1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LeGarrette Blount Released

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 18, 2014.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Sometimes the writing is on the wall.

Although, sometimes there is also jelly on the wall. But that is irrelevant.

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    No worries, as good of a head Blunt has on him.... he'll be sitting next to Jonas Gray before you know it.

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know. I think Blount has been humbled a bit. Plus he seems happy in NE and he knows how strict Belichek is, so I would be surprised if he screws up there. I have a feeling he's going to be a really good player for him. We still had to cut him though, he was apparently a problem in the locker room and it doesn't seem like Tomlin has a grip on the team like Belichek does (although I'm not convinced any other coach does either). It wasn't the right decision, it was the only decision.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bellichick isn't immune to locker room problems, Moss messed up his pretty bad. I think Blount probably shook it up too for them to let him walk.

5. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody is immune, but he rules with an iron fist and it seems to work. Not everyone can pull it off. Mike Shanahan tried with Haynesworth and RG3 and it didn't work out for him. Anyway, my two points are that I think Blount will thrive there and that Tomlin made the right call by cutting him regardless of what Blount does in the future

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This is one my favourite posts of all time.

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    SNOT FUNNY

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I heard Craig Wolfley said there were rumors he wanted out for a while... So it sounds like it was well known. The interesting thing is what has his or his agent's contact been like with the Patriots before he got cut, was there any talk saying "hey, get yourself thrown off the Steelers, well give you a more carries here in NE". Patriots could have resigned him before the season and they didn't, but now they'll take him, what gives?

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I definitely think that there is more to the story. There was something going on in the locker room and Blount walking off of the field was just the result. Up until the Tennessee game he was averaging almost 7 carries a game. He got 5 against the Jets the week before. Against the Titans...zero. Something was going on behind closed doors. He was in the doghouse and being punish during the Titans game.

10. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    For all those thinking this is come conspiracy theory, remember, the Patriots didn't claim him off waivers. Any other team in the league could have claimed him but didn't. If the Pats wanted him that bad, they would have claimed him but they didn't.

11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Im not suggesting conspiracy theory. No way. But I think that he's probably been a locker room issue for some time now and no one outside of it knew. Very telling that he got 0 carries. That's not an accident.

More like Tomlin sending a message, and Blount saying "F-U"

12. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Every time I see that picture of Blount in the pats hoodie it makes me think of that song "liar" by Henry Rollins (rollins band).

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I dont see why everyone is pissed at blount, he didnt want to be here, and now he is gone.. aparently the coaches wasnt gona use him anyway .. If i rem correct everyone/most was calling for him to play against the TEnn game.. If you want to be pissed at someone be pissed at Tomlin for not being a verry good coach

14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bill sent the same message to Gray yesterday. I think Tomlin done the right thing in letting Blount go. He's not NEAR the player that Bell is and Bell flat out showed that he can carry the load in the TN game.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't say it was from Bouchette, it was something I saw on the internet I forgot what site it was.

16. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
  17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    This reminds me of that episode of The Office where Jim lets Michael fall in the Koi Pond. LOL! Blount is seriously a headcase. It's hard to tell from that video if he really tried to push him down or not but it sorta looks like he did. I notice Tomlin starts walking over toward them and I would like for the video to go on a little longer to see what happens right after that. Haley is not the kind of guy that would just stand there and take that crap from that thug. Haley is a lot of things but a pushover is not one of them.

18. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    It does make me wonder why in the hell the Pats would take him back.

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Bill can seriously line guys out pretty good. Except for Hernandez of course. Although I don't think any coach could have stopped that. What I've always thought about Bill is that he can use ANYone that has just a LITTLE bit of talent. But the literal second that he sees that talent diminish they are gone and he doesn't care how they like it. Most people consider that heartless but if you look at what hes accomplished it's hard to argue with him. If Blount so much as loses a single step he will drop him like a bad habit and it will truly be the next man up. I think that's why the pats don't have a lot of superstars is because those diva types don't want to be coached. I think Bill feels he can get more miles out of someone that's willing to play HIS game instead of "their game". Just my theory.

20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i think your right. BB will take any talent, get it as cheap as possible, and when it no longer is worth it, they're gone.

too-many people here want players to 'retire as Steelers' that's nice, that's fine. but there is a hidden cost to it:: you keep guys beyond their expiration date.

21. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Sad, but true.

22. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Not that it matters but they actually offered Blount a deal during FA and he chose to sign with the Steelers instead.

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what I was thinking.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I didn't say you did. I'm telling you it was.