1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LeGarrette Blount Released

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 18, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That is hilarious. I bet if the pats lose someone will rip off Bill's mask to reveal the fact that George Bush was coaching them and he will then get blamed for the loss. LOL.

3. tarheelsteel

tarheelsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is what I was going to say too. It's funny that after complaining about not getting many carries he goes back to the Pats, who, for the first time in forever it seems actually do have a good backfield with Gray right now. Talk about a team that won't stand it if he starts pouting about not getting carries. I am honestly not sure how much of a difference he makes for them on the field I just hope he goes in there and makes a big stink and messes things up a little bit.

4. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by Chainmover1 [​IMG] When did he actually leave the field? Somehow I missed this.

blountforcetrauma said"
    I was thinking the same thing. I was sitting behind their bench but I was on the opposite end of the field. If I had been on the other 20 I probably would have seen him do it. I always like to watch the sidelines while I'm at games to see how well people communicate and things like that. There was a while the other night where the sidelines looked pretty dang deflated actually. I will say that Munchak was spending a lot of time coaching up that line though and actually, I don't know if this was mentioned in the broadcast, but the Titans actually did a little tribute to Munch on their titantron. They just showed some pictures of him and said "welcome back". I don't THINK it was meant to be sarcastic but I could be wrong. It's rare for me to be wrong but I mean it COULD happen. LOL.

----Gerry Dulac: First that I recall. And, for the record, none of us in the press box saw him leave early. And, least, nobody that I'm aware of. And, for the record, he left the field right before the last kneel-down.

-----And so did millions of others. So there was now no chance he could possibly be of any help in winning the game, so there goes the selfish angle.

What I now am speculating on was the action "his release" was a foregone conclusion probably even before this game. Blount probably was leaving period. He took this opportunity to leave saying something like "That's about it. I've had it with these hypocritical two faced forked tongued -------'s.

Frankly, he may have had a point. Who knows?

My opinion on this entire incident. Even though the result was inevitable, I didn't care for the way it was handled by either party.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If he left right before the final kneel down, he takes the quickest shower and dresses faster than any human being on earth, considering he was dressed before everyone else got back there. It's possible he didn't shower since they didn't use his sorry ass at all.

Good riddance to him, hope it blows up in the Patriots face for rewarding bad behavior.

6. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope you're right. But somehow the Patriots always end up smelling like roses no matter how much dog doo they step in.

7. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Yep ... should've suspended him before releasing him. We just rewarded him for acting up.

8. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I suspect this was a joke (sans green font) but that probably would have tied their hands in terms of bringing in a replacement. I presume suspended players still count against the 53.

9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Its funny how people criticize Tomlin for being a horrible coach, but when he finally does something right...immediately releasing a problem and locker room cancer... the FMTI crowd is all over him for releasing Blount and not suspending him.

Talk about a no-win situation.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Noticed that too, huh.

11. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    This is not an issue I mentioned after the fact ... http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/s...ecome-a-cancer&p=264542&viewfull=1#post264542

12. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    With all due respect to the guy we signed off the practice squad ... if Bell goes down, we're going 4 wide and throwing on every down.

13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I absolutely think Tomlin did the right thing (or whomever else wants credit) it cutting Blount.

14. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    It is a no-win situation really. Everyone got screwed on this except for the patriots. And that's the part that pisses me off even more. If there was a way to mitigate that part of it, that would have been ideal in this situation. Not bashing on Tomlin as something had to be done, but just thinking out loud if there was any other option to remove him from the locker room without the patriots benefiting from this.

15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    To help put things into perspective, Blount had two games last year with over 100 yards rushing, one was Indy in the playoffs and the other was Buffalo in Week 17...... and since Indy just gave up 199 to an unknown.... you can assume their rush D sucks. The Pats picking Blount up won't help them much, nothing to worry about.

16. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

Factoring in how the Patriots could potentially benefit from releasing Blount and making that part of a decision about what's best for your team is the pinnacle of incompetence.

If Tomlin does suspend him, then for how long? Im sure you can't willy nilly hand out suspensions before the Union gets involved. Deactivating isn't an option either as, just with suspending him, the distraction is still there. Every week you and your players are going to be questioned about Blount. What if Bell is injured or he struggles while Blount is suspended/deactivated? The questions amplify. What about guys in the locker room who are close to him and he's got their ear? Didn't Mitchell already kinda defend him? More questions. BIGGER DISTRACTION. And if the Steelers struggle down the stretch and miss the playoffs....? The FMTI crowd is crucifying him for being soft and not making the tough decision on Blount and potentially losing the locker room.

You take care of your house first and foremost and let the cards fall where they may.

17. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Pinnacle of incompetence eh? I call it forward thinking; to know there is a chance you will face a team who now has a player with intimate knowledge of the Steelers offense. I didn't say I knew the answer or if there were other options out there, but sure, we'll go with "pinnacle of incompetence".:rolleyes:

18. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    It's a little amusing to worry about this team and distractions. This team get distracted by passing clouds.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm: The Patriots are the last team I expected Blount to sign with, they can have him. He will still be splitting carries with 2 other RBs, so he won't be happy with the Patriots either.

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We can only hope that he misses a blocking assignment and gets Marsha mangled. Now that would be poetic justice....

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I really don't think Hoodie needs to pilfer our players to figure out how to game plan us.

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I saw on FB where he said he was sorry, to the Steelers and to the Steeler Nation, for his actions.( walking off the field)

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So he gets rewarded with a possible long trip into the Playoffs.
    Doesn't seem right.

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    meh, he can stick it where the sun don't shine.

25. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Bet he didn't stop token up.