1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Legursky Takes Kemo's Spot Vs KC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 23, 2011.

1. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree w/ those who are clamoring for a guard 1st round next year. I still can't believe we didn't get Pouncey last draft. If we have to move up a bit to get the top guard it might be worth it.

2. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought Legs did a decent job at that spot before he got hurt. It's nice that we have some healthy depth now (understand depth is kind of a relative word for our oline).

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They didn't draft Mike Pouncey because he wanted to play center like his brother and the Dolphins reached on him. Had he been there I still don't think they Steelers draft him in the first round.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I love how the only good thing people have to say about Kemo is that he is the best linemen they have at pulling. So he basically has one skill and that makes him worthy of getting a hat on game day? THis will in no way impact the run game without having Kemo's wonderful skill of being the pulling guard because if they straight up downhill run block like they have in several games this year the holes will be there. IF they try telegraphed pitch outs, zone trap blocking and the rest of the bs schemes that have been forced on them since BA took over then it won't matter if it is Legs or Kemo because it won't work. I think against Hali they will need to work the draws and the screens but since they didn't against Suggs chances are they wont this game either.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Oh I do. And we'd have been better for it. Mike would have played guard and been happy to.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They both stink, OG should be a prority in the draft or FA.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'd like to see a good vet brought in. :cool:

8. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thank you..my thoughts exactly

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    who ?

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    next year. :cool:

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Offensive Coordinator Bruce Arians

Does the fact that Doug Legursky is starting on Sunday have anything to do with Chris Kemoeatu’s health?
    A little bit. They both have kind of swapped that out for a month. Doug is healthy. Doug played extremely well when he was in there. Chris has not played poorly. We just have some good depth now for the first time in a long time. It’s not a benching as much as it is putting Doug back in. Chris has played extremely well.
    :blink:

I don't expect BA to go out there and rip his players in the press, but let's be honest, he has not played extremely well.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If BA actually believes the crap he says... even just a little bit, then he is more clueless than I thought.