other side of these limbs, driving through this completely blind was a bit hairy!

These limbs are normally 15 feet off the bridge surface.

upload_2020-12-23_8-55-47.png

• Like Like x 1