1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let Bell walk, say hello to Josh Adams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017

We might be able to get him in the 2nd round.

Save us about $14 million off the cap.

He has better long speed than Bell does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    ND fan here but Ill pass. He's not a pass catching RB and benefited from a great line. He ran through holes a tank could fit through.

If they are going to lose Bell, need to replace him with a similar talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Then you know more about this guy than I do. Even if he isn't a good pass catcher, he can ball. There are at least 10 other backs I'd like in the 2-3 round if not this guy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    What makes you think Conner can't do the job?

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If we can afford Bell for a few more years, I would like to keep him. I used to think different, but the offense clicks better with him playing. IMO, especially so against teams with strong pass rush, Bell is excellent hot read.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Just watch his style; it is not conducive to a long or productive career in the NFL.

Most of his successful runs at PITT were
    where he busts through holes not getting touched. When he did make contact and ran someone over, they were not guys
    the size or power of NFL players. That was my theory before he played one snap in the NFL, then, once he did, I was
    further convince his style will get him hurt a lot. If you try to chuck NFL players, other than maybe CBs, you better be
    the size and strength of Earl Campbell, except no one is Earl Campbell.

It seemed like every other carry last year, after his rush, be came up looking dinged. The Rooneys over-valued him because of his
    story and he is from the area. They drafted this kid too early.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So he has better long speed great, hows his pass catching, oh wait that was addressed :facepalm: I am all for options to replace Bell but how do you post something not knowing about the guy other that he has better long speed? Again I will say this #1 WE HAVE THE MONEY, #2 what makes you think it it as easy as to say draft this guy or sign that guy? Bell does so much not just running but catching, blocking and blocking and sneaking out when he know Ben needs him. Ben loves Bell and that is why Bell is used so much and you want to just throw that relationship away cause of money? Let's see how this plays out, if Bell is a greedy SOB I will be the first to get on here and tear him down. Let's see what the Steelers offer and what Bell accepts or don't before we are ready to throw away a very special player in the NFL....more important on this team.

You want to watch a guy to replace watch Rashaad Penny, not a lot of good write ups on him when it comes to catching the ball but what I have seen from him he looked pretty impressive. Jordan Chunn and Kalen Ballage are also a couple nice looking guys that fit our system more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    look, bell is special. do I want to pay him that much? no. that being said. if he is in the league, I want him in black and gold. would hate to see him in Baltimore or with pats. no rookie or anyone in this class can compare. guice, the 2 cats from Georgia, or Kelly from Tennessee. they will all be great nfl backs. they will not be bell and I hate admitting that

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I feel the same way, I have been the biggest voice for Bell around here but I would rather not pay him that much but if someones gonna it might as well be us cause he is a darn good back and the chemistry the offense has with him is pretty darn good. Could it be replaced I am sure it could but why chance it with Ben being so close to the end? If Ben had 5-8 more years I think I would feel different but we are in a window where the next 2 years we could win it all. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. I just dont see one guy being able to replace him. It will take 2. Conner if he comes back healthy, is a good backup

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed and maybe 3 and that is a thing that I don't like. If we have a a guy who is more of a runner and one who is more of a catcher I feel it tips our hand to the defense. With Bell the defense has no clue if we are running or passing. Also Bell has to be accounted for on every play just like AB leaving guys like Juju and MB to feast. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers have at least a couple more years of Big Ben in his productive state. They will need to figure out a way to keep the talent they have for that long and try to get one more title. Because once Big Ben is gone, unless we get Seattle Seahawk lucky, we will be losing more than winning. Especially with a C- coach.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No to Adams in the 2nd, we need defense with those first 3 picks IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I see your point but don't the Steelers have plenty of guys who can catch the ball. I would prefer to see the TE position utilized more and have the RB stay in the backfield to block or used as a decoy. I just prefer to see the ball dumped off to someone with more speed. Just my 2 cents. Flame suit on.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I prefer to wait until the fifth round to draft a RB, they have two picks in the 5th maybe Ballage, Penny, or Freeman will still be on the board,

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I screamed this last year and I will scream it again. Heck even if we do sign Bell I would like a 5th 6th rounder with Bells skill set, we already have Conner if we want a more bashing ball control type. jmo

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed and I love all three of them names you mentioned also another name I like is Jordan Chunn maybe a 6th or later type guy. I haven't spent to much time on RB's as ILB and S have my focus right now.

18. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I love bell but in case you dont remember we would have beat a real good denver team in denver without bell and brown if toussant holds on to the ball..... We will get by without Bell

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Perfect so let's not sign Bell and let's trade AB and let's over spend that money on defense since we could have beaten Denver without either........also let's not forget why we lost that Denver game, no Bell to hold the ball at the end of the game. You can say we almost won the game but in the end the person replacing the guy you want to move on from cost us the game.....just sayin

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I heard we are getting rid of Ben, Brown, Pouncey, decastro, heyward, Mitchell, haden, and Bryant just so we can pay Bell 150 million a year lol

" I love the black and gold, they treat me with respect, They offered a hundy fitty and I came here to collect. I may not be as shifty, I may not be as fast, that's ok my homey just think of me in the past. My rap game is so killer and my rhymes make you flip, I be spittin as I pass you it might make you slip. I have these awesome cornrolls you know I am for real, and if you don't like em I still got 150 mil. hey check it, hey , hey ,hey ,hey, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah*forgot lyrics* yeah yeah hey hey hey hye hey ey ey ey

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  21. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    You don't have to always replace one guy with just one guy; we might need to sign a FA and draft a RB to fill the hole Bell creates from leaving. We could sign a Dion Lewis and draft a Chubb or Freeman.

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    If they let Bell walk a running back will be one of the first 3 picks

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Rap Giant...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell isn't going anywhere, so it's a moot point :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Agree to a point!You only get so many chances at a Super Bowl (unless you’re the Patriots)and the next two or three years with Ben at the helm and the talent we have on offense are probably the best shot we’ll have for a while.You just can’t let the best all around back in the league walk without getting nothing for him!The Steelers are not going to pay him what he’s asking for as there has to be give and take in any negotiating process.If Bell doesn’t budge we franchise him again!Our first three picks need to be on the defensive side of the ball as it’s obviously a glaring weakness!We’re knocking at the door even with that weakness.No way we let Bell walk this year as we are too close!Don’t agree with you about the C- minus on Tomlin though as I’ll up that to a B to B-.