1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le’Veon: I’m gonna show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I would take those receiving stats. Too bad he sucks inside the 5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Conner had 34 receps for a 7.4 avg and Samuels had 46 for a 6.3 avg. Just to compare since I was curious...

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    We need someone for Conner to back up. I'm still clinging to the 2 year window that Ben has.

4. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Asked Monday if Le'Veon Bell will remain the Jets' 2020 starter at running back, coach Adam Gase replied "ask (GM Joe Douglas) tomorrow."

Gase's open antagonism to his high-dollar running back has been close to unprecedented. Although Gase did give Bell the requisite work this season — the 27-year-old averaged 16 carries and 21 touches — the coach has taken every opportunity to make it clear he was not in favor of Bell's signing by ex-GM Mike Maccagnan. Gase made a big show of throwing Bell under the bus when he was ruled out against his will in Week 14 then went bowling. Bell, of course, had a miserable year running behind the Jets' horrendous offensive line, averaging a career-worst 3.2 yards per carry. He was made available ahead of October's trade deadline and will certainly be shopped this offseason. Cutting Bell would leave behind $19 million in dead money while freeing up just $3.5 million. It's not a good situation.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9464751

5. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    According to ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini, the odds of Le'Veon Bell being traded this offseason are "remote."

Despite coach Adam Gase's open antagonism of Bell throughout his debut season in the Big Apple, Cimini doesn't see a trade coming to fruition without the Jets taking on a significant portion of his 2020 salary, which calls for a whopping $13.5 million in guarantees. Even then, Cimini wouldn't anticipate New York getting much in return for Bell (a Day 3 draft pick is probably the best they could hope for), who the Jets believe put on weight in 2019 while losing much of his explosiveness. Only Buccaneers plodder Peyton Barber averaged fewer yards per rushing attempt (3.1) than Bell (3.2) last season.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
    Feb 17, 2020

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Le’Veon: I’m gonna show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Maybe he meant AB?:hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I agree that his lack of production and huge contract make it really unlikely he gets traded. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets cut in a year or two.

8. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    Won't be cut, but ...

Le'Veon Bell, running back

Current cap charge: $15.5 million | Dead money if cut: $19 million | Savings: -$3.5 million

They won't cut Bell; the cap hit is prohibitive. The better question is, will they trade him? The organization has come to the realization that, because of his massive salary, the chances of a trade are remote. To create a market, they'd have to be willing to pay a chunk of his 2020 salary ($13.5 million in total guarantees). Even then, the return would be minimal, probably a Day 3 draft pick. The Jets, who felt Bell gained weight and lost explosiveness as the season went on, have to make it work for another year.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-...t-roster-makeover-with-25-million-in-cap-cuts

9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If I was a professional running back, I would be like, "Thanks for resetting the running back market, Lev...resetting it DOWNWARD."

10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Looks like we did great letting them both go. One went crazy and showed himself the door, the other got greedy and showed himself the door. Both made huge mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    add in Todd Gurley and David Johnson and NFL teams are going to tread carefully before handing out other big $$$ contracts to RBs.

it'll be interesting to see how much Derrick Henry gets paid this offseason...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You do know 7 ypr is not good

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    1 rec td looks lame too.

14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We're on to Benny Snell football

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd like it. With a Kreider like performance from a full back. Grind the opposing d until they give up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bama Steel

Bama Steel Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Two players who were dangerous as hell without the ball were Hines Ward, of course and Dan Kreider. Remember the Ray Lewis pancake? Dan never got enough credit, he had "Pittsburgh Steeler Fullback" written all over him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1