1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le’Veon: I’m gonna show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Sep 3, 2019.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Did the first coming of Nostradamus predict you? :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'll have to refer to the old scrolls.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

;+);+);+);+);+);+);+);+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dude was crying last night on national T.V. priceless!!!!!!:laughing::bscow:

• Like Like x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Here's LB's T shirt after the game last night: [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    why, because of his fumble near the end of the game?

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They used him up.
    His own team beat him into the ground.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Sounds familiar for L Bell....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He messed up and his agent is an idiot. I honestly thought he would retire a Steeler. I was really disappointed in him and the way all of it went down. Dang shame to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    First Call: Steelers’ next opponent winless, too; Le’Veon Bell is bummed

TIM BENZ | Monday, September 23, 2019

Bummed-out Bell

Criticism of the Jets is getting noticed by Le’Veon Bell.

That 30-14 loss to the Patriots dropped the club to 0-3.

[​IMG]

"all you haters, enjoy it for now..just don’t go casper when all this gets turned around..we embrace adversity, we embrace the hate, and everyone that wants to see my team fail, or me fail individually, I’ll remember, we’ll remember it ALL, & use it, & wear it as a badge of honor!"

Sep 22, 2019

Bell kinda “went Casper” himself Sunday, didn’t he? The former Steelers running back averaged less than two yards per carry on the day, lugging the ball for just 35 yards on 18 attempts. He also gained a bland 48 yards on four catches.

But he’s addressing those fans, who haven’t turned against the Jets yet, for help.

Well, the Jets can’t possibly lose next week.

They have a bye.

to read rest of article:

https://triblive.com/sports/first-call-steelers-next-opponent-winless-too-leveon-bell-is-bummed/

11. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    Le'Veon Bell, New York Jets

The deal: Four years, $52.5 million

The famous phrase surrounding Bell was that the Steelers wanted to "pay the position, not the player." The implication, of course, is that Bell transcends the running back position. While he attracted a ton of volume as a receiver in Pittsburgh, the argument that he deserved to be paid like a combo of a running back and wide receiver didn't stand serious scrutiny. The Steelers did just fine at running back without Bell in 2018.

Bell's stint in New York has been a disaster. Surrounded by a dismal offensive line and with a coach who might not want him altogether, the three-time Pro Bowler has averaged just 3.2 yards per carry and has yet to top 70 rushing or receiving yards in a game. His longest play of the season has gone for only 21 yards, and while he was incredibly efficient in Pittsburgh, Bell ranks dead last in DVOA and 28th in success rate, which measures how frequently a back keeps his offense on schedule. DVOA doesn't tell the whole story for running backs, but Bell hasn't remotely moved the needle in his first season in the Big Apple.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...get-paid-2020-why-recent-deals-look-disasters

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Hawaii 5-0.

I mean none of us are fortune tellers. Given that, we all (at least I) knew how this was going to turn out statistically for Bell. If he really thought that he could be the same player in NY as in Pittsburgh he is totally delusional. Two words that explain his shortcomings in NY: Supporting Cast. That is it. End of story.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What did anyone really think was going to happen to Lev Bell playing for the Jets? Same thing that happens to every free agent who's plays for the Jets...nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey groutbrook.

Like I stated, Bell was delusional thinking he could have the same success no matter what team he went to. But come on Lev, the Jets. Once again, maybe Lev just is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Research has shown that too much weed does destroy brain cells. Maybe that explains some of it.

In all seriousness though, I really do miss his talents as well as Brown. If these two had just stayed put in Pittsburgh they had HOF locked up the way they were going IMO. However, what drives people to their end goals in lives is based on individuality. For Bell, and Brown for that matter, it was obviously money, not rings. Man, I miss those guys' talents. I really wish they realized how good they had it Pittsburgh, kept their heads on straight, and just finished up their careers there. THEY BLEW IT!

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  15. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I wonder where he ends up next season.

16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelersFanCanada. For me, hopefully Pittsburgh! Does anyone else think that this is possible? I know that he did not leave on the greatest of terms but they were not ridiculous, like Brown. Connor is good but is not the answer. The thing that was special about Bell is that teams HAD to game plan for him. Now, that in itself makes him a seriousness game-changer.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Cleveland, they are building a disappoinment.

18. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Maybe I killed too many brain cells from s0moking too much weed but I don't recall a whole lot of animosity when Bell left. Yeah there was the lack of communication but he didn't burn his bridges.

Id be ok with him coming back next year as long as he didnt cost too much. He might still be able to produce at a high level with the right supporting cast although that's far from certain. His age, injury history, and year long absence from the game would combine to make him a gamble so he'd have to sign a 1 year prove it deal. Surely he wouldn't expect a large guaranteed contract? As funny as that idea is he might actually think that's possible.

All this being said, I doubt the Jets can afford to release him because of the guaranteed money they gave him.

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Of course, now he's talking about refusing to submit to the NFL's blood tests for HGH. He claims he is being unfairly targeted and even accused the league of using dirty needles. A skipped or otherwise missed test is as good as a failed test, something Bell should know from experience.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Lack of animosity toward Bell? C'mon man, he was a major distraction, held the team hostage and forced their hand. I dont know about the players, coaches, FO and owners, but as a fan, I had/have plenty of animosity toward this giant POS douchebag. He crapped all over his teammates and fans trying to get paid (only to get less) and held an over inflated view of himself. When he left, it was good riddance and to see him underperform and fall from favor now is vindication for what this anushole did in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    3 huge examples he could have researched:
    Neil O'Donnell
    Boomer
    Brett Favre

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bell is a transcending tester, trying to set the bar for his level of talent. :facepalm:

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Great examples, and the list goes on.

24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I didn't think Tomlin coached the Jets? :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Don't wanna pat myself on the back , but posted 2 years ago about Bell being slow, run into the ground, Is going to go downhill rapidly,Not near worth the money...Most thought I was crazy and ( I don't know how to look up stuff, or old threads ) But it's here, somewhere...Dude knows he's Toast, So now he's gonna do the Myles Garrett thing and deflect...To take the heat off of himself

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    One thing that went right this season, I wished ill will for A. Brown and L. Bell and got my wish.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1