1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Legion

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Feb 14, 2017.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Anyone watching this? Chapter one was captivating.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't watch it but I've heard that it was actually awesome. You wanna hear something really sad though? X-23 is my favorite X-Men character. Well about a year or so ago I decided to start thinning out my comic book collection because eventually when you have thousands of comics you just run out of space. So the first appearance of her in NYX 3 has really skyrocketed and I wound up selling mine for $225 to a dude on ebay. THEN when they decide to make Old Man Logan, which is VERRRRRRRY loosely based on the Mark Millar series which ruled super hardcore, they have now put her in it and the general population will probably realize how awesome she is and will start seeking that comic and be willing to pay a lot dang more than $225. Sigh...............................:facepalm:

3. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Ouch, dude. So, you're like a mega collector then? The show is definitely worth watching. I have to say that I didn't know what the show was going to be like. I thought Legion was in the X-Men universe, but I wasn't positive. From a cinematic standpoint, it was strange and unique (in a good way). I'm glad it's a story line I know little about.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My brother who is 60, collected comics his whole life, as a kid he had a lot of #1s and early early prints of everything. He came home from school one day to find out my dad threw them all out when cleaning the garage. Can only imagine what they would be worth now or how much that must kill my brother now :lolol:

Myself and my other brother also collected, we literally had at least 15,000 comics between us, boxes and boxes of those one that hold 500 a clip. We used to dream about opening a comic books store with all those.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I can't get enough of this show. It's weird and wonderful.