1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le’Veon: I’m gonna show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    On another side note...Check out Chestios latest dip**** social media babble

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yes he's as good as gone the end of the year. Reports are Gase wasn't all that crazy about the deal to begin with bringing him on board. The jets replacing their GM shortly after his signing coupled with Bell's poor performance almost guarantees it IMO.

I don't believe Bell ever bounces back to be the same player he was.

3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Hypothetical, but I believe despite injury or suspension Bell would have continued to do well with the Steelers if he did not take the year off.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sure the Jets take a dead-money cap hit if they trade Bell or if they cut him. I don't know the numbers. I am also unsure just how much financial burden a new team would take on in a trade. That part makes me wonder just how much of a market there will be for Bell given how little he has produced this season.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I got the impression the Jets were the only team interested the last time? Who would trade now?

6. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    :facepalm:

Somebody needs to remind him that Roethlisberger wasn't facing any criminal charges when the league suspended him, either, and that happened long before the #MeToo movement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Dude was literally just on there yesterday apologizing profusely to everyone, about everything smh...Called Mayock a Cracker, Kraft something about a happy ending...Then this...

He is totally whacked!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Probably not the Bell cow that he was. He could still do some damage in the right system imo. Still as good as Gurley w/o the speed.

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Was the rumors that the Jets tried to unload him at the trade deadline true? Probably asking too much & could lower their asking price if Bell & Gase continue to butt heads.

11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    And the apology and today's rant were written so differently...It was like it was almost like 2 different people wrote them ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Oh, I'm sure the apology was written for him, but that is so far down on my list of issues with what Bell does.

13. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

I would be 100% down for this. Look at some point in all of our lives we make questionable decisions. Who are any of us to say what Bell did was right, wrong, or indifferent. I admit I have even criticized Bell. However, he did not do anywhere near the verbal damage that AB did. And as I just turned on the computer I just saw this about Brown (see link below).

It is really a shame to whatever happened to AB. I stated a few months ago that I would take both back but each would have to pass a very stringent psychological evaluation. And I mean a very rigorous one, especially AB. I just do not know where all of his hatred is coming from especially towards Ben from AB. Because Ben called him out on the radio and at practice. I get it. Not cool. Especially on the radio.

However, their differences could have been worked out someway. My favorite expression when people say something is impossible is: "We sent a man to the Moon". If we could do that unbelievable feat then the AB and Bell situations could have been worked out here in Pittsburgh. Maybe, I am in the minority here, maybe I need a psychological evaluation (smile), maybe it is just wishful thinking I really do miss both them. They were special. I mean "HOF Special". At least Bell is getting a paycheck but AB, I just keep shaking my head.

Sorry boss to drag AB into your Bell post but I always view them as attached at the hip. If we still had them, even minus Ben, we are soooo much better. I guess I just have to move on from them both. I still think that your Vet Minimum idea might work. Also, working with youth for 40+ years I have done a lot of Mediation. I just feel like I could help out in someway. This is not an impossible task for both B and B. Take care my friend.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/201...elers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-calls-nfl-racist/

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Bell will not sign anywhere at the minimum. Some guys might be humbled by being cut, but I can't see Bell being one of them.

This all assumes the Jets can't trade him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I mean when they originally signed him, they were the only team. It only got worse by the trade deadline. And will be even worse at end of season at this rate. To trade him, they may have to toss in a draft choice and pay most of his salary.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

They can both stay far far away... over the both of them I am.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Yes, they did try but nobody wanted the contract. There was interest but every team wanted him to take less and he already said he isn't taking less.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    E. Sanders has done pretty well for himself outside of Pittsburgh.

19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The flu bowling incident may have been a bad look for Bell. But it was the team's decision to sit him and keep him away from the squad. Sounds like he was willing to play. They told him not to play on Sunday, not that he had to sit at home sipping chicken soup. Too much drama over that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey BK99.

Well, if the moron had stayed in Pittsburgh, and not self-created this disastrous situation for himself, he would be sitting pretty right now. He was full of baloney with his re-setting the market value for a "dual-threat" player. He had a fair offer from Pittsburgh. a potential HOF career ahead of him, and ideal offense that understood and executed to his style of play, what more could he of asked for. like I said....moron.

21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mcam.

Bell had the "ideal" situation in Pittsburgh. Primarily a strong supporting "O" cast and an O-line that understood his style of play and were able to execute it to help make him successful. He probably would have had the HOF if he played his entire career with the Steelers. He plain and simply blew it.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are doing fine without AB and Bell.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers are one of only five teams in the NFL averaging less than 300 yards per game in total offense. They are one spot above last in the league in passing yards per game with 195.5, ahead of only Washington's putrid attack. They are 24th in rushing yards per game and 23rd in points per game.

Your definition of fine and mine are not the same.

I get what you mean by the team doing fine, but that is the defense carrying them. I also get that the loss of Roethlisberger is the biggest factor in the offense's decline, but troubles at running back and wide receiver are definitely part of the problem as well.

24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    & Ben, Future looking bright.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    7-1 the last 8 games while retooling the offense is doing fine. Give these young pups a little credit. It's not all about putting up big stats anymore, I hope Ben agrees.